[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make an innovative q&a platform where ordinary people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: webp.jpg (13KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
webp.jpg
13KB, 470x313px
>make an innovative q&a platform where ordinary people can interact with professionals
>have it overrun by pajeets

What went wrong?
>>
>>57240447
>have it overrun by pajeets
Just like every internet site
>>
>>57240447
is that adam lanza?
>>
>>57240447
>an innovative q&a platform
yahoo answers?
>>
Pajeet is many
>>
File: 1314222449444.png (240KB, 335x478px) Image search: [Google]
1314222449444.png
240KB, 335x478px
why are there so many indians in tech? Were are the other minorities?
>>
>>57240647
Kek, wrong Adam
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quora
>>
>>57240447
It's a social network for Silicon Valley programmers and Wall Street bankers, two jobs that appeal highly to the average Pajeet.
>>
And pajeets were later followed by swarms of normies and tards, while the site made no effort to control the quality of posts
>>
>>57240877
Despite what people say we are all different and some people are more interested and able to do certain things than others. Indians must either have an innate or cultural reason for being interested in technical things. If I had to take a guess I'd wager it has something to do with the resources being viable to them while also being a better yet still viable option given their situation. I don't know.
>>
It would be so easy to tag each post with the location it was made. Then divide the site into regions so I never have to hear about IIT ever again.
>>
>>57240663
Interesting point
Why is Yahoo Answers not overrun by pajeets?
Quora and Stack Overflow are.
>>
Is this the site for smart people?
>>
File: 1418505327294.jpg (232KB, 947x719px) Image search: [Google]
1418505327294.jpg
232KB, 947x719px
Whenever I pull up quora I see stuff like,

>I have an IQ of 250. What does this mean?
>I just graduated with a PhD from Stanford and received job offers from Google and Amazon, which should I choose?
>I am a SDE III at SV company X and was offered a position as a SDE II at company Y, why?
>>
>>57240447
Quora thought they could get more users by paying experts with fancy Ivy League professorships, etc. to answer questions on their platform.

On paper, it's similar to Twitter initially paying celebrities to join so that celeb worshippers would join en masse to tweet at their favorite celebs.

But Quora didn't count on is that there are specific types of people who are super-impressed by academic credentials, and they are overwhelmingly Pajeets since Indian culture pathologically values titles and are extremely status-obsessed.

So, it's become overrun with 16 to 26 years old Pajeets asking serious sounding questions to experts with high academic title as some sort of "notice me senpai" ritual.
>>
>>57240975
>Indians must either have an innate or cultural reason for being interested in technical things

They were cheap and spoke English significantly better (though still poorly) than other sources of cheap labor.

This made them ideal for offloading support processes.

Thus you get the rise of giant companies centered around IT support like Infosys.

Add in offshoring for cheap tech labor in general and you get a nation of call centers where it is an honorable well paying profession for the average person to scam them damn rich american grandmothers.
>>
>>57240975
Knowing tech skills is basically a golden ticket to not living in squalor in India. I'd do it too if I was a pajeet.
>>
>>57240552
except for 4chan, for some weird reason.

We have a wooping 2% of indians in /g/, in other boards they are probably even less.
>>
>>57241327
They learned that /g/ isn't a designated shitting street.
>>
>>57241206
But that applies to people from any other 3rd world country
Where are the nigerians in tech?
>>
>>57241671
Too busy trying to scam your grandma out of her money.
>>
>>57240877
Because being a tech professional to them is the prestige of being a doctor or lawyer to an immigrant 40 years ago.

Many companies are flooding India with infrastructure to work in and study technology and it's pretty much all they have besides pharmaceuticals. In the next few decades we'll see India become the new China of manufacturing technology.

They flood quora and stack exchange because any business or school endorses them as learning platforms and its pretty much the LinkedIn of pooloo
>>
>>57241169
Wait you can get paid for answering questions? Where do I sign up?
>>
File: rush.jpg (108KB, 854x416px) Image search: [Google]
rush.jpg
108KB, 854x416px
""""""experts"""""
>>
meh it's not too bad although i'm tired of seeing the same furfag over and over
>>
>>57241923
Only if you're a famous person.
>>
>>57240877
There are many Indians and a relatively small percentage of them pursue tech as a career.
>>
>>57241068
yahoo is full of teens and retards
no room for pajeets
>>
>>57241946
Is this a real thing?
>>
>>57242111
He is 100% real and frequently posts dating advice for young people
>>
i used quora a lot right up until they introduced credits because it seemed like an uninspired solution for a pernicious problem on many sites, and coming from a bunch of people who were supposed to be really smart no less.

quora got overrun by pajeets for the same reason that lots of other sites get overrun by pajeets - they think that posting helpful shit on these sites (quora, stack overflow, etc...) will spark a white guy's attention somehow.

the thinking seems to go something like "if i post good answers, someone will notice me and pick me for a job in the US".

i've gotten contacted by pajeets on quora, linkedin, etc... asking if i can give them a job and pointing to their post history as evidence that they know their shit. it's absolutely surreal. they seem to have misunderstood shit at like half a dozen levels (for one thing, i'm a phd student, so the only people i can "hire" are undergrads; for another, i'm not impressed by anything anyone does on quora, linkedin, or stackoverflow.)
>>
File: 1456640483090.jpg (60KB, 960x946px) Image search: [Google]
1456640483090.jpg
60KB, 960x946px
>>57241946
>most viewed writer:
>yeast infections
>yeast
>>
File: 1451584708061.jpg (144KB, 847x868px) Image search: [Google]
1451584708061.jpg
144KB, 847x868px
>>57241872
>tfw latino
>tfw more reasons to hate indians
>>
>>57242135

What is his endgame? Is he jewish?
>>
I used to like it, but it's full of fedora-tier people and pajeets.
>>
>>57241327
we did it guys
poo in the loo
>>
>>57242228
I've seen the question asked ob Quora: what would you tell yourself in your 20's.

I'd tell myself, that a vast majority of your insecurities do not matter. The people that get close to you like you and you should really go outside.

I didn't actually write a response in the thread. I'm 24.

This guy likely feels similar and he's in his 60's. Playing with thought dating thought experiments is his way of vicariously going back to his 20's
>>
>>57240975
Because Indians are poor brown white people. White people run tech, so they're included to. The fact that there's a fucking billion of them is why you see so many.
>>
>>57241068
>>57242073
all of the yahoo comments pictures look so smug
>>
Indian living in India here, I don't work in tech but I'll try to give my opinions.

>>57240447
Indians in the young adult range specifically are heavily insecure because of parental pressure to go to a good university and get a good job to get good money afterwards.

They're even more insecure if they didn't get into IIT (think of it as the equivalent to Harvard or rather MIT/Stanford).
>>57240552
>>57241327
The biggest ISP here is rangebanned. Not sure why, it only came into effect after hiroshimoot came into power.
>>57240975
It's relatively easy to learn because the structuring of the school system teaches us to think that way.
>>57240877
Computer Science is where the money is at, apparently.

As an afterthought its probably more of social status to go to America. Indians are much more social than westerners so that's another reason why they don't go into 4chan.

I have seen some people that decided not to go to America because they're fluent enough in American culture to realize that it doesn't fit them.

Sorry for the blog post.

t. Pajeet
>>
>>57242518
Take a photo of your toilet
>>
>>57241671
>Where are the nigerians in tech?

Working in Nigeria. They don't care about helping people unless they get paid.
>>
File: oopsie.png (37KB, 687x461px) Image search: [Google]
oopsie.png
37KB, 687x461px
>>57241946
what a mad man
>>
>>57240975
Indians are the original whites, so their autism is more powerful

Indian society makes white society look like a happy informal african kumbaya get-together with stronger alcohol.

unfortunately, autism actually causes a decrease in average programming ability. see: japan.
>>
File: india-street.jpg (37KB, 425x284px) Image search: [Google]
india-street.jpg
37KB, 425x284px
>>57242537
>>
>>57242137
> i'm not impressed by anything anyone does on quora, linkedin, or stackoverflow

I'd care if my company was using some obscure technology that India hasn't gotten around to yet. For example, if I needed a haskell or D programmer, if I found somebody on Stackoverflow with a million badges answering questions about that language, I'd be fucking impressed and see if I could hire him.
>>
>>57240447 quora sucks. its mods suck. brits and americans have ruined the platform
>>
File: IMG_0008.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>57241161
Literally this. All I see on it are people stroking their own egos.

Case in point, I went to the last Seattle Quora meetup ever in October 2014. The highlight of the time there was this guy who had apparently wrote a shit ton of comments on Quora and had a "top contributer" fleece jacket because of it. On top of that, literally everyone else in the group besides that guy and myself were University of Washington students. As soon as the "top kekker" left, we all quickly realized what the meetup had become and quickly realized that no one in the group really posted on Quora anymroe. Therefore, we discontinued the meetup.

I did get a free t-shirt out of it and some good conversation over a good dinner at the U Village RAM restaurant, so it wasn't all bad. Just know that Quora is one of those sites that people use to get people to suck their e-dicks.

Pic related, my t-shirt from the October 2014 Seattle Quora Meetup.
>>
>>57242137
>i'm not impressed by anything anyone does on quora, linkedin, or stackoverflow
What about GitHub contributions? A lot of US schools are pushing those.
>>
>>57240877
Indians are aryans you faggot.
>>
>>57241161
Here is the thing, most social medical is about getting people's epeens stroked. That is why I love 4chan so much because it isn't the case here or at least as much as the other social media sties.

>instagram
look at the food I am about to eat #foodie

>jewbook
look what I just bought or who I am dating

>twitter
omg I love *insert famous person* or here is my stupid opinion

>google plus
x is the best app ever because they gave me free shit and that is the only reason I have this fucking thing

>tumblr
look how triggered i am

>skype
bawalalala here is how my day went why don't you care?

>irc
look at how into x I am into.

Fuck, I love the fact the more retarded people are the more they post on social media too. That is why dindus and other retards post so fucking much because they have so little to do with their lives. The reason why I think why /g/ is cool to post on is i feel like I am helping people here and can discus a wide range of topics without it becoming a circle jerk like an irc channel.
>>
you made the mistake of not burning all the english books headed for india
>>
>>57243563
>wide range of topics
As in "apple sucks", battlestations and "what gpu is best" threads? Add daily programmer and there you have it: /g/
>>
>>57242518
>biggest isp is rangebanned here
god bless hiro
now we need to rangeban australians next
>>
>>57240447
>not filtering out india
he asked for it
>>
>>57243893
you forgot the fembois in tight highs
>>
>>57241946
>Making getting with girls a math problem
lol fag
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.