[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> At uni > Course forces us to use java servlets to implement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: pajeet.png (448KB, 629x454px) Image search: [Google]
pajeet.png
448KB, 629x454px
> At uni
> Course forces us to use java servlets to implement some shitty request-update service.
> OK. Go to the documentation.
> "Servlets are secure because they use the java language."
> D R O P P E D

TFW when university is transforming me into a pajeet.
>>
Oh my god, shut the fuck up and stop listening to every fucking word /g/ says you're in college to learn not to impose some stupid ass hierarchy on fucking languages, just finish your stupid ass class and leave like the rest of us.
>>
>>57331125
edgy

college is all about girls, drugs and shitposting
>>
>>57330279
Java is quite secure.
Java Applets aren't.
>>
>>57330279
Cool, you must be a real bad ass
>>
>>57330279
Try not to be full of yourself.

Most university projects are just to teach you how to compete something, anything, end to end. Most of your cs projects before junior is senior year are about teaching you concepts, not real implementation.

Considering that two things, if you think your project is about servlets, you're not paying attention.
>>
File: pooinloo.jpg (147KB, 600x894px) Image search: [Google]
pooinloo.jpg
147KB, 600x894px
>>57330279
>>
>>57330279
I know /g/ hates Java because of muh pajeets and muh AbstractSingletonObjectBeanFactory, but is there actually a better language for OOP-heavy tasks like games and GUIs? C++ suffers from long compile times due to undecidable syntax left over from C, and C# is only available for Microsoft-approved platforms.
>>
File: VpulAfrZrvg.jpg (192KB, 1293x890px) Image search: [Google]
VpulAfrZrvg.jpg
192KB, 1293x890px
>>57330279
>>
>>57330279
I think they meant it has memory safety because it runs on top of the JVM ?
>>
>>57332662

>tfw no fat pussy buffalo
why live
>>
>>57332617
FYI, it's open (under MIT) so you can do whatever now. Betcha it runs 90% out of the box on a *BSD.

Fuck, it's free enough I think Debian might include it.
>>
>>57332537
It's also that it exposes you to shit that companies still using as fucking legacy shit. You'll land a nice job if you have a niche skillset other people have abandoned.
>>
File: college1.gif (366KB, 612x3658px) Image search: [Google]
college1.gif
366KB, 612x3658px
>>57331125
>>
>>57332577
>implying C++ is good
>>
File: conrad_barskis_final_form1.jpg (5KB, 256x150px) Image search: [Google]
conrad_barskis_final_form1.jpg
5KB, 256x150px
>>57332617
Common Lisp
>>
>>57333099
Fine, just stop whining about it you paid for the piece of paper now u play the waiting game
>>
>>57333112
>implying you aren't blind
>>
>>57332617
In a professional environment, longer compile times are far less of an issue than the performance issues of Java, not only because you will have a server farm doing your compilation, but also because you want to piss away time drinking coffee while waiting for code to compile.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.