[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Fedora not have more users? Is Debian better than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1441062439182.jpg (99KB, 908x714px) Image search: [Google]
1441062439182.jpg
99KB, 908x714px
Why does Fedora not have more users?

Is Debian better than Fedora? Why?
>>
If you want rock stable you go debian
If you want daily driver you go debian testing
If you want edgy you go arch
Fedore has no real use
>>
>beta testing for free
not a redcuck sorry
>>
>>57274759
why would I want to play test monkey for RHEL?

they already have centos / real employees to do that
>>
>>57274796
>>57274798
But you get the latest software and technology from the same people who created 25% of the Linux ecosystem.

All of the other distributions combined would be less than 5% total contributions.
>>
Well, there's still hope that Debian will drop systemd in a future release. There's no such hope for anything Red Hat related. Anyone using Debian for anything serious is still using Wheezy in order to avoid systemd (or 14.04 if you're using Ubuntu, which uses upstart).
>>
>>57274840
anon i will tell you about something called devuan look it up
>>
>>57274840
What's so bad about systemd?
>>
>>57274840
What's so bad about systemd?
>>
>>57274853

Very promising, but I'll keep my Wheezy and Trusty for the time being.
>>
debain only became as popular because of ubuntu and gaming. there is literally nothing wrong with fedora.
>>
>>57274840
There is literally nothing wrong with SystemD.
>>
>>57274840

What's wrong with systemd?
>>
>>57274759

Debian belongs to politicians and intelligence agencies, while Fedora belongs to a corporation. The former ones are up to sneaky shit and won't implement any changes that you'll complain about, but the latter ones will whore it into the ground and sell your data.
>>
>>57274930
>Red Hat / Fedora
>Sells your data
W E W. Your government probably sells your data more often in one week than Red Hat ever would.
>>
>>57274859
>>57274866
>>57274892
>>57274921

Provides nothing meaningful beyond a slightly faster init system, which is pointless in a realm where uptime is everything and you're only caring about fast init times when something went wrong, and when systemd fails, the system fails in the most vague of fashions.

Attempts to replace or replicate perfectly working utils for the sole purpose of "integration" (ie tight coupling) with no benefits.

Creates unnecessary abstraction that forces devs to adhere to said abstraction, creating a single point of failure.

I could go on, but then I'd be derailing. Do your own research. Christ.
>>
>>57276706
They're just shill don't reply to them
>>
heil?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.