[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sapphire and EVGA, for a long time considered the best AIBs for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: logo_sapphire.jpg (43KB, 800x518px) Image search: [Google]
logo_sapphire.jpg
43KB, 800x518px
Sapphire and EVGA, for a long time considered the best AIBs for AMD/ATi and Nvidia respectively are now at the bottom for a variety of reasons including reliability, bad RMA practices, inproper cooling, etc..

What happened? What the fuck happened?
>>
Too long at the top makes you complacent. They had problems, didn't bother to fix them, and other AIBs went in for the kill.
>>
At least XFX was always shit.
Powercolor got its shit together, so did ZOTAC and Gainward
>>
Sapphire was never good. They voided warranty if you took off your heatsink.

EVGA remains to be the only company that uses pure American support. If you call there'll be a guy answering who was likely born and raised in America.

Ironic too, considering EVGA is owned by a Chinese guy.
>>
>>57337489
Sapphire back then used to have the best product, they'd slap the highest quality chokes, mosfets, highest binned memory with plenty of overclocking room and a very quiet and powerful cooler(toxic/vapor-x), not to mention the gpu bins were pretty good as well and asked for 40$, well worth it.

Now nothing remains besides the name, and only that.
>>
>>57337415
MSI seemed the only AIB to be always at least 7/10 (Expect with the 290/x)

I mean, I got an R9 390 and it never goes above 72 when OC-d to 1100Mhz
>>
>>57337467
>At least XFX was always shit

Underage detected. XFX were better than Sapphire right up until Hawaii, when they fucked up their VRM cooling. But balance has been restored, because their RX 480 GTR is much better than the Sapphire Nitro.
>>
>>57337833
Lolno, XFXs known for shitty build quality leading to high temps, not to mention using semen for solder and Elpida shit
>>
>>57337489
Back to >>>/pol/ racist
>>
How good are Sapphire's workstation cards like the Sapphire GPRO 8200?
>>
>>57337962
Pro and Workstation cards should always be reference.
>>
>>57337917
(You)
>>
>XFX had to go AMD exclusive because Nvidia wouldnt allow an AIB that does both brands
>Asus, MSI, Gigabyte do both AMD/Nvidia

why hasnt Nvidia jewed them?
>>
>>57338198
>>XFX had to go AMD exclusive because Nvidia wouldnt allow an AIB that does both brands
>>Asus, MSI, Gigabyte do both AMD/Nvidia
>why hasnt Nvidia jewed them?

Too big, and they do a lot more stuff than just GPU

XFX only does PSUs
>>
>>57338171
Thanks
>>
so then, which ones are the good ones now? msi asus?
>>
>>57338273
>XFX only does PSUs

No they don't, SeaSonic makes their PSUs.
>>
>>57337467
Gainward is still shittiest tier. If you don't agree you could replace my burnt GTX Titan X because they didn't do that. I'll never buy their shit cards again, at least EVGA replaces their burnt shit.
>>
>>57341032
Depends on the card. Don't stick with brands.
>>
>>57341038
Seasonic is the OEM making XFX's PSU? I don't believe it, I thought they'd use some shittier OEM.
>>
gonna buy an XFX GTR 480 soon
>>
>>57337415
I bought an MSI aero
am I fucked?
>>
how exactly sapphire fucked up recently? i'm not following gpus atm cause i dont intend to switch in 1-2 years so first time hearing of it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.