[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Microsoft is selling expensive, high end products specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: surface-studio-1.jpg (102KB, 616x347px) Image search: [Google]
surface-studio-1.jpg
102KB, 616x347px
>Microsoft is selling expensive, high end products specifically marketed towards creative professionals
>Apple is selling cheaper, outdated, low quality products marketed to the general public

What parallel universe have I entered?
>>
How could they switch roles like this on the first place?
>>
Stain dimension is a hell of a thing.
>>
>Display: 28-inch 4500 x 3000 PixelSense LCD (192 PPI), 3:2 aspect ratio, Adobe sRGB and DCI-P color settings, 10-point multitouch.

Bueno.jpg
>>
>>57249173
>Base model has roughly the same specs as the base 5k iMac if you don't count the touch screen or the fact that the iMac has a higher resolution
>Costs $1200 more than the base 5k iMac
I'm really not kidding you here, the base model has an i5 and a GTX 965M despite costing $3000 and the upgrade to an i7 and a 980M (nothing better available) is an additional $1200.
>>
>>57250346
if it would be cheaper nobody would buy it.
>>
>>57249173
>windows 10
>>
>>57250270
>one inch on the screen is one inch in real life
>TrueScale
what does it mean
seriously wat
>>
File: tumblr_n6b4jtYyMP1rbwaqko1_400.gif (2MB, 294x260px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6b4jtYyMP1rbwaqko1_400.gif
2MB, 294x260px
>>57250248
>>
>>57250346
Yeah but a 27" touch screen cintiq is another $2800 on top of an iMac.
>>
>>57250484

It means when you do something in a document on the screen what you're visualizing is what the real world item - a typical A4 piece of paper, for example, at 8.5" x 11" - will be and not just look like.

It's a WYSIWYG monitor with 1:1 visual to reality scaling.
>>
>>57250248
It's the 'Stein universe isn't it?

I tell you things have got extremely weird the last two years. Really weird.
>>
>>57251024
Every artist basically has to have a Cintiq anyways. The Surface garbage from Microsoft isn't even remotely close to as good as a Cintiq.
>>
>>57251107
It's easy when you look at it. Microsoft has dropped the ball a share of times, but so has Apple. The difference is common users are more forgiving of Microsoft dropping the ball because they expect it and don't really care when they're buying 250$ throwaway PCs that they plan to replace within two years.

But then people see Apple fumbling with boring or outright bad choices, they see hardware struggling with software updates because no one wants to give up the computer they paid $2k for eight years ago. They see these disappointing meme machines and think, "Well, I can just get this from Microsoft."

Microsoft sees this and they decide to try and address the new gap it's created. Which will probably have moderate success, I don't think the new Studio will see any raving success but if it frames itself right then Microsoft will be the company thought of as the go to for arts while Apple continues to lose market share.
>>
>>57249173
Isn't this just history repeating itself...
Before MS made the stuff for professionals and apple was marketed for homes.

Someone correct me
>>
>>57251180
Have you ever actually used a cintiq? Their display technology is always about 10 years behind the curve. Their current top of the line model has a 1440p display.
>>
>>57249173
>Microsoft is no longer lead by a salesman that exclusively shills to business and IT departments instead of consumers (Ballmer, not Gates), and now has to actually attempt to capture back some of the consumer market after being known for selling shit for years
>Apple is longer lead by a designer that gave a shit about build quality and is instead forced to build IT support products now that their machines are being used by businesses as the new IBM laptop of the decade
WE LATE 90s AGAIN
>>
>>57251107
What is this Stein universe of which you speak?
>>
>>57251407
Look up quantum suicide famm
>>
>>57249173
>high end

You can get a 27" iMac with a higher-res screen and a stronger GPU than their top-of-the-line $4200 model for $2550. Reminder that iMac's screen is also full sRGB and DCI-P compliant.

>You're LITERALLY paying $1650 more for multitouch

And that's against the currently-outdated-but-not-price-adjusted iMac. This thing is a massive ripoff.
>>
>>57251085
MICROSOFT DOES IT AGAIN
>>
>>57251332

He's talking about the actual tech for drawing. Surface Pro has 1/4th the amount of pressure levels and is generally higher-latency than a Cintiq.
>>
>>57251387

This. For his many faults, Jobs was an insane perfectionist and marketing genius who prioritized build quality and customer experience over everything else because he knew what built consumer loyalty, including his own image.

Tim Cook is leading a parody of what Apple once was, making products and changes no one wants in a desperate attempt to be "innovative" while constantly alienating the consumers who are not brand loyalists.
>>
not even shilling I would love to have this machine at work
>>
>>57251544
pressure levels are a meme and doesn't matter for anything below 256 px lines
>>
Great Microsoft, just great. Now focus on the audio industry instead of your 'wait, people make music in windows?' Attitude
>>
File: 1446385301248.png (580KB, 1199x928px) Image search: [Google]
1446385301248.png
580KB, 1199x928px
>>57251594
>>
>>57251814
What is your point?
There are tonnes of equipment and applications available.
>>
>>57249173
The universe in which /g/ is nothing but a board for consumerist trash.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.