[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is a game, but I feel like it fits here better than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: new_crowded.png (291KB, 3129x1657px) Image search: [Google]
new_crowded.png
291KB, 3129x1657px
I know this is a game, but I feel like it fits here better than /v/, because it's the technology behind it that's interesting to me, not so much the actual game.

I was curious about how games handle bots, both through technology and design, and a few days later a friend linked me this game called AdventureLand, and I've been messing around with it for about a week. Basically, it's a simple RPG where you can use Javascript to automate your actions, from targeting, kiting and fighting monsters/players, to upgrading and buying items, to more complicated tasks like pathfinding. You can also log multiple characters to form your own party, that can all be entirely automated.

There's not a lot to it right now content-wise, but I thought it was a really neat concept and I'm curious as to how it was done. If anyone has seen anything similar to this done before (I'm sure it has), I'd love to check it out.
>>
Yeah I've seen something like it, it's called Final Fantasy 12. Also, 4chan lets you use css and/or js to automate things here. Possibly log IDs and create a sort of party mentality.
>>
>mixels
I'm sick
>>
>>57259232
> I'm curious as to how it was done
What, that you can execute code? Same as always.

> If anyone has seen anything similar to this done before (I'm sure it has), I'd love to check it out.
Shit, just about every "teach kids programming" turtle Logic shit thing has done that in a way.

What you really want to git good is however to read and understand academic papers and actual code like this:
https://github.com/masagroup/recastdetour

Shit isn't easy though.
>>
>>57259303
I linked to some odd fork - real linkage here:
https://github.com/recastnavigation/recastnavigation
>>
>>57259232
Interesting, reminds me of MIT's battlecup.

Also coming to /g/ to ask for help from "programmers" is a joke. They don't know shit, all they do is literally following linux tutorials and shill, all day long
>>
>>57259292
*claps
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.