[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, is there a computer optimising software that isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1458197021723.gif (193KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1458197021723.gif
193KB, 400x399px
Hey /g/,

is there a computer optimising software that isn't a scam?
>>
>>57277279
Yea, it's called your brain.
Get to work faggot.
>>
>>57277279
>computer optimising software
That phrase, with no context about what you are optimizing FOR, doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>57277288
Performance optimisation, I thought it was pretty self explanitory
>>
Gentoo
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:PPC/Working/USE
>>
>>57277299
Yeah I'm really not all that skilled in the coding department, that's why I'm asking
>>
Common Sense Advanced Edition has the ability to do this
>>
The only thing that just werks is overclocking. If you recompile something with -march=native you might get a 1% increase in performance or something.
>>
>>57277279
Memcache.
Readyboost/lvmcache if you somehow have a USB 3.0 and an IDE HDD.
>>
>>57277279
buy a shitload of ram and run your whole system off a ramdisk.
>>
>>57277296
What kind of performance? Processing? Storage? IO? Graphics? Network?
>>
>>57277312
He's not kidding. Gentoo is exactly what you're looking for.
>>
Nothing can optimize your processor with few exceptions that don't apply.
You could optimize the thing your system runs, but there are tools for that built into every os. It mainly consists of programs that waste your resources by running in the background.
Deleting cache and empty folders does nothing for the computer unless you're literally running out of harddisk space and are autistic about your dirtree.
>>
>>57277338
Like general multi-tasking on a laptop. I can't upgrade the cpu or ram and I dont have enough money for a new laptop
>>
>>57277344
How would I go about using gentoo? I don't have any experience with it
>>
>>57277430
Best bet is probably to just reinstall the OS
>>
he's talking about a fucking software that stop background process or prioritize performance resources to the fucking game he wants to play, jeez guys you never stop being dicks
>>
CSense 20.17 Alpha version
>>57277440
It's better to learn how to avoid having to reinstall than to keep doing reinstallations once shit gets slow.
>>
>>57277455

>It's better to learn how to avoid having to reinstall than to keep doing reinstallations once shit gets slow.

And that's why you're gonna install a bunch of crapware right?
>>
>>57277279
Bonzi buddy
>>
>>57277504
I love Bonzi buddy and how he used to talk to me, those were the days
>>
>>57277467
>not just using gentoo where things never get slow
stay pleb
>>
Just install linux, it doesnt need shitware to stay optimal.
>>
File: 1477637657111.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477637657111.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
hhahahahahhahahahaahahaaahaaahahhhhaaaahhhhhhhaaaaahhhha a aaa hhhh h.

no
>>
Delete everything you don't really need.
>>
Yes. LLVM-OPT is very good. You build your program to LLVM-ByteCode instead of a compiled binary. Then run the ByteCode with Opt. Provide a sample usecase/test data. LLVM-Opt will then take the bytecode+branching data+function call graph. And optimize your I-Cache layout, and provide better branch hinting.

Oh you mean proprietary software? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.