[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If virtual reality advances to the point that it's indistinguishable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: cyphersteak1.jpg (310KB, 1905x792px) Image search: [Google]
cyphersteak1.jpg
310KB, 1905x792px
If virtual reality advances to the point that it's indistinguishable from reality, would you ditch this life permanently (you'll have no memory of it)? What life would you choose?
>>
whichever offers me the easiest life
>>
Yes, definitely.
>>
>>57263890
Why would I willingly and knowingly accept the rule of a demiurge?
I want the truth (or as close as I can get) not an abstraction
>>
>>57263934
Money is better than truth.

Also, as long as we can keep the brain healthy (you don't need your body anymore), you could live a life of perfect health. Maybe even live forever.
>>
>>57263890
>you'll have no memory of it
I've spent decades learning shit, no thanks.
>>
>>57263968
Well you better help the Ai come into existence or else buddy.
>>
If it's indistinguishable from reality then what's the point?
Listen right, when something like the Matrix is created it will be used for advertising spaces to 'try on' clothes and shit.
>>
>implying george soros and the .01% will make it attainable for masses. George gas had 5 hearts needing one every 2 years. How many human beaft transplants can you afford?
>>
>>57264348
because you could try a life where you are not ugly, or a manlet, or nonwhite, etc
>>
>>57264354
Soros is literally a modern day vampire
>>
>>57263890
>What life would you choose?

Basically Elon Musk.
>>
>>57265269
Sounds stressful. Why not be an unknown billionaire?
>>
>>57263890
No
>>
>>57263890
What if the sad reality of the matrix is that people chose to live their lives in the matrix.

Kind of like a Fahrenheit 451 twist.
>>
>>57263890
>indistinguishable from reality
Then there's not much point then is there.

Call me when I can live as a virtual female with a raging horsecock.
>>
>>57265723
I'm not sure why you think you can't.
>>
File: medium.jpg (47KB, 496x469px) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
47KB, 496x469px
>>57264354
no no no

They'll make it unaffordable to live anywhere in the real world. The real world will be a privilege for the super rich. Everyone else will be forced to sell of their body parts to Soros and will live their life as a brain in a box connected to VR.
>>
File: 1460403924736.jpg (867KB, 2048x1411px) Image search: [Google]
1460403924736.jpg
867KB, 2048x1411px
>>57263934

You're never going to get there, that thing you want to know doesn't exist. Not that we can know in others, but our particular sentience suffers from such vast existential delusions. Not only do we interpret varying realities from one another, but the one true reality we see is merely perceived through the meat body.

Such things do not exist that you seek, that you can't already accept as substantial enough. There are laws that define this existence, from the ebb and flow of organic life to the perpetual dis-or-reassembling of the entire universe surrounding us.

Everything that we are is essentially bits and pieces of everything that exists around us, the only thing original thing that we have ever perceived is our own sentience, but then again it's just a more advanced version of very simple cues of survival. To think like we do is a unique byproduct of our evolution, when all we really need like all living things is the instinctual 'button presses' to continue this ultimately pointless existence. Where realistically the only thing that is intrinsically important to the self is it's own experiences.
>>
>>57263890
I'd take the leap into the unknown.

I'd install a dead man's switch inside of my brain. something that could image the entire thing and then immediately upload it somewhere. then I'd be tossed into the virtual reality. the contents of my being would run on some kind of human brain emulator, and I'd live forever inside of the matrix.

because you see, there's no telling what consciousness is or why it exists. it doesn't make sense that I am cognizant purely because of my brain. it's made of matter, after all, and operates on chemical and electrical processes. everything could be reproduced exactly as it is. who's to say that I would die? perhaps I'd still be me. perhaps I'd still perceive and reason as I do now.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.