[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does PeerBlock actually benefit you when torrenting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1464547271033.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464547271033.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
How does PeerBlock actually benefit you when torrenting? Why not use a VPN?
>>
It only masks your IP to peers on your torrent client as opposed to masking your IP to everything. Saves you the slow connectivity you'll see when doing anything else.
>>
>>57228698
I see. Is it really that beneficial? Is it better to use a VPN or PeerBlock?
>>
>>57228713
Depends on your needs.

It's beneficial if you have any reason to think you could get in trouble / caught through peers.

Do you have a reason to mask your IP beyond your torrent client? If yes, then get a VPN.
>>
>>57228729
Ok Thanks for the help.
>>
>>57228685
>How does PeerBlock actually benefit you when torrenting?
It doesn't. It's pure placebo.
>>
>>57228685
>How does PeerBlock actually benefit you when torrenting?
It doesn't. Anti-piracy groups can harvest your IP from the swarm, they don't need to connect to you.
>>
I use both and have no trouble torrenting
>>
>>57228848
and?
They need to catch you uploading data to them. Merely being connected to a tracker isn't proof of wrongdoing.

>>57228698
>>57228729
PeerBlock doesn't mask your IP: the clue to its function is in the name. The logic is that if you have a big list of known 'bad' IP addresses, and peerblock stops you from connecting to them, and thus prevents you serving data to them, your chances of getting caught by copyright vigilantes is reduced. Its effectiveness would depend on the accuracy of the list of addresses, and how up-to-date it is, etc.
>>
Peerblock? It doesn't do anything on torrents.

>Merely being connected to a tracker isn't proof of wrongdoing.
Yes it is since the tracker has stats on your sharing. And even if it didn't- how they find IPs to give letters to is by their presence on trackers because evidence is something that copyright lawyers don't actually need.
>>
>>57229781
>Yes it is since the tracker has stats on your sharing
pretty much only private trackers w/ passkeys do this, and if you're getting letters from your ISP for shit you downloaded on a private tracker, it's likely not something that any kind of IP block would've saved you from in the first place
>>
Any VPN's /g/ would recommend?
>>
only way you can torrent safely:
1. buy a seedbox with bitcoin from a provider that doesn't keep connection logs
2. buy a vpn with bitcoin from a provider that doesn't keep connection logs
3. only access torrent sites or your seedbox using your VPN
>>
>>57229946
second this. i am trying out AirVPN for 3 days now. but for real i know shit bout vpns
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.