[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. Any of you, arch users, use another (NTFS) partition to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Hello. Any of you, arch users, use another (NTFS) partition to store files that you can access from another OS? (I do it with windows)

- Three partitions in total: windows, arch and a NTFS partition with files.

I've just installed arch and mounted that partition to /mnt, and I noticed that I hadn't the privileges.
I've done "sudo chown -R myname /mnt/HDD" and I can explore the folders but I can't alter the files. Do you know how to solve this? How do you use a mutual partition to store files with a linux os and windows?
>>
>>57247371
I've got the exact same issue, someone?
>>
i don't really get it, i thought arch was a distro for "advanced users" but i always see beginners knowing nothing about linux using it.
can someone explaint that phenomenon to me ?
>>
>>57247397
It's wierd because in ubuntu this was so easy, I didn't even have to mount the disk, it was just there on some "/" folder
>>
>>57247418
Come on man.. I just want to learn, I'm willing to try and struggle
>>
>>57247418
He probably used some sort of gui installer.
There is a reason we don't like them
>>
>>57247371
You're probably mounted as read-only.
Use ntfs-3g to mount.
>>
>>57247440
>I'm willing to try and struggle
how about you just google how to mount ntfs partitions on linux ? pretty sure somewhere within the first 3 results you'll find the answer
>>
>>57247443
>There is a reason we don't like them
Because anyone can install your tryhard distro?
>>
OP's picture is By Keith Roper (Flickr: Great Mosque Colonnade 1) [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Arches_and_columns,_Great_Mosque_of_Kairouan.jpg
Was that so hard? Don't pirate freedoms-respecting images, please.
>>
>>57247443
I installed with the iso from the arch website.
Why is this community so snobbish?
>>57247449
Thank you so much! I'm looking into it
>>
On the off chance that this isn't bait.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NTFS-3G
>>
>>57247496
Because go read the wiki like the rest of us did
>>
>>57247510
Every day I do, it's really useful.
That's the reason I chose this OS to be honest. From the ones I've tried this has the best documentation online.
>>
>>57247371
mount -t ntfs3g /dev/sda2 /mnt/data -ouid=1000,gid=1000,rw
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.