[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be possible to install example Lubuntu onto a USB drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: shot_accessories(1).png (87KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
shot_accessories(1).png
87KB, 640x512px
Would it be possible to install example Lubuntu onto a USB drive the use some sort of sniffing as a classic POST / GET request sniffer from router connections (for example, putting the sniffer while connected to a school network, and using the sniffer on your portable Lubuntu so there's no permissions fucking with you), and have it just sniff all the traffic? It seemed like a really cool idea, and now I'm installing Lubuntu to my USB drive.

Tips?
>>
yes
kali
>>
>>57319838

Do you mean to make a USB packet sniffer; or to boot Lubuntu from USB and sniff packets with wireshark and such?
>>
>>57319861
I was thinking to just make a live USB for Lubuntu, then install Lubuntu onto the USB by repartitioning it inside of Lubuntu, then being able to have a working environment in Lubuntu, so I don't have to go buy a External SSD / HDD for the job, then booting into the Environment and using Wireshark or etc :-P
>>
>>57319876

Yes that is extremely easy to do but not nearly as neat as just plugging in your USB stealthily and then retrieving it later to inspect the .pcap(s).

https://wiki.wireshark.org/WiresharkPortable (a bit outdated but just the first one that comes to mind).
>>
>>57319887
Yeah I could just plug a USB in the back of one of the PCs at night, then in the morning or next time we have the period just go and get it then, when booting WiresharkPortable is it like terminal + I'd have to shut off the monitor cause that'd look a bit suss I think
>>
>>57319913

Get a RaspberryPi and you can make your own neat device to do whatever it is you want and have it be disguised/implemented however you want.
>>
>>57320031
That's a really cool idea haha, will order one some time :P For now will stick with the USB :-)
>>
this is what a thread should be like, no immature bickering of what v of Linux is better
>>
>>57319838
Maybe
Wifi might be possible
Ethernet is a no-go. A switch will only send packets to the port it's intended for
>>
>>57320360
Yeah well the school uses wifi for the mac computers (problem arises) but there are also some really old Lenovo ThinkPad machines (fuck life), so I could try to (in a mac class) get the last macbook there is, then I'd have to go get a ThinkPad and boot into my remote OS?

But the main machines that we use are Macbook Minis, so I'll have to try to think something up, thanks for the heads up tho!

Would Cain and Abel work for Ethernet or is that similar software to Wireshark, thanks :-)
>>
>>57320387
wut?
cain and abel is a password cracker, how is wifi a problem if you want to sniff wifi and what the fuck is a macbook mini? do you mean mac mini?
>>
>>57320435
You can use Cain and Abel to sniff POST and GET requests which is what I wanna do
>>
>>57320435
OH SHIT I MEANT A MACBOOK AIR
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.