[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got an Acer 4820tg with a switchable Radeon HD5650,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: slavtop.jpg (193KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
slavtop.jpg
193KB, 600x450px
I've got an Acer 4820tg with a switchable Radeon HD5650, back when switchable graphics used to be based on some weird mux.

The thing is, the 5650 apparently died while switched on, so now I can't see a thing and I can't switch to the integrated intel card.

Any ideas on how to save this fella?
>>
Desperate bump.
>>
>>57249523
Try to remember the workflow to switch the graphics and do it blind with arrow keys, tab and spacebar.

Try removing the dead card.

Check in Bios.

Try if windows+p does anything.
>>
>>57249892
Yeah, sadly I can't see the bios either and the card is soldered in the motherboard. I guess I'm shit out of luck.
>>
>>57249932

Does the backlight turn on? It could be an lcd issue and not a dead gpu.

Try connecting external display before booting
>>
>>57249932
Oh shit I forgot you can't see the BIOS.

If you somehow managed to uninstall the radeon drivers maybe it would switch to internal graphics. Before you throw it in the garbage you could try taking the hdd out and plugging it into a pc. Then messing with the files or the registry.
>>
>>57250022
Backlight doesn't turn on either, no response at all. Already tried external monitor, no response. I'm almost sure it's the dedicated GPU, since it was quite hot before this happened.

>>57250061
Interesting idea, maybe if I just switch the HDD for another one with a clean windows install I may get some response.

Anyway, I wish there was a way to completely deactivate the dedicated card, but I have no idea of how to do that without having access to the BIOS or Windows. Could I do it directly through the motherboard?
>>
>>57250125
There might be a jumper on the motherboard but probably not.

You could try a BIOS reset and see if you can access the BIOS then. You'll have to find the battery, take it out and wait for a while. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/79027-35-acer-5552g-corrupted-bios
>>
>>57250279
Maybe if I reset the BIOS it'll fall back to the integrated, good idea.

Thanks for the genuine advice!
>>
>>57250300
Happy to help. Good luck anon.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.