[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people defend the lack of micro SD card slots on phone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Why do people defend the lack of micro SD card slots on phone?
Why would anyone pay $100 for 32 GiB more of storage that's obsolete the moment you change your phone when a $50 128 GiB micro SD card can be carried forward to your next phone?
Why do people even need more than 16 GiB for apps on their phones?

It's like getting a laptop with an SSD and no removable optical drive to add a hard disk for additional storage.
>>
>>57256619
Because even my $150 chinkphones eMMC destroys the fastest micro SD.

Don't be a poorfag, buy the better model phone with larger capacity and stop relying on unreliable slow piece of shit micro SD cards.
>>
>>57256619
it can make the phone slower, and not everyone needs it
>>
>>57256647
>>57256635
I only put pictures or videos on my micro SD card though. 16 GiB is enough for applications.
>>
File: IMG_20161027_131725_051.jpg (90KB, 1080x698px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161027_131725_051.jpg
90KB, 1080x698px
>>57256656
Me too. Just downloaded images, the occasional movie, and music. But if I could replace this with 64GB, or 128GB internal storage I probably would, simply because of the performance increase.
>>
eMMC can be made into a modular product tho.

How hard is it to replace the chip on an iphone or android?
>>
>>57256619
>Why do people defend the lack of micro SD card slots on phone?
Because they love logos. They'd rather sacrifice freedoms just to have a logo on their phone.
>>
>>57256619
They are idiots that cant plan ahead of time, then in a butt hurt rage try to justify it to themselves by telling others stuff like "I dont need that much memory" and "whats the matter, too poor to afford a phone with enough memory"

>tfw sitting in class and someone tells iphonefag to download an app and he replies "I cant, Im out of memory"
>>
Only poojets and apppletards defend this.

Literally no reason for non removable batteries and no sd slot other than planned obsolescence
>>
>>57256816
>b-but muh 2 micrometers thickness reduction
>>
File: Screenshot_20161026-193900.jpg (433KB, 1148x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161026-193900.jpg
433KB, 1148x900px
The read speed is different by a lot but the write speed isn't hugely different. The extra space is well worth it.
>>
>>57256968
>uses a shit phone
>doesn't realize modern smartphones come with SSD with 600+mb/s read/write
>900 mb/s on ip7
>>
>>57256993
>>900 mb/s on ip7
It's actually just 40MB/s LMAO

http://wccftech.com/iphone-7-32gb-storage-speeds-slower/
>>
>>57256993
but I can't take out the SSD and put it on my PC or new phone when the phone breaks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.