[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to learn a computer language just by copy-pasting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1454324198746.webm (588KB, 592x644px) Image search: [Google]
1454324198746.webm
588KB, 592x644px
Is it possible to learn a computer language just by copy-pasting other people code? No books, no references, just stack-exchange, [spoiler]reddit[/spoiler] and blogs.
>>
>>57245042
Is it possible to post anime on the board made for it?

Is it possible to ask questions in the thread dedicated to questions?
>>
>>57245065

>complaining about anime
>complaining about people not using generals
>>
>>57245042
no
>>
No, the closest you can get is frankensteining together code written by a single person in a single language.

You still need to properly direct the outputs of your system even then though.

Here's what you do if you wanna be a real faggot tho, learn about 4 days worth of an easy language, then go find quality code written in that language and just strap whole code sections together, pasted together by your minimalist knowledge until something useful happens.

Then go back and comment out huge swaths of code and test it, try your best to strip it as base as possible with the result you want still coming out.

There, you've basically replicated real life natural selection.
>>
>>57245042
As far as I can tell you want to avoid reading anything particularly verbose or heavy like books or complex documentation.

If that's the case then yes, you can learn a language that way, I taught myself to program in basically the same manner when I was 13, just using simple online tutorials, usually a different one for each thing I was trying to do, and Stack Exchange.

Couple things to note though:

1. I was shit for years. When you learn that way it's very difficult to get a good idea of the kind of things you can do. A book or a course will walk you through all of the features and techniques available to you, this approach won't. For example, when I moved from Python to C++, I didn't know C++ had these things called references and the const specifier that make your code way more efficient and clear, and I wrote really crappy junk for months until I found out.

2. If you want to use more complex libraries, you will eventually need to read ugly documentation. Or at least be able to skim it. Though by this stage you'll hopefully understand enough that the documentation won't seem so impenetrable.

3. This will only teach you how to program. If you learn C in this manner for example, you'll probably end up able to write C code that technically works, but to understand C from an efficiency perspective you really need to understand the underlying assembly that you're generating and that's not something you'll get this way, you'll only find that in a course or a book.
>>
>>57245042
Is it possible to write a book just by copy-pasting phrase from other books?

>Yes
>>
indians thrive this way
you'll be fine
>>
>>57245042
That's how I got through my programming course
>>
>>57245042
thats how i learned!
>>
>>57245042
Dumb anime poster
>>
>>57247948
Dumb non-autistic stupid idiot.
>>
Tjenare Alex.
>>
>>57245042

Thank you for reminding me to go and play love live, I would have forgot otherwise.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.