[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, im pretty new to pc gaming and this is actually my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: custom-pc (1).png (313KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
custom-pc (1).png
313KB, 700x300px
Hey /g/, im pretty new to pc gaming and this is actually my first pc build so i was hoping for some ratings.
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AdamC_Rockz/saved/#view=FCRsYJ
>>
get the 1070
You won't need a 1080 for anything really, the 1070 is enough for 1440p and the 1080 is NOT good enough for 4K
A 1080 is just extra money for nothing
If you want 4K get a 1080ti later
>>
>>57234881
I had a big issue choosing between a 1080p 144 hz monitor or a 1440p 60 hz. You can see what i went with but i still am questioning that with having the gtx 1070
>>
>>57234958
As someone with both a 1440p 60hz monitor and a 1080p 144hz monitor, unless you play CSGO at a competitive level, you don't need 144hz.
Sure, it's nice to have and I prefer to play most games on it, but the extra desktop space of 1440p and the MUCH better colors of an IPS panel make me suggest you get the 1440p monitor...
>>
>>57235139
Would you have the same preference even if both were TN models?
>>
>>57235194
Probably not.
I have an ASUS PB258Q. Same panel as the Dell U2515H, for reference.
I genuinely think they're the best monitors you can buy.
2560x1440, tons of room to work with
100% sRGB coverage
Almost nonexistent bezels
Good 24" size, perfect ppi count. Not like 4k where you need to mess with scaling, but still let's you read a crazy amount of text on one page
There are so many reasons to go with a higher res monitor, especially with cards like those that can handle one without issue
>>
>>57235300
Not that guy, but what monitor would you recommend for a budget of 220$? Should I save up more? t.poor fag
>>
>>57235906
If you can, I would save more.
Your monitor is where all if your interaction with the PC happens, make ita good one.
The mid to high end 1440p displays go for like 280 iirc, you should just save a bit more and get one of those.

Unless you don't browse that much, and just play cs in your free time, in which case get a 144hz 1080p monitor.
>>
>>57236029
>>57235906
Okay I just checked, the Dell and ASUS are both $300 flat right now, I would suggest the Dell if you can get them for the same price, as they are individually calibrated.
I got mine for $380 when they were that expensive, and it was well worth it.
>>
>>57234826
>https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AdamC_Rockz/saved/#view=FCRsYJ

you dont need watercooling
you spend over 100 on a motherboard but buy slow ram? get 3000
i can understand trying to cut corners with the 250gb ssd but youll probably regret not getting a bigger ssd shortly after you start using your pc. having to transfer shit you wanna use back and forth between your ssd and hdd can be pretty annoying after a while. with the money saved from a cheaper cooling solution you can get a better ssd.
do you really need a 100 dollar case? is there any specific reason aside from the GAMING WINDOW it has? there are better solutions for half the price
the 1080 version seems a little better aside from the still overly expensive cooling solution. also i would never buy a toshiba hard drive and if you care about your data you shouldnt either
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.