[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are most PC cases utter garbage? Why do people love big

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: iNCYI1I.jpg (246KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
iNCYI1I.jpg
246KB, 1280x800px
Why are most PC cases utter garbage?

Why do people love big stuff, taking all the space, making it untidy?
Who else here loves efficiency and minimalism?

Recommend me any decent small mini-ITX cases smaller than 15m3 volume that will allow you to fit in a GPU up to 30cm, CPU cooler of atleast 14cm / or 240mm rad+ 2xfans and all.

Further restriction, it should be available in Europe.
I have no interests in importing a case and go through all the custom duties.

Otherwise I would have gotten myself a Ncase M1.
>>
>>57309451
People buy pc for being modular,and expandable/adaptable.
>>
>efficiency

Yeah sure it's efficient when you can't even utilize all your available expansion ports/slots provided by your motherboard and are forced to buy slim fans and run your shit up to 90c because you decided to meme yourself with a small case.
>>
File: dr_zaber_sentry.jpg (196KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
dr_zaber_sentry.jpg
196KB, 1200x600px
lack of ambient cooling is what kills these thing long term, they are neat tho
>>
>>57309451
I live in the EU and bought the M1, my question is what is an extra 20 bucks if you already spent almost 200 bucks (IF it gets picked up by customs)
>>
>>57309497
>retard who thinks big case means automatically good temperatures, and small case means automatically bad temperatures for the components

Kek'd
>>
>>57309451
>Why are most PC cases utter garbage?
They're made to be cheap and appeal to gamers.

Stuff like the UMX4 looks nice, and it seems like it can fit some long cards, but I don't know if it can fit my 315mm long graphics card.
>>
Garbage in... Money out.
>>
>>57309839
It literally does
>>
>>57310711
No it does not. A bigger case does have more air flow inside but it also has more stagnant pockets of air that never circulate, it needs to first disperse the heat inside the case before moving it outside. Meanwhile a small itx case has no room for air flow but it directly moves the heat out of the case, they have less volume for the heat to occupy inside so it gets transferred outside quicker.
>>
>>57309497
>Yeah sure it's efficient when you can't even utilize all your available expansion ports/slots provided by your motherboard
Depends of the case, senpai desu
Some cases are small yet they have space so you can use all your slots, as well other cases which forces you to sacrifice something in order to fully use the slots of your mb
>>
File: pchangingfromceiling.jpg (15KB, 260x560px) Image search: [Google]
pchangingfromceiling.jpg
15KB, 260x560px
>>57309451
Just get rid of the case altogether anon, go full minimalsim
>>
File: 1462935174798.jpg (43KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
1462935174798.jpg
43KB, 640x627px
My issue is that all PC cases are ugly as sin.
I need a case that I can put next to the living room TV without sticking out.
>>
>>57309451
where the fuck is that things PSU
>>
>>57309451
You pay more for less when you buy cases smaller than ATX.
>>
File: 1460326213008.jpg (46KB, 429x429px) Image search: [Google]
1460326213008.jpg
46KB, 429x429px
>>57312628
Even if you do that you have disgusting fan and vibration noises ruining the quiet scenes of Nolan Kino.
>>
>>57312628
ncase m1
get noctua fans with rubber mounts
>>
>>57312725
so literally just do OP's pic
>>
>>57312628
>>57312725
wait for the "dan a4" case, it's smaller than ncase and has better airflow for the gpu + more 3.5/2.5 sata space.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.