[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I installed Trisquel on a 2003 PC - the resolution is HUGE,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: stupid resolution.jpg (438KB, 1408x1154px) Image search: [Google]
stupid resolution.jpg
438KB, 1408x1154px
Today I installed Trisquel on a 2003 PC
- the resolution is HUGE, had to install something in order to change the resolution. After restart the same HUGE resolution.
- when i try to open google it crashes with no error
- task manager crashes with error
- software update says it's finished but it's not

What os should I install ? The HDD has only 4gb. Don't tell me windows xp it's too boring and I need to find the drivers.
>>
Install 2004 era debian (woody) or ubuntu (hardy).
>>
correct your monitor's geometry so you can actually see what's on the screen ffs
>>
>>57310378
you mean install old versions? I want updates and to be able to download software.
>>57310389
What's monitor geometry?
>>
>>57310442
I call it "hardware bitrot". You're running hardware so old that nobody tests modern kernels for it anymore.

BSD is slightly less bad in this regard, but still expect problems.

The machine is so slow that it can't deal with modern "up to date" bloat, unless you run some sort of minimalist distro (alpine or such).
>>
I guess puppy linux would run fine on it
>>
>>57310344
Trisquel is a broken meme OS that had good intentions but sucks. Try Debian (jessie or testing, doesn't really matter which) on it. If it's still fucky even after taking all feasible attempts to fix the problems, then try older versions of Debian on it. As for DE/WM, go with LXDE or whatever standalone WM you want. Look up the names of the components to see if Debian would need a non-free driver for any of them (prob the wifi at least), because you'd need to download those packages and put it on another flash drive, SD card, or disk.

I have no idea if it'll fit on the 4GB HDD, if it doesn't then just recycle the damn thing or replace it with a bigger HDD (at least 30GB or so).
>>
Install ChromeOS.
>>
>>57310442
>What's monitor geometry?
settings that affect how the image is projected on the screen. your image doesn't fill the whole screen for instance.
>>
>>57312451
30 gb is Windows tier bloat, the hard drive space isn't the limiting factor here.
>>
>>57310344
Puppy.
>>
I booted puppy and same thing with the resolution. I'm trying lubuntu right now.
>>
>>57312159
>puppy linux

/thread
>>
File: 1364873759311.gif (16KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1364873759311.gif
16KB, 125x125px
>>57312451

shouldn't you be able to install a W7 lite?, i tried it on a compaq d530 with a 20gb disk, i took some shit out (basically everything i don't use and most of windows generic drivers that i can install later if needed except video) and the whole c:/windows folder took 1,87 gb.
Still i won't know about ram, that thing works on 384 mb using 280 mb on desktop, 256~512 mb for pagefile and i can open 3 or 4 chrome tabs without issues using ublock and compliments disabled, still after that it get slow as shit and the low available memory message pops up.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.