[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To the people who have tons of music on their phone/mp3-player/other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

To the people who have tons of music on their phone/mp3-player/other portable devices with limited storage (compared to a computer), what format are your songs in?

I'm split between ogg and aac. MP3 V0 seems good, too.
>>
FLAC. I just manually copy over some new albums, listen to them until I'm sick of them, then get some new albums.

I'm not sure I could fit my library on my phone even if I did reencode everything.
>>
OGGs, MP3s if I can't find a FLAC source.
>>
>>57242825
STREAM STREAM STREAM
>>
I listen to flac on my pc but i convert it with OGG Vorbis aoTuV (Aoyumi's Tuned Vorbis) using dbpoweramp with a quality level of .5 for my phone.
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Recommended_Ogg_Vorbis

Opus is good but the soundstage feels oddly warped for fast detailed music at the same bitrate.(i did an abx)
>>
>>57243102
I have to admit, streaming platforms are pretty good for discovering new artists, and decent playlists, but I wouldn't stream on my phone - I don't even have mobile data for fuck's sake. I don't want to cache tracks, I want to have them at arm's length.

To answer the question, I use OGG as well.
>>
AoTuV OGG at 112Kbps VBR was what I used while waiting for a bigger card for my Clip Zip, it sounded fine, but the battery life took a huge dive compared to V6 MP3
>>
>>57243144
Wait, why would your battery life decline? Does that device not support .ogg natively or something? Would that happen on a phone?
>>
>>57243160
Don't know but if he was using rockbox then it's because ogg codec isn't as hyperoptimized as mp3.
>>
File: 2016-10-26 09_30_53-MusicBee.png (79KB, 286x163px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-26 09_30_53-MusicBee.png
79KB, 286x163px
>>57242858
How many GB is it right now?

I'm still waiting for Christmas or new year so everything on whatcd becomes freeleech. I currently have 202 GB of which about 1/3 is FLAC, 1/3 is mp3 320 and the rest is something else but at least above 192kpbs

>pic related
>>
File: lucio.png (139KB, 1796x900px) Image search: [Google]
lucio.png
139KB, 1796x900px
MP3 V0. It's what's on What so it's easiest to just download and go.

Better question, what's /g/ listen to on the go?
>>
Just about everything's better quality than MP3 but then again MP3's better-supported than just about everything

I suspect if it does AAC then you'd be best to use that if you're worried about battery life and want a decent chance of it being hardware accelerated or some shit like that

Otherwise pick whatever works nicely
>>
V0 or 320 CBR. But I stream all those to my phone.
>>
If possible I'll download albums in 320 or v0 MP3, the quality is fine and I don't have the space to store thousands of albums in FLAC.
>>
>>57243314
>Little People
>Andy Stott
>Jamie xx
>Daft Punk
>Sonnymoon
>Astralia
>Bing Satellites
>CiempiƩs
>KOHH
>toe
>Macross 82-99
>Taylor Swift
>Empire of the Sun
>Justice
>Kanye West
>Yndi Halda
>GYBE

That's pretty much what I listen to outdoors. I prefer calmer songs when I'm home, though. Cafe de Touhou, Pink Floyd, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Massive Attack, Thievery Corporation, Aphex Twin, that kinda stuff.
>>
>>57243406
Oh, and Tim Hecker in the home category.
>>
>>57243406

>Yndi Halda

Did you like Under Summer? I'm still on the fence about it. EEB was one of my first exposures to post-rock though so it's tough to follow up anyway.
>>
>>57243454

Depends folder to folder.
>>
File: Capture.png (50KB, 996x700px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
50KB, 996x700px
>>57243277
>>57243314
ok since we're showing off libraries here I'll go too

I have to say I'm jealous though

>>57243314
Do you only have a few albums or their entire discography?
>>
>>57243462
Oh I see

all FLAC?
how many GB?
>>
>>57243477

MP3 V0 like I said in my post. My microsd card has 68 GB of music, full library has about 931.
>>
>>57243467
You're not "showing off" anything by posting the most normie tier artists/bands ever lol
>>
>>57243484
Go back to /mu/ pls or to this retarded thread >>57243296
>>
If I have my music in FLAC, I convert it to opus. If my portable doesn't support it, then ogg. If it's already in a lossy format I don't transcode it.
>>
File: botnet.jpg (24KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
botnet.jpg
24KB, 320x238px
>>57243406
>bing satellites
>>
>>57243482
>like I said in my post
Yeah I thought that was only on your music player

>931 GB of V0
holy shit nice collection m8
>>
>>57243426
Yeah, actually. It's a nice follow-up to Eternal Bliss - the sound is different, but it's still 'Yndi Halda'.
Helena is the best damn part of the album - it's the most calming shit I've ever heard.
The second half of the album redeems the lackluster first, to be honest.
>>
>>57243538
I'm ESL, by the way. Sorry that this reads a bit weird.
>>
>>57243538

Maybe I need to give it another listen, I listened to it twice and didn't really like it so much. I don't really like his vocals too much may be the main reason, and they're way more prominent than EEB.
>>
>tfw still using CD-RW in the car
>limited to 90 minutes
>>
>>57243617

FM transmitter? Aux cord? Cassette to aux? Anything? Poor man.
>>
>>57243649
when u can just start the car and the music plays i left it as it is. it does have an aux in port and i have a cord in the glove box but dont want to plug my phone every time.

is there a 200 minute CD-RW out there or something?
>>
>>57243685
Check and see if your car stereo supports MP3 or AAC playback, a lot of them do if they were made around 2006 or later, and I have a handful of CD's from high school that are still kicking as backup music CD's with hundreds of ancient songs
>>
File: file.png (212KB, 1013x820px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
212KB, 1013x820px
>>57243710
shit i might me give it a go, pic is straight from the manual
>>
>>57243277
~550GB. I try to use FLAC where ever I can so who knows, maybe you could compress it down. I don't see managing that being much fun though.
>>
opus @ 96k downgraded from higher bit sound
>>
>>57242825
I don't re-encode so whatever format I downloaded the music in. Mostly FLAC or mp3 @ 320. Anything I rip myself is also FLAC. I do have one album in fucking APE though. I can't fit my entire library on my sd card but I only have to exclude a few folders.
>>
File: bane.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
>>57242825
CRASHING THIS PLANE
>>
>>57244186
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
>>57242825
Opus 128kbps vbr because mp3 is bloated shit and lossless on a phone is just stupid.

I do archive the flacs on my computer though.
>>
>>57242825
Everything is in FLAC, except for some really old stuff that was only distributed in MP3.
>>
>>57242825
MP3 is an ancient shit format, there's no reason to use it unless you're using some ancient hardware player.
>>
File: sexual predator.webm (819KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
sexual predator.webm
819KB, 720x405px
>>57242825
>what format are your songs in?
I listen to ASMR, so I download it from yourube and convert it to MP3, the defualt option is 5 so does that makes it MP3 V5?
Anyway it still give me tingles.
>>
>>57250265
What's your image search say?
Wait got it right for me.
>>
>>57248219
Picked up!
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.