[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about smartphone OS's. In the near future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Let's talk about smartphone OS's.

In the near future smartphones will be able to replace PC's. At least for basic use.

The super simplified smartphone operation systems are a big obstacle for this to be realized?

How can smartphone OS's be improved to be better suited for advanced users and serve as a desktop variant?
>>
>>57250443
Ubuntu is already trying that. I would buy one if they made a waterproof mobile phone with a large battery that uses Ubuntu.
>>
>>57250443
Why UI is such trash?
Windows 95 had more buttons with less resolution.

>How can smartphone OS's be improved to be better suited for advanced users and serve as a desktop variant?
By having open access to hardware, file system, and the system in overall, sure.
>>
>>57251096

That doesn't help ordinary users, you Asperger King.

Ordinary users need the OS to get the fuck out of their face, be secure, and be difficult/impossible to break. Which explains the popularity of iOS and ChromeOS.
>>
>>57251151
> That doesn't help ordinary user
Did you ever read the question, genius?
Advanced users aren't advanced users for no reason.
>>
>>57251217

But they basically are at this point. There's really not a lot of point in doing things the old way anymore.
>>
>>57250443
I honestly think that Microsoft has the right idea with UWP. In a perfect world it would have made it so that the same apps run on any type of hardware, so you could download Twitter on your phone and have it ready to go on your PC and tablet at the same time.
Too bad they fucking suck at it though
>>
>>57251151
Nothing says "out of your face" like gigantic icons and animations for fucking everything.

Besides, what's "in your face" about square boxes?

>>57251232
I do what I do because it's what I enjoy. I enjoy the more text-based internet over the modern multimedia web 2.0.

I also enjoy terminal programs due to their reduced system load but surprising capability.

Though both of these are also ecologically based, since I'm a strong believer in green tech.
>>
>>57251302
> I honestly think that Microsoft has the right idea with UWP
I'm pretty sure it's not a novelty.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.