[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10788 /intel-announces-atom-e3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: E3900_678x452.jpg (22KB, 678x474px)
E3900_678x452.jpg
22KB, 678x474px
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10788/intel-announces-atom-e3900-series-goldmont-for-the-internet-of-things-more

THANK YOU BASED INTEL
>>
>>57231143
>not real-time
why would anyone in manufacturing want this?
>>
It's an interesting idea, make the IoT device do more of the actual sensor processing for greater distribution of the workload. Sensor can send back processed data as opposed to raw data needing to be processed.
>>
>>57231175
is this an "itanium" level of intel going their own way ?
>>
>>57231212
Not really, they are listening to what their industry customers are asking for. IoT is now intel's third largest revenue source. I'd say they know what they're doing.
>>
>no realtime mcu
>crap AD converters
>Not allowed to see data sheets without NDA
Why would anyone use this? There's options from Ti and NXP that are totally open and include advanced AD converters and realtime MCUs.
>>
>>57231330
TDP and performance figures of those?

Something tells me intel wouldnt release a DOA product for one of their most profitable sectors.
>>
>>57231245
>Not really, they are listening to what their industry customers are asking for. IoT is now intel's third largest revenue source. I'd say they know what they're doing.
This is a huge scam, they moved many products to the IoT division to try and make it look like they have a more diverse income to investors.
>>
>>57231362
But it's revenue, meaning it's making money. Doesn't matter what products they shoved in there, they are making profits on it, whatever it is.
>>
>>57231357
>TDP and performance figures of those?
The cpus in those products are much weaker ARM A15 etc. But these intel chips don't have any of the needed hardware for embedded. If you want to read data from advanced sensors or control an electric motor you're screwed.
>>
>>57231399
>want to read data from advanced sensors
Isn't the whole point of giving IoT devices better and larger CPUs so the IoT device can do the processing of the data for you...
>>
>>57231413
These don't have the hardware to interact with realtime things. You have to bolt on external mcus or ADCs and the atom won't be able to communicate quickly enough to do any of the work.

Look at this, dual A72s, two entire MCUs on chip, multiple on chip ADC, PWM, canbus and more all connected low latency on chip.
http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-processors/i.mx-8-processors/i.mx-8-family-processors-transforming-inter-actions-in-ways-youve-never-imagined/i.mx-8-family-arm-cortex-a53-cortex-a72-virtualization-vision-3d-graphics-4k-video:i.MX8
>>
>>57231531
Oh boy an announced product that isn't on the market yet and has no pricetag yet.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.