[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dad wants me to transfer his vacation photos from his iphone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1471230275332.jpg (96KB, 1300x870px) Image search: [Google]
1471230275332.jpg
96KB, 1300x870px
>dad wants me to transfer his vacation photos from his iphone to his USB stick
>agree because how hard can a file transfer be
>do it on my school macbook and think it will >just werk because apple+apple
>the iphone doesn't appear in Finder
>holy shit what
>google how to transfer photos from an iphone using a mac
>all top results say I should use a mac program called "Photos" and import them from there
>boot up Photos for the first time
>import photos
>huh that WAS pretty easy. now where are my photos located?
>can't find them anywhere in Finder, do another google search on where they are
>the photos are all located in a "Photos-library" file and I can't access them
>what the FUCK
>desperately try to google a solution
>finally realise you have to export them from within Photos
>have to find and select the vacation photos which are sorted by date and location IE a fucking mess

This process would be 20 times easier on windows + android. How can Apple pride themselves in usability?
>>
Apple's modus operandi is to sell its users more Apple goods and services.
In the macfags world his photos are automatically synced to photos via iCloud
>>
Why didn't you just download them off of icloud.com?
>>
>>57293839
If not b8, you're a fucking retard. Right click the Photos database file and click "show package contents" and navigate your way to the master files from there. Alternatively, instead of photos, open the program Image Capture and import the files that way instead, directly to your USB.
>>
Had to pull vacation photos from my mums ipad once and had the exact same problem. It took me forever... This shit is way too complicated
>>
>>57293945
>Right click the Photos database file and click a hidden option and navigate your way to the master files from there
thank you for further proving my point
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.