[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

6 year old computer is failing. Current specs Intel core i7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 1477059962509.jpg (15KB, 319x363px) Image search: [Google]
1477059962509.jpg
15KB, 319x363px
6 year old computer is failing. Current specs

Intel core i7 2600 processor, 3.40ghz, 6mb cache, socket lga1155

Asus p8p67 pro mb, socket 1155, intel p67 chipset, 4x ddr3, sata3, sata2, esata, raid, firewire, usb3.0, 8ch audio, gblan, crossfire/sli

Strontium 4g kit (2gx2) ddr3-1600 pwn gaming series overclockers ram 8g total.

Western digital caviar black sata2/sata3 (1tb) 1000gb/7200rpm/ sata3 / 64mb cache/3.5" hard disc drive [wd1002faex]

Sapphire hd6950 2g gddr5 pcie

Lg gh22ns50 DVD writer

Coolermaster haf rc-922 med tower - no psu, black USB, FireWire, esata, audio, high air flow, atx

650w "corsair" hx-650 atx power supply, 80plus silver certified, single 140mm fan, flat modular cables, universal ac input 90~264v, over current/voltage/power protection, under voltage protection

Windows7 home premium 64bit

I need a new one equal or slightly better. Anyone willing to help? Prefer cheap as possible.
>>
>>57293713
>6 year old computer is failing
What do you mean by it's falling? I'm 99% sure whatever problem you have can be solved by a format and reinstall of your OS.
>>
>>57293713

Failing after 6 years........PMSL......
>>
>>57293717
This
>>
Just get a Dell if you can't even build a PC that lasts longer than 6 years. There's a small premium to pay, sure, but at least you know it will be built correctly.
>>
>>57293717

OP must be a retard. Either that or baiting.
>>
>>57293737

100% correct, Anon.
>>
>>57293717
If it would boot. It turns on but doesn't boot properly the screen and keyboard don't get triggered to turn on it just stays in the boot phase before those activate. 99% of time it stays like this but other 1% it beeps I tried to get it to beep after 100 or more reboots it hadn't beeped and I give up. It's been having problems for 2 years like this so I just stopped turning it off or allowing it to go to sleep. Recently had to turn it off and had so much trouble getting it to boot. Reformatted 3 times since then but last 2 or 3 days haven't been able to get it to boot even once
>>
>>57293754

Motherboard is rekt, Anon.
>>
>>57293722
Is it expected to last longer than 6 years or?
>>
>>57293779
So do I build a new one or just get a new motherboard but keep every thing else?
>>
>>57293780
Or course it is.
>>
>>57293780

I have Computers that are 10+ years old that work perfectly fine just fine, Anon. All I've done is replace the CPU fans in them.
>>
>>57293787

Keep everything else and replace the Motherboard, Anon.
>>
>>57293797
Even if you never turn it off and have it running media server as well as botting numerous games literally 24/7?
>>
>>57293801
I've replaced the fan in this one less than 6 months ago. It seems to get so incredibly dusty is that normal?
>>
>>57293823

Yeap.......they get covered in dust.......it don't matter as long as it doesn't effect the speed of the fan.The reason I changed mine out is that the motors were failing in them.

My Sister has Compaq Pressario.......only a stock Compaq CPU heatsink and fan fits the Motherboard......that computer has been through 2 of them.

You don't want to buy cheap heatsink and fans.

I use Akasa, they are good quality.
>>
>>57293892
Maybe I'll take my pc to a shop get them ri replace motherboard then if people seem to think that's the problem.

Any recommendations on new one?
>>
>>57293787
Is that even a question?
>should I replace the only failing component or bin it all and blow money on a new rig
Don't look for an excuse to upgrade here. Replace your motherboard with one that fits and you'll be good to go.
>>
>>57293754
Just replace the motherboard. You have a solid system, no need to replace it all yet.
>>
>>57293948
>>57293949
I'm just thinking cos its going to end up costing about 100 in labour anyway plus on top of that the new motherboard and a clean will bring it to about $300. If it is going to cost that much already if a new computers only an extra 300 or 400 is it not worth just doing that?

I do want the cheapest option but am scared repairing it and then it has another problem within a year or something.

Any motherboard suggestions? I suppose an option is to replace it myself I'd need to watch a few videos.
>>
>>57293939

Replace it with the one you have......have a look for one on Amazon, Ebay, Newegg etc.You won't have to mess about reinstalling Windows if you do that.

I looked on Ebay.....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Asus+p8p67+pro&_sacat=0

It will probably cost you $100 for a Computer Repair Store to do the rebuild for you.
>>
>>57294026
Okay I'll take it to place I got it and ask for them to diagnose and fix. Hopefully doesn't cost more than 200
>>
>>57294015
>labour
>paying for cleaning
>not buying a used mobo

Jesus, this has to be bait or OP is a nigger.
>>
>>57294015
>$100 in labor

What nigga this is like a 30 minute job, an hour if it's your first time.
All you need is hands and a crosshead screwdriver, and more than 3 braincells
>>
>>57294328

Take it to good repair place.....

Not a piece of shit like PC World etc. Those places will rape you. I reinstalled Windows on a friends computer(This was a few years ago when Iived in the United States).

He first went to CompUSA......they were going to charge him $125 + tax.

I charged him $80 and I also flashed the BIOS in it.
>>
>>57294516
Why would I buy a used one? I'm cheap but not a fucking nigger I can spend the extra and buy new.

>>57294564
Never done anything computer related like this.

>>57294668
Everywhere overcharges cos they know you scared to do it yourself. These cunts charge 80 to clean but 30 to install a new fan including the cost of fan. The fk
>>
>>57293754
Reset the mobo you idiot. if its not the firmware then get another one.
>>
>>57295490
How do you reset it?
>>
Try to boot with only one ddr3 module. If you are lucky it could be one of the memory module what is faulty.
>>
>>57295726
Pick out the cr2032 battery for a minute. Even better if you replace it with a new one, after 6 years it could be dead and maybe it can cause unusual problems.
>>
>>57293713
have pretty much the same computer but with 16gbs, Intel SSD as main drive and 2 Caviar Blacks and GTX580. Working perfectly fine.
>>
ITT: OP is a braindead faggot

Seriously, if you want to upgrade, just upgrade. No need to post faggotry like this here.

And I thought that /g/ isn't someone's tech support army. What the fuck?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.