[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point applying to these companies if you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: Google-Apple-Facebook-Amazon[1].jpg (54KB, 908x286px) Image search: [Google]
Google-Apple-Facebook-Amazon[1].jpg
54KB, 908x286px
Is there any point applying to these companies if you're a brainlet?
>>
No, they won't hire you.
They have top quality talent scrubbing toilets because there can only be so many people working as developers in a tech company.
>>
>>57240331
No engineer has more passion and quality for scrubbing toilets than I do.
>>
>>57240331
I have an IQ of 120 and im pretty shitty at maths. Also have ADD.

Could i get a job scrubbing the toilets there too?
>>
>>57240514
Why would you want to work in a shithole?
He already called us dumbfucks.
>>
>>57240646
probably pays good. And you get to say you work at like Apple or Google or whatever, Could be a good pickup line. You could tell girls how genious you are. Tell them you single handedly invented the iphone.
>>
>>57240305
>brainlet trying to apply to silicon valley

believe it or not, its easier and more fun to just codemonkey in a flyover town
>actually own land
>no 2hr commute to work
>no stack ranking
>don't actually have to do much coding at all, just yell at pajeets over email
>actual free time to code personal projects
>those same projects don't become property of your employer
>>
>>57240707
I can almost guarantee you've never had sex.
Also, you're a dumb fuck.

Why is this thread even on /g/.
>>
>>57240752
That's not very nice. You kinda hurt my feelings.
>>
>>57240305
Ive been to two apple interviews a few years apart, ones just out of high school and the other just after I graduated from uni making it about 4-5 years in between each interview.

I cbf really going into much detail about what goes on in the interviews but they were both essentially the same thing both times.

Both were group based interviews in the same conference room of the same hotel of the city that I live in, all up including myself there was about 15-20 people also applying for the same 1-3 positions in whatever 3 stores that are in my city.

As much as they claim to want people who are individuals and people who "are them selves" and as much as they want diversity it became quite clear to me both times that all they were really after were "yes men"; the kinds of people who think a company like apple can do no wrong and thers nothing really wrong with that and I understand the environment they are wanting to create inside thier stores but when I comes down to being someone with the credentials and the intimate knowledge of technology being overcast by some bubbly overly exited basic knowledge applicant it really makes me wonder why anyone (on here) would even want to consider working for a place like that other than to just put something nice and impressive looking to normies on thier cv
>>
>>57240778
>apple store
We're talking about actual jobs here, anon.
>>
>>57240778
They also went into weird stuff like where they get the wood and materials for the tables in their stores that they sit all (what they call) the hero products. There was a weird section mid interview where they just spend about 15-20 mins talking about how great the innovative materials they used in the construction of their stores around the world, from the tables to the architecture to the apparent ground breaking glass technology they used as the facade of one of their curved entrances to one of their stores (I forget where). They place some really strange emphasis on really irrelevant things during these interviews

>>57240810
I know, im just giving my two cents. But if you seriously think that working in r&d or system design/dev and architecture at apple you will want to blow your brains out
>>
>>57240847
This is the weedout stage.
If you feel uncomfortable in a cult-like setting, you won't fit in with apple's sales department.
>>
>>57240893
>cult-like setting

you can fucking say that again. It actually felt like I was attending one of those Scientology introductory/open to the public sessions.

I left both times feeling really weird
>>
>>57240744
b-but muh prestige :(

It's the same concept for why high schoolers want to apply to Ivy League schools.
>>
>>57240744
Are there companies that hire plebs (obviously not total pajeets but just not google caliber) in SV?
>>
>>57240707
Pays good. Enjoy buying that 2 million house, paying 40% in taxes, very high cost of living silicon valley. Tech company's will wise up and move out eventually. Fuck cali.
>>
>>57241083
All the smart people work remotely if their job allows it. Get that silicon valley paycheck while living in cousinfuck nowhere and flying out once a month or so to do meetings.
>>
How many employees do these companies have?
How many SUCCESSFUL products do they have?
How much growth do you see for these companies?

Once someone who realizes what the fuck is going on at these companies (that they are hiring tens of thousands of people to jerk off every day) there are going to be massive cuts.
>>
>>57240305
One of those companies expressed great interest in me. I've avoided following up with them because I'm scared.
>>
>>57241187
Do it just to see how ridiculous that shit is. Don't worry you'll never get the job so don't even worry about it. And if you do get it you can live a lie for the next 5 years and rack up that paper.
>>
>>57240305
Much like Ivy League schools, you can get in via a """diversity hire"""
>>
>>57241213
I'm going to spend a week studying for the interview before I follow up with them. I won't follow up with them unless I'm confident I have a chance to pass their interviews. I feel like as soon as I follow up they'll want to interview me.
>>
>>57240305
Google and facebook are for ivy leaguers. You can also try to get drunk with a recruiter in SF and get an interview (I know several people that did this)

Apple, Amazon and Microsoft are easier but also shittier places.

Ebay, Oracle and basically all the other fortune 500 names are pajeet only.
>>
>>57241083
Fucking this
>>
>>57240305
If you're a nigger, particularly a female nigger, they'll almost certainly hire you for something just to fill a quota.
>>
>>57241636
Fucking this
>>
>>57240305
Well don't know about Apple, Facebook and Amazon but I can guarantee you won't get a job a Google.
>>
Like 200,000 people total work as programmers for those 4 companies. It's not some super secret exclusive club.
>>
>>57241960
Then why aren't you working at one of those companies, anon?
>>
>>57241636
>be black
>be female
>study "marketing"
>never, ever be out of a job
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi0IOqzJs8g
>>
>>57241973
I am.
>>
>>57240707
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w00Fv6rxx4Y
>>
>>57241960
>millions of applications per year
>something like 0.2% acceptance rate
>not exclusive
>>
>>57241993
Post ID card
>>
>>57242008
Why? It's just a picture of me and my name.
>>
>>57240514

IQ means nothing if you're shit at maths theres no point in hiring you especially since youre mentally challanged and cant sit still enough to learn the maths
>>
>>57242030
it's proof that you're employed with said company
you can block out the sensitive stuff but post timestamp and the text "sissies get kissies".
>>
>>57242005
That would mean that they only hire 2000 people per year, which obviously isn't true considering it would have taken 100 years for those companies to get to their current headcount

>>57242044
How is a generic ID card with only a name and picture proof of employment? Literally anyone can go print one of those out.
>>
>>57241636

what about attack helicopters?
>>
>>57240305
It's not that hard to work for these if you're an engineer in California school, I'm probably gonna end up at Apple, have a bunch of friends there
>>
>>57241982
what am i watching? she did nothing impressive and the crowd wasn't even into it.
>>
>>57240778
>I cbf really going into much detail about what goes on in the interviews but they were both essentially the same thing both times.
>literally fucking anonymous

Whoo boy, you're a special kind of dumb if you think they can find out you violated their non-disclosure agreement on 4chan.
>>
File: IMG_3985.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3985.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Not the anon that was asked to show ID but here's a real badge.

If you want to work for a good company you can't beat it. Most of you won't get past hiring they way you behave. The few that know their shit and aren't trolls would have an easy time.
>>
>>57242136
no degree because dropped out, so guess I'm screwed then. only have android dev stuff on muh resume
>>
>>57242300
It's tough but they weigh results more than on paper experience. Get your foot in the door somehow and work you ass off.
>>
>>57240744

This anon gets it. The most you should even consider doing in SV is 2 years, during which you can work for whatever brainless startup is willing to hire you (there are dozens), and then 2 years later you can move to anywhere else you want, get a job easy because of your SV experience, and actually have a decent quality of life while living out the accurate description in anon's post.
>>
File: 1477446780824.jpg (28KB, 935x286px) Image search: [Google]
1477446780824.jpg
28KB, 935x286px
i posted it again
>>
>>57241165
These companies are all actually doing very profitable stuff lmao. Amazon is literally taking over the retail business while also creating an entire industry in cloud computing. Apple makes a shit ton of actual products that people buy.
>>
>not just hopping from startup to startup
>>
Possible to get a decent job in SV with a shit GPA? BS in Electrical Eng, 1 year work experience in networking at a large telecom.

I could live there free at parents house, would rather save some money than work elsewhere. But hoping some company with more money than sense will hire me.
>>
>>57241982
That was fucking awful.
>Imma gonna play dis 'ere hiphop and you're gonna like it white boi's
>>
>>57242336
that and you will have the money and low stress to do whatever you want and make a name for yourself rather than being a cog in some gigantic tech company
>>
>>57240305
i interned at apple last summer and will be interning at google this coming summer.

nothing to lose by applying.
>>
>>57242956
How was the inteview at google? Im also gonna apply, any tips?
>>
File: GFY.png (111KB, 1046x406px) Image search: [Google]
GFY.png
111KB, 1046x406px
Here, let me spell it out for you.

>inb4 you'll shit bricks when you see it
>>
File: 1465760873059.jpg (162KB, 1013x840px) Image search: [Google]
1465760873059.jpg
162KB, 1013x840px
>>57241636
but what about m-muh white privilege?
>>
>>57240305
no
>>
>>57243254

Go Fuck Yourself
>>
>>57240707
> Tell them you single handedly invented the iphone.
By scrubbing toilets... Actually that might be rather close to the truth
>>
>>57240305
If moot could, you can.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.