[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are all emacs users complete dicks? I've worked for a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Emacs_512.png (149KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Emacs_512.png
149KB, 512x512px
Are all emacs users complete dicks?

I've worked for a few software companies and ive noticed all pf the people ive come across that use emacs are straight up dicks. None of them seem to be particularly good at using it, often taking obscene amounts of time doing simple procedures such as opening a new window, copy pasting some shit on there. They have this "i'm better than you" attitude which is unsettling because they clearly have difficulty using their tool. Most of them will try to push it on you as well, like its some sort of religion. Also most of them are around my age (31) so its not like they had to grow up using emcacs, they had access to modern ides their entire life.

This is not hate against the tool itself, it looks like a pretty good tool, if you had all the shortcuts memorized.

Personally ill stick with notepad++ for short python scripts and IDEs like visual studio/pycharm/eclipse for projects.

Am I on to something?

Emacs users: prove you arent a dick.
Non Emacs users: prove me right.
>>
>>57297507
If you don't have autism you would use Geany or atom anyways.

Vim/Emacs are are autism central
>>
I personally use vim and I'd like to think that I use it pretty well, but people that say they know how to use something to seem cool and then spend ten minutes trying to figure out how to copy/paste make me mad.
>>
I find it doubtful that anyone even slightly familiar with emacs keyboard shortcuts would struggle to remember C-x 2, M-w and C-y
>>
>>57297595
>>>57297507 (OP) (You)
>If you don't have autism you would use Geany or atom anyways.

Yea i forgot about atom. Atom is going to become my main, eventually. Its got all the notepad++ shit i use, but its more "ide"ish

Autism though... this had not crossed my mind. This pretty much makes the most sense.

>>57297642
The guy failing at his copy paste was doing so in a meeting with shareholders. Everyone at first was like "oooh what crazy tool is this" and then they were silently cringing.
>>
>>57297507
i love the vim keybinds, so i use it with sublime. but if you use vim for anything else than headless text editing, then you are autistic.
>>
>>57297507
>>>/soc/
>>
>>57297507
>notepad++
Comparing notepad++ to emacs. You must be trolling anon.
>>
you might as well start wearing girl clothes since you're so sensitive and soft anon
>>
>>57297992
Yes, post pics
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.