[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? Is there any decent replacement for uni students?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
What went wrong? Is there any decent replacement for uni students? There isn't a Surface Pro 4 with a GPU and all of the other alternatives look like cheap shit.
>>
>>57304432
>Surface Pro 4
wasn't that the some buggy pos?
>>
>>57304432
>What went wrong?
Nothing? The hinge design is weird and my first gen sometimes gets weird software glitches, but the software will only get better over time and I'm assuming they'll eventually come up with a better solution for the gap.

Other than that, it's perfect. What's your issue with it?
>>
>>57304441
Works fine for me.
>>
>>57304432
>What went wrong?
windows
>>
>>57304432
I don't get the hinge. Why have that? Makes the laptop like half an inch thicker than it has to be. It would be cool if they just made a normal laptop that wasn't detachable.
>>
>>57304463
There are numerous people who complain about it switching back and forth between tablet mode. Power supply issues are also pretty common. Other users have problems with the OS not loading. There are so many problems out there for it, it's almost a gamble trying to get one that doesn't have issues.
>>
>>57304432
i RATHER LIKE THE SURFACE BOOK, PROVIDING YOU CAN GET ONE WITHOUT ISSUES.
>>
>what is a surface book
>>
>>57304487
I think the detachable screen is a great improvement. Being able to take it off and use it as a tablet for writing, drawing, and whatever else and connect it back to the actual keyboard base whenever you need a laptop is godmode for user comfort.
>>
>>57304488
All those issues are apparent and have effected me. I even had to get a replacement model, luckily at no charge.

The ONLY REASON I'm letting it slide is because it's a first generation product. But with the new one coming out, I doubt software will be as bad. This is Microsoft's first time making an actual laptop, and it's an ambitious one at that. If stability is important than yeah fuck this thing, don't get it. Otherwise, it's fine 99% of the time, I fucking love mine.
>>
>>57304494
This is what the OP was talking about, the QC from Microsoft was terrible. So many with defects, but the OS problems will probably be smoothed out with time (but it's already been so long since it was released...)
>>
>>57304502
it's too big for a tablet and being detachable makes it top-heavy.
>>
>>57304519
>But with the new one coming out, I doubt software will be as bad.
yeah, right.
you should take a look at the Surface Pro 3.
>>
>>57304432
Making a computer go to sleep is a hard computer science problem.
>>
>>57304432
What the fuck are you people doing in university? I am in CS and until last year I had a piece of shit 10 inch acer netbook. Now I have a 17 inch gaymen laptop. Build your apps and deploy them on a phone. So hard.
>>
>>57304656

Then get a Surface Pro. The size of the screen is actually a plus if you want a portable drawing tablet.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.