[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g, Advice from the experts. I want to install a W10 Pro license

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: asus-eeebook-x205ta.jpg (137KB, 1000x591px) Image search: [Google]
asus-eeebook-x205ta.jpg
137KB, 1000x591px
Hi /g,
Advice from the experts. I want to install a W10 Pro license on a UEFI laptop, that already have a W10 Home, self acquired license on it.

I got this license for cheap but I guess it's an OEM license so I cannot upgrade from home to pro. I need a clean system.
But since it already has the W10 Home, even a clean installation won't do.
Is there a way to remove the old license from the UEFI? thanks in advance.
>>
Bamp
>>
Yes. Remove secure boot from bios and done. Secure boot secures the OEM key so that when you reinstall the stock OS it won't ask for product key because it is saved and a bad thing would be preventing you from installing other windows OS or GNU/Linux OS. I think on Asus is the ESC key or f2 or f1 to go in the BIOS good luck
>>
Secure boot will be a BIOS option, disable it and you'll be able to upgrade it I think.
>>
Yes already saw that option on the BIOS but was waiting for your advice.

Would be a wise thing to save the already present key? That one for W10 Home... If I can find the Product key first...
>>
Oh and thanks for your patience
>>
This is the most retarded thread I have seen in a while, yes, you can upgrade from home to pro from any version, just use the generic install key and then when pro is upgraded just use your legit pro key.
Everything else said here is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>57263463
Care to explain?

Because it won't take the Key as you say
>>
>>57263945
You have to install using the disc of the edition you want to upgrade to. You can't just input your new key and it will change your version. Get a Pro disc and install using your Pro key.
>>
>>57266617
Yes and you see, I did that already. But the OS won't ask me for the key. I've tried also to have it offline all the time (it asks to connect to WiFi) but as soon as it connects, it just re-validate the home key.

That's what I meant originally.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.