[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/, I'm doubting between the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled-3.png (205KB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.png
205KB, 960x1080px
Hi /g/, I'm doubting between the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro and the 4.

Are Mediateks as shitty as everyone says?
>>
>>57282046
Yes
>>
>>57282046
No not really performance wise, but you WON'T get any rom support
>>
>>57282164
Is being stuck with MIUI global that bad?

I've always rooted, unlocked bootloaders and changed ROMs and stuff, but people say Xiaomi's ROMs are really optimised. I'm not a ricer, but of course I've enjoyed the performance boost of some ROMs before.

How is long term support with these guys? At least I'll gete one more year with the 4 considering is newer, right?
>>
>>57282164
There are roms for Note 3 though. Why wouldn't there be any for 4?
>>
>>57282206
i use miui on xiaomi phones, it's simply more stable and you get the best battery life out of the phone with it.

>>57282258
compare the mediatek version to the snapdragon version
>>
>>57282278

So considering the performance is better in the 4 and such, I should go with the 4 if i'm not too fond on AOSP ROMs right?
>>
I am on redmi 3 pro
no CM13 for me cause not popular enough I guess
no android 6 for me from xiaomi yet, and its not even 1 year old phone

is there a specific reason for going redmi 4?
some hardware?
if not then go for note 3 pro
>>
>>57282293
Depends on how much more expensive it is v the snapdragon redmi note 3.

Also there is a global RN3 with all the 4G bands

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_467446.html?wid=4
>>
>>57282327
Miui Dev is 6.1 bro
>>
>>57282343
you sure you talk about my redmi 3? and not redmi note 3?
>>
>>57282356
right nevermind, got confused. op is talking about the note
>>
>>57282278
So am I understanding this correctly?

>Chipset Mediatek MT6797 Helio X20
>CPU Deca-core 2.1 GHz
>GPU Mali-T880 MP4

Because of those, Note4 can't get unofficial ROM support even if it gets very popular.
>>
I am using MIUI 8.0.5.0 global and I have no conplaints. Had CM 12 on my old S3 and i don't miss it, really.
>>
>>57282783
Using the 4, right?
>>
>>57282046
get a mi5 instead
>>
I can't wait for the Mi Mix. I'll give up my Moto X Style and I just hope it has an or blaster. And USA LTE support.
>>
>>57282801
using the mi5
>>
File: Y6Bvje5.jpg (123KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Y6Bvje5.jpg
123KB, 500x750px
>>57282164
This is the only reason anyone shits on Mediatek anymore, the ROM support just is not there.

It used to be because of ROM + shitty GPS, but the GPS performance is now equal or in some places better than Qualcomm's. If you do not care about that and/or the phone has a ROM that is consistently updated and to your liking, Mediatek is great.
>>
>>57282947
>>57282801

A tad out of my price range. I doubted on getting a refurbished LG g4, but I heard battery life is abysmal. External batteries are a thing in that phone, but I guess I'd just end in a ROM just to get something decent, or just lowering the screen resolution to boost performance.

For that, I guess a native 1920x1080 screen is better.
>>
>>57282046
Does Note 4 support Camera2 API? Note 3 needs to be rooted to get access but what about note 4?
>>
>>57284218
also if you're a burger you won't get 4g in burgerstan
>>
>>57282046
What do you people do on your phone to NEED specs better than an Xperia Z2?
As long as it has a nice camera, screen, and works well as a phone I don't get it.
>>
>>57284351
>A tad out of my price range
I got my mi5 for 240€ shipped, how much of a jew are you?
>>
>>57284351
thanks for the (You), friend. What i tried to say is that the stock global xiaomeme rom is sufficient. it has nifty features, such as dual apps, etc. theres really no need to get a rn3p if you like the design of the rn4. unofficial roms are memes by themselves and in most cases fuck up your battery life.
>>
>>57282046
I have a Note 2 Pro Mediatek and yet 0 problems. Tons of rom,easy root and easy recovery.
I dunno how Mediatek was before but atm i completely satisfied
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.