[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Schiller's answer: Thank you for the email. It is a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

>Schiller's answer: Thank you for the email. It is a good question. To put more than 16GB of fast RAM into a notebook design at this time would require a memory system that consumes much more power and wouldn't be efficient enough for a notebook.

>No 32GB RAM because MUH THIN

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207256

>The two right-hand ports deliver Thunderbolt 3 functionality, but have reduced PCI Express bandwidth.

>Right side ports have less bandwidth than left side ports

APPLEL IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
>>57320252

>>The two right-hand ports deliver Thunderbolt 3 functionality, but have reduced PCI Express bandwidth.

I bet you they blame the 3.5mm headphone jack for it.
>>
>>57320252
Honest question
Can you afford it? Because most of /g/ are neet fags running 5 years+ old computers with anime wallpapers, no job, and with some kind of social anxiety,
>>
16 GB is more than enough.
>>
>>57320319

Not OP, but I've got 6-grand in checking, with a savings account healthy enough that the extra money doesn't really matter.
I could afford a Mac, but I prefer the value of my 5 years+ old computer with anime wallpapers and social anxiety (I have a job though).
Whether you have the money for something or not doesn't determine if you can have an opinion on something. Were that the case, the majority of people would not be allowed to have an opinion on cars, no matter how proficient they are with their operation, maintenance, repair, design, or creation, as most people cannot afford $20k at any given point in time.
And if we're talking about affording financing, you'd have to be PRETTY fucked to not get SOME financing option from Newegg, Amazon, Mastercard, Discovery, or similar to buy a Macbook with.
>>
>>57320424
So you can`t?

>Needing financing
So that’s the power of /g/
>>
>>57320438
noice b8 there m8t
>>
>>57320464
Oh look, the poorfag is replying with the power of memes.
>>
File: 1264643192000.png (328KB, 570x690px) Image search: [Google]
1264643192000.png
328KB, 570x690px
>>57320487
>>57320438

Not >>57320464

But seriously, mate. You could be doing something productive with your time instead of shitposting about apple products on /g/.
>>
>>57320344
>16 GB is more than enough.
"640k is enough for anybody"
W. Gates III
>>
File: courage.png (142KB, 843x719px) Image search: [Google]
courage.png
142KB, 843x719px
>>57320252

i fucking hate modern tech
>>
>>57320556
"tfw fell for the 16 GB RAM meme" - George Washington
>>
>>57320526
And there you are, complaining about things you can’t even afford.
Oh the irony.
>>
File: 4dollarcanvas.jpg (75KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
4dollarcanvas.jpg
75KB, 480x360px
>>57320570
The VAIO Z Canvas doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>57320570
Apple really made a mistake with this one. On the iPhone 7 it wasn't a big deal because the only other thing you plug in are headphones. Sure you can plug other stuff in, but it used the same connector as the 6 so it's fine.

This is a laptop though... A professional grade laptop. You need a bunch of adapters just to use it. What's so professional about it if there's only one type of connector?

If this what the MacBook with 4 ports then it's fine whatever, but a professional laptop? Apple is getting arrogant. Even Reddit made fun of them. Reddit!
>>
>>57320252
>no ethernet port

I guess that's just being courageous.
>>
>>57321421
>A professional grade laptop. You need a bunch of adapters just to use it. What's so professional about it if there's only one type of connector?

The whole idea is to push USB-C as the standard, and you can bet literally everything will be USB-C within the next year.

Just wait for CES in January, USB-C accessories and peripherals will be fucking everywhere.
>>
>>57320252
funny. 16 gb was a fucking meme days ago. now you people demand 32 gb.

complain about MUH THICKNESS all you want because it fucks up battery life, but don't complain about RAM, m85.3291
>>
Macbook "Pro" is such a misnomer now.
Apple make lifestyle products and status symbols. Real professionals laugh at them.
>>
>>57320319
If I just threw it on my credit card, yes.

Right now I don't have a lot of cash because I've been setting up in a new country and have bought a new desktop and a lot of stuff for my apartment, paying new bills and shit.
Obviously I could budget to getting one, but I don't want to and also it is shit. It's more like they upgraded the Macbook Air than upgraded the Macbook Pro.
>>
>>57321815
>The whole idea is to push USB-C as the standard, and you can bet literally everything will be USB-C within the next year.
That's already happening, but it isn't here NOW, and that's the problem.

If they did two USB3.0 and two USB-C ports that would push towards USB-C products as well because half the available ports are USB-C.
Instead it means that people who adopt now will need to buy adapters, and then in half a year with everything is shitting out USB-C connectors they won't need those adapters anymore and it just becomes a stupid waste.
>>
>>57322466
>It's more like they upgraded the Macbook Air than upgraded the Macbook Pro.
bull. same hardware platform and TDP as prev MacBook Pros.

>>57322486
>in half a year with everything is shitting out USB-C connectors they won't need those adapters anymore
most ppl use their laptops longer then that and more usb-c ports will then be useful
>>
>>57322518
>most ppl use their laptops longer then that and more usb-c ports will then be useful
Most people will use their current USB-A cables/devices for longer too.
>>
>>57322550
most people never use any accessories and professionals always used various adapters/hubs/docks.
>>
>>57320319
This is the third time I've seen this exact same comment written in this exact same way today.

Honest question, how much are they paying you to pull off your glorified "what are you, poor?" red herring tactic?
>>
>>57322654
lots of people just like to complain and never had any intention to get a macbook pro.
this question filters out a lot of them.
>>
>>57320438
at least 70% of all apple products are more than likely bought on finance.
>>
>>57320705
>no thunderbolt 3
into the trash
>>
>>57320252
>>No 32GB RAM because MUH THIN
blame Intel for not supporting 32GB LPDDR3 or LPDDR4. only cheap, inefficient and big 32GB DDR4.
>>>The two right-hand ports deliver Thunderbolt 3 functionality, but have reduced PCI Express bandwidth.
blame Intel for not supporting more PCIe lanes on their mobile platform, that the TB3 controller could use.
>>
>>57320252

I can't believe in 2016, Microsoft released a better product than Apple.

>Apple demolished by Microsoft at their respective PC events
>Who would have thought that at back-to-back hardware events in the year 2016, Microsoft Corp.’s would prove the much more innovative and exciting one over Apple Inc.?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/apple-demolished-by-microsoft-at-their-respective-pc-events-2016-10-27
>>
>>57322765
US-Americans buy everything with their credit cards, so it's more like 99%.
>>
>>57322853
what a retarded narrative.
no one but a few designers want a giant tablet.
>>
>>57320319
>Can you afford it? Because most of /g/ are neet fags running 5 years+ old computers with anime wallpapers, no job, and with some kind of social anxiety,

>implying an i7-2600k and gtx 580 won't handle whatever you throw at it today
>>
>>57322879
talking shit about Apple is ideal click-bait, so all the "tech journalists" do.
1-month later all those "tech journalists" will still have MacBooks.
>>
>>57322879
>>57322905

SurfaceStudio with SurfaceDial from Microsoft blows Apple's new Macbook the fuck out.

Apple died with Steve Jobs.
>>
>>57322921
Dial is retarded though.
>>
>>57322921
surface studio does not compete with macbooks.
>>
>>57322949

Apple has nothing to compete with it in their "Pro" lines. That is the point.
>>
>>57322854
90% of all currency is credit fag
>>
>>57322960
we are obv talking about debt to your name, not to the Fed.
>>
>>57322956
and?
Steve Jobs was already pretty clear that there will be no touchscreen-mac.
enjoy your OS getting giant boxes so touchscreen fags can hit it.
>>
>>57322956
>Apple has nothing to compete with it in their "Pro" lines.
Cintiq already provides that.
what would be so great about an in-house solution?
>>
>>57323128
>what would be so great about an in-house solution?
prosumer would know about it.
>>
You're complaining about memory controllers of all things? I can't even use the damn post-2012 MBP because they run so hot!
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.