[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have "Php and Mysql web development (5th edition)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: PHP_Logo.png (12KB, 722x350px) Image search: [Google]
PHP_Logo.png
12KB, 722x350px
Anyone have "Php and Mysql web development (5th edition) by Luke Welling and Laura Thomson" in pdf ?
Much appreciated /g/entoomen
>>
>>57279142
http://kiruban.perso.neuf.fr/books/PHP%20and%20MySQL%20Web%20Development%204th%20Ed~tqw~_darksiderg.pdf
>>
>>57279503
Thank you for helping, but I already have this , this is 4th edition. I still appreciate the effort anon
>>
Look in the 'deprecated' section of your local library.
>>
>>57279655
I thought it was a good book. What options do I have if it's deprecated as you say?
>>
>>57279675
It's not the book that's deprecated; it's the technology.
>>
>>57279790
What would you use then to easily manipulate an sql database tru a website?
>>
>>57279832
Anything but PHP
>>
>>57279790
Dude dont give me that shit. I know php is fucking shit but thats not the topic here. I HAVE to learn it, you think that all those employers fucking care about that? Thats the world we live in and its not like 95% of internet which runs on php will stop using it any time soon and you know it.
>>
>>57279910
Don't listen to idiots who say PHP is dead. PHP is having a renaissance now since facebook moved to the scene with HHVM. Even Zend had to get their shit together and make PHP7.
>>
>>57279832
hes just being elitist . But one problem of PHP is noobs using depreciated code from tutorials and for example forget to santise varibles.

Its good to learn if you want to learn how WordPress and other CMS frameworks are working and you can always switch to another language later.

I prefer it over C#/.net and java myself.
>>
>>57279972
>>57280084
I just wanted the book or at least any kind of recommendation for other books so I can learn up-to-date stuff from a credible source. I hate video tutorials. I like to learn stuff as deep as I can.
But every time someone derails the thread saying that I should quit the X language/technology.
>>
>>57279832
Use PDO for SQL databases.
http://php.net/manual/en/book.pdo.php
>>
>>57280121
http://www.codepancake.com/php-books-for-beginners-and-intermediate/

I've only read "Modern PHP: New Features and Good Practices by Josh Lockhart" from that list. It does not really teaches PHP but it's more of a list of good practices. Also it teaches how to set up a LEMP (Linux [E]nginx MySQL PHP-fpm) server which is much faster than traditional LAMP server.
>>
>>57280429
Thanks anon
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.