[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> buy iPhone 7 > Buy new macbook pro 2016 > literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

> buy iPhone 7
> Buy new macbook pro 2016
> literally can't connect your iPhone on it without an adapter
> can't use your iPhone headphones on it without an adapter

really makes you think
>>
really makes you drink
>>
File: TimeMachine01_Logo1.png (87KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
TimeMachine01_Logo1.png
87KB, 256x256px
really makes you sync
>>
Would apple replace their lightning cable for USB type C on their next iPhone?
>>
File: MK0X2.jpg (61KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
MK0X2.jpg
61KB, 2000x2000px
>>57280608
>literally can't connect your iPhone on it without an adapter
what?

>can't use your iPhone headphones on it without an adapter
os x's continuity thing (or maybe a different feature) makes the audio transition relatively smoothly from one device to another. you just use wireless headphones, which is the direction apple was pushing with the new iPhones.

i know you really want to make a thread about apple, but you zealots are grasping at straws here. there's lots of shit that apple has done in the last 2 or 3 months that's been absolutely retarded. stop going for this flimsy shit.
>>
>>57280633
but then how would they sell you those $29 cables?
>>
>>57280608
pretty homosexual i might say.
>>
File: apple dongle hell.jpg (295KB, 788x520px) Image search: [Google]
apple dongle hell.jpg
295KB, 788x520px
>adaptor
you mean a cable
>>
>>57280608
>can't connect your iPhone on it without an adapter
Yes you can moron
>>
>>57280665
> have to buy additional cable
> good
>>
File: ipod_1.jpg (49KB, 560x411px) Image search: [Google]
ipod_1.jpg
49KB, 560x411px
>can't even plug in your iPod
>>
>>57280724
nice damage control.
>>
>>57280633
seems unlikely since lightning is much thinner than usb-c and Apple is obsessed with thinness and doesn't need more pins on the phone:
http://josh-ua.co/blog/2015/3/15/usb-c-dimensions-size-comparison-with-the-lightning-port-and-usb-type-a
>>
>>57280724
Not him, but I honestly haven't plugged my phone into my laptop in at least a year. Do you? I plug my phone into an AC adapter for power, but virtually never my laptop.

Beside this, it sounds like nothing would satisfy you. At some point your lightning cables will become useless. What could Apple have done differently that would have made you not greentext the change?

I'm all for giving Apple shit, but in this one case where they're switching everything on their laptops to USB Type C, I kind of want to be encouraging. This is an unquestionably good thing that they've done, and if you refuse to acknowledge that then you're just a mindless zealot.
>>
apple hates standards.
when they were forcing usb c with the macbook it wasn't practically a standard. It was used basically nowhere.
technically it was a standard though, now adaption in other phones have started.

so now they're in a pickle, they'll probably use this >>57280760 as their excuse.
>>
File: 1475825085190.jpg (137KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475825085190.jpg
137KB, 800x600px
really makes you blink
>>
>>57280760
Apple isn't always obsessed with thinness. The 6s was noticeably thicker than the 6 and the 7 is just as thick as the 6s.
>>
>>57280773
>This is an unquestionably good thing that they've done
how to manage a transition:
a) flag day where at one day everything old doesn't work
b) evolutionary where you remove legacy ports and add new ones step by step
>>
>>57280779
>when they were forcing usb c with the macbook it wasn't practically a standard. It was used basically nowhere.
these mental gymnastics are really impressive. it was finalized in mid/late 2014.

are you seriously going to give apple shit for being early adopters of an open standard? do you have flashes of self-awareness where you realize what a fucking crazy hypocrite you're being?
>>
>>57280779
>when they were forcing usb c with the macbook it wasn't practically a standard. It was used basically nowhere.
But it was widely agreed that USB C would replace micro USB. This will be the new standard and Apple had very little to do with it outside being the first to push out a device using it. As always, Apple is doing nothing more than being the first to implement the general consensus and then touting it as revolutionary, despite it being detrimental.
>>
>>57280822
>b) evolutionary where you remove legacy ports and add new ones step by step
so for every generation that has some type A ports and some type C ports customers hold off on buying because they know these are just stopgap generations until apple goes whole hog on the upgrade?

hardware standard changes are painful. this has always been the case and it always will be. this is especially true in hardware that barely/doesn't have space to accommodate both the new and the old standard. the MBP as it's currently designed is too thin for a type A port.
>>
>>57280839
>Apple is doing nothing more than being the first to implement the general consensus and then touting it as revolutionary, despite it being detrimental.
/g/ has always given apple shit for implementing proprietary shit and charging for access to their proprietary garbage connectors. if you want to go develop a USB-C peripheral, you don't have to pay apple for access to that port.

it's detrimental to the customer in the same way that ripping a band-aid off is harmful to a patient. it's going to happen anyway, so either bite the bullet now or don't.
>>
>>57280779
>The USB Type-C Specification 1.0 was published by the USB Implementers Forum and was finalized in August 2014

>The Nokia N1 is an Android-powered tablet developed by Nokia. Unveiled on 18 November 2014....The N1 is the first tablet on the market to use the new reversible USB Type-C connector;

>The MacBook is a line of Macintosh portable computers introduced in March 2015 by Apple Inc.
>>
>>57280892
if /g/ could have their way, apple would be both too hasty in adopting the USB C standard and too slow.

this is basically the inevitable outcome of religious zealots having their obsession redirected toward consumer electronics
>>
>>57280810
>The 6s was noticeably thicker than the 6
>one HUNDREDTH OF AN INCH is noticeable
Erm, alright.
>>57280877
>it's detrimental to the customer in the same way that ripping a band-aid off is harmful to a patient
Poor analogy. Every other manufacturer gradually phase out the old standards, meaning you don't instantly have to replace all your stuff. If we stick with your band aid analogy, it's as if Apple make sure as much hair as physically possible is stuck to the band aid before tearing it off. Three USB C ports and one legacy port would have been perfectly acceptable but no, Apple is too brave for that.
>>
>>57280843
>so for every generation that has some type A ports and some type C ports customers hold off on buying because they know these are just stopgap generations until apple goes whole hog on the upgrade?
this doesn't make sense:
most people already have old usb-a accessories, so having only usb-c is what's actually holding them off

the ports on the laptops should mirror the actual demands of the costumers, not some far future. most people will need clunky adapters now.
>>
>>57280948
>adapters
cables
>>
>>57280843
>this has always been the case and it always will be
No, it doesnt have to and often isn't. You simply include both usb A and usb C until C is the practical standard because it's inherently superior. It makes for a actually free market where A and C will compete only with how practical they are.

Apple however, is doing their usual thing and values fashion far over practicality.
And rather than spread usb-c adoption they made a new big market for adapters...
>>57280969
Far from everything has replaceable cables, making adapters a must. And it's acctually easier and cheaper to just get 1 (or a few, for the new macpros) adapters
>>
>>57280916
>this is basically the inevitable outcome of religious zealots having their obsession redirected toward consumer electronics

The religious zealots in this case are Apple fanatics that defend every fucking action Apple takes to screw them up the ass, not those that mock Apple.
>>
>>57280969
nope
a) for example usb-a flash drives will need an adapter
b) replacing every cable of all your other accessories is more effort and expense than getting ONE usb-c to usb-a adapter and makes them unusable for your non-mbps devices like current imac.
>>
>>57281026
>Far from everything has replaceable cables, making adapters a must. And it's acctually easier and cheaper to just get 1 (or a few, for the new macpros) adapters
what scenario is there for a USB cable that can't be replaced?
>>
>>57281037
you're bitching about apple adopting a standard that was finalized over two years ago. stop being a fucking crazy person or you're going to end up in a collage like those retarded faggots who didn't understand what high ppi screens were good for
>>
>>57281037
but Apple doesn't make sense
>September: declare headphone jack as obsolete
>October: new mbp comes with a headphone jack
>>
>>57280944
>Every other manufacturer gradually phase out the old standards, meaning you don't instantly have to replace all your stuff

This.
>>
>>57280892
Did you not read?
I wrote PRACTICALLY. As in, out in the real world, USB-C was very very rare.
>>
How bad are MacBook Airs?

I notice they get hate around here, I was looking at one.
>>
>>57281055

I'm not bitching about anything friendo. Adopting a standard is good but not when you also drop standards that are still widely used (USB type A, 3.5mm jack). It's just amateur hour at Apple and it gives me so much pleasure to watch them disintegrate.
>>
>>57281078
display is shit: low res and tn panel means very limited viewing angle. rest was okay.
but obv pretty out of date now for Apple's price.
>>
>>57280633
>Would apple replace their lightning cable for USB type C on their next iPhone?

And comply with EU law?
NEVER!
>>
>>57281048
>what scenario is there for a USB cable that can't be replaced?
Devices that dont even have a cable, USB drives, card readers, vape and drone chargers, lights etc.

Then there's lots of mice, keyboards, xbox controlers, fans etc that dont have removable cables.
>>
>>57280773
how do you put music on it?
Especially considering the image connected with apple, being able to move music onto your iPhone is pretty important, unless you pay for apple music
>>
>>57281095
>it gives me so much pleasure to watch them disintegrate.
i like the competition. android was a garbage truck on fire until iOS lit a fire under google's ass. same with high PPI laptops and displays and desktop operating systems.
>>
>>57281141
i use spotify, but in the case of spotify and itunes you can sync over wifi. it can sync local tracks as well. it's been able to do this for years.
>>
>>57281078
pretty much what >>57281109 said.
I have one, it's coming on 2 years old.
works for what I need it to, and it's pretty comfy. I think I'll be installing linux on it pretty soon, desu
>>
>>57280608
Really makes me wonder how a company and their nigger cum guzzling customers can be so fucking stupid
>>
File: 1279275067950.jpg (62KB, 521x482px) Image search: [Google]
1279275067950.jpg
62KB, 521x482px
>>57281150
>i like the competition

Agreed. If only Apple would hire Scott Forstall back, they might have a hope of redeeming themselves. I never liked Apple or Jobs much but I can't deny it would be criminal to lose them. Right now, they're actually seeming to prove the "4-year plan" thing was real and now they're circling the drain without Jobs.
>>
>>57281141
You use "the cloud" :^)
Seriously, say what you want about Jobs, but he could at least add useful features and knew where to draw the line between aethetics and functionality. Apple's going too far with the "muh thinness" meme and pointless features, and even braindead Applefags are starting to take notice. Pretty soon they're going to start going down like they did in the 90s, only they can't bring Jobs back to save them this time. I'm going to laugh when I start seeing third-party iOS devices on the market.
>>
>>57281095
>adopting a standard is good but not when you also drop standards that are still widely used
Disdisdisdisdis.

Standards that are still widely used are normally for a good reason, such as not worth a price hike to overhaul something that will be replaced by something that is only minimally better.

Taking the examples of 3.5mm jack and type A;
>have phone with 3.5mm jack and Bluetooth
>can use either wired or wireless headphones
>choice is mine
Ok now remove the 3.5mm and guess what, you've lost the choices and options for the customer. What have you gained? Nothing, Bluetooth was already there..
>have laptop with type A and type C
>can use whatever is more convenient
>my machine is more flexible and adept with more i/o
Now remove type A. What have you gained? Nothing, instead you have to find accessories which use type C and they may be harder to find or more expensive than the same type A ones, but you don't have a choice, you can't pick whichever is better.
>>
>>57281200
yep. apple needs to figure its shit out. HP, Lenovo, Samsung, etc... have proven that they're hopeless at this whole competition thing when it's just them.

i don't root for the bear, but it's impossible to argue that the bear isn't forcing the campers to run faster.
>>
File: welcome to the future.jpg (70KB, 636x544px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to the future.jpg
70KB, 636x544px
Remember when PC mainboards had ISA slots? Well, they existed for years along with PCI slots and were gradually phased out. Same thing with PCI slots - they were gradually phased out when PCI-Express was gaining in popularity.

Now imagine if Apple was in charge of this change.

>Year 0: ISA is deprecated so there will be no ISA slots on this board, only PCI. Fuck you if you still have ISA cards/peripherals
>Year 2: PCI is deprecated so there will be no PCI slots on this board, only PCI-e. Fuck you if you still have PCI cards/peripherals

Now, Apple defenders will point out the history about ridding the CD-ROM or whatever but the difference was at that time, Jobs knew that CDs were being replaced as a medium by not only USB devices but the internet as a whole - there were already superior forms of storage that were massively gaining traction which hastened the (quite rightful) demise of the CD-ROM drive. The current Apple crop sadly don't have Jobs' ability and seem to be dropping still widely used and useful standards just "because". You can argue all you like to the contrary but you can't deny you would still be better off with ONE old port and a mixture of new USB-c ports until it became the dominant standard. You would lose nothing and still have expandability.
>>
>>57281215
I think that'll happen.
Jobs was the lifeblood of that company
He's the only reason that it revived in the early 2000s. Now that he's been gone for so long, we're really seeing the difference. Do you think Jobs would let the camera bump? Or even the size of the 6? Or the fact that there's a Plus size? Why have two sizes? Jobs' idea was that Apple is different than the other companies, and Tim Cook has taken the opposite approach, that they should do the things that make the other companies money.

Camera bump, the horrendous battery pack, the apple pencil charging, and magic mouse charging are posted all the time, but in reality, while they are so minute, part of Jobs' appeal was that he cared about the little things. He cared about what was best for the consumer in EVERY way.

He was great, a visionary. A dick to Wozniak, but such is life.
>>
>>57280608
Not to mention there is no way to connect the lighting earpods to the new macbook pro because there is no such adapter as lighting to 3.5 audio jack!
LMAO
>>
>>57281130
>EU law
???
Do they ban proprietary connectors or something?
>>
>>57281823
Yes
https://www.engadget.com/2014/03/14/europe-votes-for-common-charger-law/
Apple has to include a micro USB to Lightning adapter with everything in Europe for that reason.
>>
>>57280608
Why do you buy hardware that does not fit your needs and then complain about it not fitting your needs?
>>
>>57283603
Applefags are the one pandering "muh ecosystem" and now are you telling me that iphone 7 owners gonna be better with a windows laptop with standard usb ports?
>>
>>57282172
This is also why Nintendo doesn't bundle the 3DS with a charger. Originally they only did that in Europe but now it's made it's way over here too.
>>
>>57284591
I'm saying buy whatever works for you that gets the job done.
>>
>>57280608
this is the kind of shit that would have never made it past Jobs
>>
File: 1449689083784.jpg (25KB, 450x572px) Image search: [Google]
1449689083784.jpg
25KB, 450x572px
>>57281372
>tfw aplelfags will justify those adapters anyway.
>>
>iphone comes with a usbA to lightning cable
>macbook comes with only usbC ports
They didn't think this through.
>>
>>57285866
>the lightning to USB-A was just a prank
>it was that way so the surprise of the new MBP would not be spoiled
>iPhone 7's will now be shipped with lightning to USB-C
>fuck you if you already bought and iPhone 7 tho
>>
>>57281730
it would be lightning to usb-c you fagtard, are you not paying attention? the new macbook has no 3.5mm jack. they literally sell the cable you need on their website and I'm sure it will be included with a new macbook.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.