[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw my dad is a designer >the features perfectly jam with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>tfw my dad is a designer
>the features perfectly jam with his work methodology
>he'll never buy it because it's not apple
Is microsoft fighting a lost battle here?
>>
>>57298946
for every 10 guys like your dad, 1 guy is thinking he might as well give it a shot because holy fuck 3000x4500

and when that guy goes and says his experience was great, 1 of the 10 that said "never" changes their mind. and then there are 2 saying their experiences were great

and then the next year when microsoft releases a new version with all the mistakes cleared up, some new features, and fewer fuckups overall, then a 3rd and maybe 4th person out of the original 10 zealots figure they'll give it a shot.

and on and on.

why do i need to explain this to you? do you need a chaperone to browse the internet or something?
>>
>>57298946
>Is microsoft fighting a lost battle here?

Not at all. There's a lot of DCC and CAD software that isn't available on Mac. Not all "creative types" suckle on Apple's teat.
>>
>>57298946
>>he'll never buy it because it's not apple

so he's a retard?

microsoft's demographic is the opposite mate.
>>
>>57298975
>why do i need to explain this to you? do you need a chaperone to browse the internet or something?
I-I thought it would be an interesting discussion, don't be mean to me.
>>
>>57298946
What if you can make it a Hackintosh?

As is it seems to be a glorified and gimped AIO, just ditch Windows and it's nothing new.
>>
>>57298946
your dad is an idiot. the "i'm a creative, i only use apple"-meme died with jobs. 10, 15 years ago, no question. the mac was lightyears ahead of the pc for creatives, but that's oboslete now. apple turned his back on the professional community and is turning into an high profile consumer brand, concentrating on it's iDevices.

if your dad is serious about his work, he should wait for the next generation of surface studios and go with it.

t. publishing house print producer for 11 years
>>
>>57299019
>he should wait for the next generation of surface studios and go with it

The Surface products are much better about depreciation than typical Windows machines. If the 2nd gen is enough of an improvement he could likely sell the old one for 2/3 what he paid and buy the new one.
>>
>>57298946
no
most designers I follow on twitter were talking about switching over to the surface/studio during the apple presentation
will they actually do it? i have no idea but at least people are starting to consider it
>>
>Digitizer jitter problem
I'm waiting till they get some demo unit's in the local MS store so I can find out if this is still the case.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMLA8YIgG0

I can't stop replaying this.

Tech has felt like it's slowing down for so long. Moore's Law is officially dead, smartphones are stagnating, desktop displays are stuck at late-nineties pixel densities, the internet has become one gigantic social-networking circle jerk, and Wacom has been sitting on their fucking hands for years.

I had almost forgotten what it was like to feel genuinely excited about technology.
>>
File: appleFreek2.jpg (120KB, 547x586px) Image search: [Google]
appleFreek2.jpg
120KB, 547x586px
>>57298946
i work in a graphics studio. Showed it to my boss whos a apple freek but loves to draw by hand, she older and was there from the start of apple and think jobs is a god. See picture, $3000 or $5000 is not a problem for her she/we have have some big accounts. Just the clients walking in and seeing this thing on her desk with their work on it will make them ok anything.
>>
>>57302524
>those bars
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.