[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are /g/'s thoughts on this piece of shit? +You don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Wire.png (15KB, 700x370px) Image search: [Google]
Wire.png
15KB, 700x370px
So what are /g/'s thoughts on this piece of shit?
+You don't need to use Google Play to download it
+It's end to end encrypted
+It's opensource
+Has a webclient.

-It will ask for google play services to be updated every time you run it, however it does run without it.
-I just tried it, without it i didn't see the sketch the bot sent me. Maybe that was intentional?
-Requires a name at signup
-Won't let you register with your email with the app. You have to use a web-browser.

You can get the APK from their website. I think it's somewhat better than TOX.
>>
>>57231811
the fuck even is it
>>
>>57231965
Wire, the 999th messaging application.
>>
>>57231985
I see.

But why?

If you want security and functionality, use Telegram.
If you want even more security, use Signal.
>>
>>57231997
Signal requires a phone number and so does Signal IIRC.

Tox uses Libsodium, which is also used by this.
>>
>>57231997
Wire is mainly for voice/video.
>>
I should have known /g/ uses unsecure messaging apps

Has noone heard of Wickr app in /g/, seriously?
>>
>>57231811
It's not a piece of shit unless you're a self-conscious poster. I use it and it's the best I've ever used. Based in Switzerland and posses the clearest calling I've ever experienced. It's developed by a former co-founder of Skype. End-to-end encrypted and available without those cancerous smartphones. Can be used to call all over the world, free.
>>
>>57232016
Wrong. It's a fucking messenger with the ability to call and video call.
>>
>>57231997
Signal and Telegram are shit. Wire offers better calling and doesn't require a mobile telephone.
>>
>>57231811
I use it for video/voice calls and Telegram for text. It's a p comfy combo senpai.
>>
>>57231811
I've been using this for the past few weeks and it's great. I don't know why no one ever mentions it. It has all the stupid features people expect in a messaging app, it's encrypted, and it actually looks nice. Plus it is cross platform.
>>
>>57234021
Have you communicated with anyone using it?
>>
>>57234201
Yup. Most of my friends have iPhones but they've been using it and the couple others are using it on android.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.