[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My pc is stuck on this screen and wont let me boot into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 1477420816681-49989443.jpg (988KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1477420816681-49989443.jpg
988KB, 2560x1440px
My pc is stuck on this screen and wont let me boot into bios
What can i do?
>>
>>57234333
install gentoo
>>
>dedicated webcam
are u a qt grill?
>>
>>57234333
Have you tried plugging it out then back in?
>>
>>57234333

i'd like to know how you solve this, if you can. anyone here genuinely know?

i remember a very long time ago, about 2007/2008 i had a computer i fucked up and had this exact same problem. at that time I didn't know much about computers so I just threw it out and bought a new one. i still am not sure how i'd fix this though. is this a HDD failure? is there a way to reset bios completely?
>>
>>57234333
boot into bios
>>
>>57234461
Have you tried installing gentoo?
>>
>>57234485
this. Or unplug it and plug it back in. If that doesn't work, install gentoo.
>>
Had same problem few weeks ago, try to reset cmos.
>>
>>57234966
this
>>
>>57234333

I've seen this happen when the BIOS has a hickup and often the standard fumbling (resetting CMOS, stripping the motherboard to basic bootable components) usually fixes it. Try removing the GPU and booting off the internal graphics.
>>
As mentioned above.. pull cmos battery out. Then pop it back in and turn pc back on. Are you overclocking? If so back it back down or reset to default once you get to bios.
>>
>>57234333
have you actually done the legwork before coming to post on your personal support forum?

does it post?
does removing everything except the fucking ram and processor make it work?
have you bashed repeatedly whatever key you need to bash to get into bios?
did you at least remove the battery?
>>
>>57234966
had a problem when I tried to OC my ram and my board wouldnt post

this is what fixed my issue
>>
LISTEN TO ME I HAVE THE FIX

REMOVE YOUR KEYBOARD THEN BOOT

ITS THAT SIMPLE
>>
>>57234333
check if you have a USB key or anything plugged in that the computer is trying to boot from first
>>
>>57234333
Try rerouting power from the main deflectors.
>>
>>57237040
it's only one main deflector faggot
you obviously never sustained a functional warp bubble so why are you browsing /g/?
>>
>>57234333
i had this with my old computer.
literally disconnect everything but your monitor.
for me it was a usb wifi stick that caused it.
it booted without it connected
>>
>>57237077
Fuck off m8

>he didn't install secondary deflectors

Fresh from the Academy cadet?
>>
>>57234333
clear cmos

boot into bios

(if your bios has this, usually only a thing with gaming boards) enable boot to bios (allows you to hold down the power button while starting and it will boot you into the bios) so shit like this doesnt happen again

set your boot drive to first priority
>>
>>57237172
I can't even think of a shitpost to respond to this with.
>>
>>57234333
>Press ctrl + alt + R before pressing power button
>press power
>When you hear Beep press enter
>write "boot"
>pick recovery mode
>it works
>>
>>57237106
Almost always USB or eSata. Some USB devices (not just memory sticks) can cause your boot to hang. My old DFI board did this with a joystick.
>>
>>57234333
learn the art of necromancy
>>
>>57234423

I'm not a qt grill, but I have a dedicated 1080 webcam for streaming on chaturbate. Easy money my nigga, hope you're willing to put things in your ass and dress in silly clothes.
>>
>>57234333
Tripp's checked.

Take out the optical discs & removable storages. Try again.
>>
>>57237114
I love you guys.
>>
anon do this. remove the hdd then try to boot into bios. if works reinstall the os repartitioning your system drive.
>>
Download more ram
>>
>>57239888
checked
>>
is it giving a post code beep? if not, check to see if your mobo has a speaker
>>
You'll need to manually delete system32 then
>>
>>57234333
KYS
>>
reseat ram
reseat cmos battery
>>
>>57235414
gay
>>
>>57239888
this
>>
If you cant even access the bios, the RAM is very likely to be fucked up. If you have spare banks to test, try plugging them in. I had exactly the same issue last night and my hypothesis were right.
>>
>>57234333
This looks like an error with GRUB.
when you're computer isn't fucked that screen shows up for 1/2 a second, then "Welcome to GRUB" or something. (For me at least).

That's all I got sorry i can't help.
>>
File: 1475712242363.jpg (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1475712242363.jpg
38KB, 250x250px
>>57234333
1.Change the CMOS Batteri.
2.Check BIOS.
Alt.1; Check the Wires/Cables in your computer if they have gone loose.
Alt.2; Take out your Hard Drive(s), backup your data and reinstall your OS.
Alt.3;Your motherboard is dead, buy a new one.
>>
>>57234400
/thread
>>
Try holding down reset while powering up, see if that helps.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.