[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you remember the days when you had to buy a proprietary app

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: qemm974.jpg (35KB, 597x408px) Image search: [Google]
qemm974.jpg
35KB, 597x408px
Do you remember the days when you had to buy a proprietary app just to use the RAM you bought?
>>
File: ex3bb1.jpg (29KB, 552x200px) Image search: [Google]
ex3bb1.jpg
29KB, 552x200px
I still have an EMS memory card somewhere.
>>
No. When was this?
>>
>>57287027
Jesus, I remember those fuckers, my dad had like 5 of them in one computer for some unknown reason
It was probably the equivalent of someone on g having 128gb of ram for the purpose of shitposting and YouTube.
>>
No op. That's a memory compression program. It compresses ram so you have more, causes incompatibilities and makes your PC run shit
>>
>>57287004
>app
There were only a few programs that were called applications back in the day.
>>
Memmaker did this for free
>>
>>57287668

Eventually. And MS got sued by all the companies that made software that MemMaker made irrelevant. Same with DoubleSpace.
>>
>>57287027
Yeah I remember these. So that card can have a max of 2MB right? And you have to load a fucking EMS TSR application to access it. And your application has to specifically support EMS memory...
>>
>>57287700
hue
>>
>>57287994
Lucasarts games were huge assholes in terms of needing EMS and other expanded memory fuckery, and some of them were so huge and complex that you needed them to create a special boot disk that loaded only the essentials they needed to run, assuming iyour 386 toaster couldn't handle it, and they generally didn't work as well as a system that natively had all that shit

Dark Forces and Tie Fighter were the tipping points in asking Santa for a better computer back in middle school
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.