[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were were you when Apple died? http://www.theverge.com/2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: apple.png (2MB, 2105x1434px) Image search: [Google]
apple.png
2MB, 2105x1434px
Were were you when Apple died?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/25/13410020/apple-annual-revenue-decline-first-2001
>>
>>57242357
>apple shits on consumers by killing the aux port
"whaaa, why aren't my minions eating this shit up?"
>>
>>57242357
>Apple dead
Far from it, although it's nice to see a decline, hopefully they will be more innovative now that they know they can actually loose their market. Although I doubt they will be innovative in any way.
>>
They told us this was expected months ago.
They made a subpar phone and "wouldn't tell the sales numbers" meaning they knew they had to take a hit.
They did so that their next phone could get an even greater upswing when they introduce the all glass phone that is possible without the jack.
This one was just to ease people into the idea of not having a jack.
>>
>>57242357
Is it me or they disabled comments in this particular article?
>>
>$217,000,000,000 billion dollars in revenue
>dead

AHAHAHAHA
>>
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/25/apple-watch-shipments-plunge-71-percent-as-smartwatch-market-tanks-research.html

F A I L U R E
A
I
L
U
R
E
>>
>>57242406
>217 billion billion
>>
File: chinky.png (196KB, 413x434px) Image search: [Google]
chinky.png
196KB, 413x434px
>company X makes 2% less money than it did last year
>OMG COMPANY X IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT THE DREAM IS OVER!!!!

Why do people do this?
They really can't expect a company to grow infinitely, right?
>>
>>57242500
If you're a good company you should continue to grow as long as you don't have 100% market share.
>>
>>57242406
>and they're just sitting on a great deal of it

if we executed every apple exec and evenly distributed all of the company's fortunes in addition to their personal assets amongst a select group of unassociated US citizens, would the economy improve?
>>
>>57242542
No, because nobody would have faith in the USD anymore once they know the government can just take all your money away. It would plummet because it's not backed by anything.
>>
>>57242580
>because nobody would have faith in the USD anymore once they know the government can just take all your money away

But this already happens.
Just try making regular deposits of $9,999 to your bank account and see what happens.
>>
>>57242538
>If you're a good company you should continue to grow as long as you don't have 100% market share.

This is the attitude that's killing the western world; it's poison. There's nothing wrong with a stable business and stable revenue whose employees can live comfortably; you don't need to be the next Google, Apple, Carnegie Steel or Rockefeller Oil. Companies (and economies) don't need to (and logically can't) grow infinitely. Policies and practices based on the assumption or goal of limitless growth will inevitably fail. The resulting large imbalances / concentrations of wealth from the few successes create their own host of problems as well.

To be clear: there's nothing intrinsically wrong with success or large growth, just know that you reap what you sow at the edge cases.
>>
>>57242595
Not American, but fascinated.

What happens?
>>
>>57243026
IRS autofreezes your account and thinks you're trying to launder money because all deposits over $10,000 have to be reported to the federal government.
Purposefully skirting this law is grounds to get your funds frozen.
>>
>>57243064
What a country.
>>
>>57242652
I think it's a bit simpler than that. If you're a good company, you should be growing at least at the rate of inflation. Even a stable company will keep its prices up to date. A completely stagnant company wouldn't be able to pay its workers the same real wage from year to year.
>>
>>57243073
That's why you launder your money kids
>>
>>57242652
Unfortuanely untrue, or at least flawed, especially in the technology sector because it moves so quickly. Even if youre first to market with the hot new item if someone else comes in with a better/cheaper/better marketed version that catches pn better than yours, it could lead to a massive failure for your company.
Check out some of lazy game reviews' tech tales videos. Theyre really neat and give great examples of what im talking about.
>>
>>57242390
>they knew it wasn't doing well

which begs the question, will they scrap their normal release schedules putting a new one out in March or will they keep on selling it till they launch a new one
>>
died?
I can't see any decline in their stocks.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.