[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>order refurb laptop on ebay >15.6 monitor >decent specs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: suicide.jpg (124KB, 775x505px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
124KB, 775x505px
>order refurb laptop on ebay
>15.6 monitor
>decent specs
>boot it up upon arrival
>native resolution 1386 x 768

END ME

i didn't even think they made this shit anymore
laptop is dell e6530, core i5 8 gigs ram i got to replace a beat up e5550 with 2 gigs of ram. that laptop had 1400 x 900 and the screen looks 2x as good

the worst part is it's my fault for not asking questions, it never occurred to me the resolution would be the same as a fucking TV

fuck me

shit
>>
>>57231745
>buys a shitty second hand laptop on ebay without checking the specs by fucking googling the product ID
>surprised when his shitty laptop turns out to be shitty
you have no-one to blame but yourself
>>
>>
>>57231745
Replace the screen, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>57231745
What's wrong with 1366x768 ?
>>
>>57231771

i don't know how to change the screen man it's a laptop
>>
>>57231776

it just looks soooooo bad compared to the old latitude i fucked up big league.
>>
You know you have no soul when you ignore the photo of a woman's suicide to talk about shitty electronics.
>>
Daily reminder that this board is not a blog.
>>
>>57231745
sooo, how is it possible to order something online and not read specs?
>>
>>57232096

He bought a refurb. Dell ffs.

>Oh this one's the cheapest
>Order placed
>Complain about features
>>
File: greedy-jew.jpg (92KB, 879x608px) Image search: [Google]
greedy-jew.jpg
92KB, 879x608px
>>57232096
https://youtube.com/watch?v=_WTBkj8gFfI
>>
>>57232096

read all the specs that were on the listing. resolution was not listed, i just assumed it would have greater than or equal resolution to my much older latitude.

looking up screen replacement shit rn. i know i could change the screen, this model has 2 higher resolution screens available in same size, but idk if that would work bc native resolution is 1366 x 768 in bios and from what i've gathered i would have to also replace the cables going to motherboard. long story short not worth trying

>>57231955
yeah it's not the end of the world i'm out 230 dollars but if the resolution at least matched my old latitude i'd be set for the next 3 years. the main thing i do on laptops is read and it's just killing me, it looks awful. this is the resolution i use when i output my desktop to my TV
>>
>>57231845
lots of people on /g/ have no soul.
>>
>>57232130

buying refurbs is the smart way to compute, i fucked up big time THIS TIME but I've had 4 laptops this decade and spent less than 900 dollars total. also everything on this laptop is dank as shit but the screen. my real complaint is i accidentally downgraded one aspect

and it's a latitude, probably nicer than your laptop even with the gameboy screen faggot
>>
>>57231745
>Buy three year old laptop
>Surprised when the screen is a three year old standard resolution
Alright.
>it never occurred to me the resolution would be the same as a fucking TV
Modern TVs are FULL AYTCH DEE, meaning 1920x1080. HD, on the other hand, is 1280x720 with varying buzzwords filling the gap, like HD plus and other spurious combinations of meaningless words.
>>57232211
>from what i've gathered i would have to also replace the cables going to motherboard
Were you expecting to change a screen without touching any cables? How thick are you? You won't need to change cables but the ribbon cables used on displays can be a PITA. Since you're obviously not good with computers, I'd suggest you get someone competent to do it for you.
>>
>>57232295

? no shit i would touch the cables. i would also have to REPLACE the actual cables coming from the motherboard. If I took a hammer and smashed my screen right now I could drop a replacement 1366 x 768 in without doing that.
>>
>>57232338
>i would also have to REPLACE the actual cables coming from the motherboard
An LVDS cable is an LVDS cable is an LVDS cable. Same for EDP. Even if you had to replace the cable, that is not a big undertaking. It just involves unplugging it in one more spot as you'd have disassembled the screen assembly to replace the panel regardless.
>>
>>57232403

when laptop cost 230 dollars it's just not worth doing that, knowing that the cables and screen together are gonna cost at least 100 bucks

and from what i have read so far nothing is convincing me that it will be as simple as that to get higher resolution

what happens after I turn it back on? is the BIOS automatically updated to higher native res?
>>
>>57232289

bahahaha enjoy your fucked up refurb Dell. You can only be mad at yourself faggot.
>>
>>57232289

>buying a 3 year old refurb laptop without reading the specs is smart

smart. yep. really smart.
>>
>>57232619
generally, how bad are refurb dells? im looking at a refurb xps 13
>>
>>57232659
it's a refurb, which means something was probably already wrong with it and they had to repair it, or it was a lease/company laptop that was thrown around for a year or two before being returned.

Unless it has a good FREE warranty I wouldn't touch that shit
>>
>>57232503
you can buy the cable and a screen for $60, as it cost me £40 to upgrade the screen for my T420.
>>
That must be the most womanly kind of suicide, who the fuck kills themselves with an oven. Just jump off a fucking building, fuck.
>>
>>57232712
>I want to kill myself but still look pretty

Definitely a woman
>>
>>57232659

op here I know I'm starting the kill me thread, but I've never had a problem with refurb latitudes except this and this is completely my fault

for all my crying and bitching in this thread about my mistake this laptop cost 230 bucks and will last at least 3 years

sitting next to me is my olc latitude, also a refurb for less than 250, that has lasted 3 years and is still kicking. i only got a new one because I wanted more ram and the old one runs 32 bit win 7 and is beat to shit

before that I had a refurb dell latitude, also 200 bucks, that lasted 3 years and might still be kicking idk I sold it on craigslist for 50 bucks when I got number 2

they are built like tanks
>>
Macbook users does not have this problem.
>>
>>57232876

You're right, they can't upgrade their hardware at all.
>>
>>57232700

does anybody know if I would be able to drop in the 1600 x 900 hdplus screen into this thing and have it actually run at 1600 x 900

BIOS says native resolution 1366 x 768 and i have never tampered with this shit before. nothing I'm seeing on the internet is making me feel safe with making this move

i did see a 1600 x 900 screen on ebay for 70 bucks and that's doable
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.