[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 309
Thread images: 35

File: 1471835260456.png (105KB, 883x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471835260456.png
105KB, 883x1024px
Previously: >>57212025

Welcome to /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread. ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources[*].

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or Mac.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

* Resources:
$ man <insert command here>
$ info <insert command here>
$ help <insert command here>

Your friendly neighborhood search engine:
Try to use a search engine that respects your privacy such as searx, ixquick or startpage.

Check the Wikis (Most troubleshoots work for all distros.)
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

What distro should you choose?
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux

Break out of the botnet:
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux/

Learn more about Free Software:
https://www.gnu.org

/fglt/'s website:
http://fglt.nl/

/fglt/'s copypasta collection:
https://p.teknik.io/oJR7K

Friends:
>>>/t/707928# - /t/'s GNU/Linux Games
>>>/t/713097# - /t/'s GNU/Linux Training Videos
>>
fglt sounds like bglt like lgbt haha is that why you chose those letters
i remember when this thread was called flt, but then fucking richard stallman kept interjecting the threads :(
>>
>/g/ hates Xfce now
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>57226776
dumb frogposter
>>
>>57226823
>>>/9gag/
>>
File: libreboot.png (4KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
libreboot.png
4KB, 283x283px
>>57226617
Another perfect example of what the "extreme left" aka "sjws" aka "entitled whiners" have done:

- They whine about nonexistent or minuscule problems and inflate them into the most dramatic and drawn out thing you can imagine.

- They're 100% certain about how right they are, with no room for questioning or doubt unless it's pointed away from themselves.

- They play the victim card as hard as possible, while simultaneously trying to dominate you by forcing their ideology on you and getting you to apologize for what they find offensive.

Besides that, the whole controversy is almost 100% Leah Rowe making all the fuss and big decisions under the Libreboot banner without consulting anyone else who works on the project.

Libreboot didn't come together as a community and decide to separate from GNU. Leah Rowe made the executive decision by herself to separate. She's using her position as maintainer in order to further her personal agenda in a situation that is almost entirely of her making. It's very selfish and close-minded.
>>
>>57226617
>A transgender employee at the FSF was being bullied by a transphobic employee.
stopped reading there
>>
>>57226859
>her
>>
>>57226617
Libreboot can't "leave" GNU because it's Free Software, which means everyone can do the fuck he wants with it, including GNU, which again makes the whole message about "Libreboot leaves GNU" completly ridiculous.
>>
>>57227019
AFAIK that's what GNU said, it's still a GNU project, they'll just find another person to lead it and merge the changes she makes in her "fork". This reminds me of ffmpeg and libav.
>>
I need simple tard-proof instructions on how to swap 2 keys on the keyboard, please. I'm on Ubuntu. I've read the Arch wiki guide but it's confusing as fuck
>>
>>57227048
>she
>>
>>57227190
I don't care about pronouns.
>>
I have a bind9 server on my RPi at home. The bind9 is running well with no problems. Created my zones and my forward and reverse databases, all is fine. Now I want to include my blacklisted zones which are at the moment over 32k domains. If I include one of those blacklisted domain rule in the named.conf file and restarting bind9 process, the dns is going to block the blacklisted domain and running without any problems. But I don't want to include every single blacklisted domain rule in named.conf rather only a link to the file with all blacklisted domains. I thought I can fix it with "include /path/path" but after restarting bind9 process the dns server don't run like he should do. Any help here?
>>
How can I use nomodeset with rEFInd? I used it to get the installer going and shit but I can't figure out how to do it with rEFInd with the actual install and am completely unable to boot in.
>>
Im rather new to linux, but im getting comfortable with it. I was looking at my currently running processes, and saw something weird.

usr/lib/tracker/tracker-extract

What is this? I dont recall installing it.
>>
>>57228092
tracker is a GNOME function, to search for files etc. Sometime it may use up a lot of CPU while it's indexing files but it shouldn't take too long
>>
>>57227972
Got it working. Now just have to figure out all of the hardware bullshit.
>>
Well, Ubuntu kinda worked better than the other stuff I've tried. It found and downloaded the proprietary firmware that Debian just could not find anywhere.

That said, after I did it I can't get to my desktop at all, only a text terminal. Best guess is that it has something to do with the NVIDIA driver. Switching from LightDM to GDM fucked up things worse with constant text flicker but I was able to eventually go back. Dunno what I'm doing now: Linux on Mac is a total bitch and is probably not a great thing for a first Linux experience.
>>
Hey linux people

I use XFCE and I've been wondering.

Is there any easy way of tiling windows to very specific areas of the screen

I have a meme 21:9 monitor that I'm starting to hate and it'd be nice to have something like that
>>
>>57226830
Nothing, just xfce haters/unpaid lxde shills got louder.
>>
Hey lads.

Set up arch on a crap laptop with apache, ftp mariadb and openssh. I've not done anything to do with security certificates. Is there any really good resource for idiots which will help me set it up?
I've been reading through my windows server book but it's doing a really crap job of explaining certificates.
>>
>>57229113
I realize i haven't really explained myself, I want to use https, sftp, actually secure ssh etc before I blow any holes in my firewall
>>
I have been using Debian stable/testing with i3 for the past year on multiple devices but I want to try something a bit different for my main pc.
I tried Fedora for a few weeks but I wasn't really happy with the package repositories. Yesterday it crashed and wouldn't boot anymore anyway after gedit gobbled up every single byte of ram for some reason (not even using it, I was installing packages) so I decided to make a clean install.
I've thought about trying some Debian derivative like Ubuntu or Mint. Any things I should consider before installing?
>>
Okay /fglt/, I think I finally have all of the bugs ironed out. The only thing left is that, because I use the nouveau driver instead of the proprietary NVIDIA one (bugs out with NVIDIA), I have to boot with nomodeset. The rEFInd documentary/website is fucking horrible and my searches haven't been helping very much. So do any of you guys know how to configure rEFInd to always boot an option with nomodeset?
>>
>>57229171
Consider sid and don't bother with "based on" distros.
>>
>>57229365
Well, it's kind of the noob option, but it looks like the only way to really do this with rEFInd is to turn off auto-detection (entirely or just for the one) and then create a manual entry with the option. However the manual entries look pretty confusing, so I guess I'm just going to have to manually set it every time for now.
>>
>>57228838
Tiling is not working too well with xfwm4 but not impossible.
>>
>>57226830
wtf, I love xfce now.
>>
File: windoze rapefugee.jpg (66KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
windoze rapefugee.jpg
66KB, 630x354px
>>57226776
>Friendly GNU/Linux

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but friendly how, I mean friendly like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean friendly, friendly how? How linux is friendly? You said it's friendly. How the fuck is linux friendly, what the fuck is so friendly about linux? Tell me, tell me what's friendly!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-25_23-36-02.png (276KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-25_23-36-02.png
276KB, 1366x768px
>tfw just started learning C
>>
Winfag here, Xfce is awesome.
>>
>>57227373
push
>>
Just installed Arch. What should I install now?
i3, gnome, kde or just wayland alone?
>>
After several days and quite a few hours that included some distro hopping, I finally have my first full Linux install up. It's Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

But, even with Ubuntu that found the firmware I wasn't able to get seemingly anywhere else, there are still pretty stupid problems:
-Can't adjust screen brightness. At all. With any method. This is apparently a very common problem if not ubiquitous.
-Can't get back into the computer if I use Suspend (either manually or by closing the lid) — screen doesn't turn on and the computer barely sounds like it spins up. This is apparently a very common problem.
-Obligatory worse battery life than the native OS
-Have to manually start with nomodeset every time I boot to actually get it to work because of the graphics card drivers. Literally everyone with this class of card has to do this.

So, this is Linux … ?
>>
>>57230785
Pretty much.
>>
>>57230785
those are all features!

>Can't adjust screen brightness.
I never use anything brighter than 1 so I just set it to that

>Can't get back into the computer if I use Suspend
disable suspend in the power options

>Have to manually start with nomodeset
add it to the grub CMD line so it automatically does it.
>>
File: Wordperfect-5.1-dos.png (7KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Wordperfect-5.1-dos.png
7KB, 640x400px
Is there anything like WordPerfect for dos but for linux.
>>
>>57230857
It's very useful to be able to change brightness depending on where you are and what the lighting is like, never mind for battery life. It's ridiculous to expect it to be static.

I did disable suspend, but especially for a laptop that is stupid to not have, especially (again) for battery life.

I use rEFInd instead of GRUB and running GRUB through it actually hasn't worked yet. It's just that it's onerous to fix it in rEFInd.

>features
Yeah, sarcasm, but I just can't believe that this kind of shit is in a fucking LTS version of a massive distro. Shockingly, my shitty hardware isn't even responsible for most of these problems, which blows my mind.
>>
>>57230907
what about using xbacklight and soemthing like autokey to adjust brightness https://www.maketecheasier.com/autokey-make-your-own-keyboard-shortcuts-in-linux/
>>
>>57230907
>rEFInd
https://sourceforge.net/p/refind/discussion/general/thread/c30a6920/#9d18
>>
>>57230988
The actual keys to adjust it don't work and the system settings brightness panel is devoid of the slider it should have. I can't see how that would work.

>>57231006
I was under the impression that you also had to turn off auto-detection in order to do a manual entry, but I guess doing it directly in the Linux boot directory gets around that?

I guess it's something to try, at least. Thanks, anon. I would say I'm not sure how I didn't find that but the rEFInd documentation is utter shit and my searches led me to similarly shit threads.
>>
>>57230988
To be clear about the brightness, I read some threads that stated that solutions using the RandR extension didn't work.
>>
guys I have a few questions about gnome:
-what is it's relationship with MATE? (I heard one was the continuation of the other or something)
-does it support multiple monitors, wallpapers and panels?
-is there a way to make it so when I press the start menu (or whatever it is called in gnome), I get a menu similar to KDE and windows' where I can start typing for a program/file and it'll automatically search for it for me?
>>
>>57228838
You can use xfce with another wm, for example you could remove xfwm from your session and add i3 or dwm to it instead. dwm is very easy to learn so i would suggest trying it after reading the manual and the tutorial.
>>
>>57230716
gentoo
>>57230785
>After several days and quite a few hours that included some distro hopping, I finally have my first full Linux install up. It's Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
with unity? Are you sure?
>-Can't adjust screen brightness. At all. With any method. This is apparently a very common problem if not ubiquitous.
You can, you can even change the amount of reds with redshift to simulate daylight.
>-Can't get back into the computer if I use Suspend (either manually or by closing the lid) — screen doesn't turn on and the computer barely sounds like it spins up. This is apparently a very common problem.
which laptop? If you don't mention that people will just tell you that it works for them. (For me as an example)
>-Obligatory worse battery life than the native OS
Install powertop and tlp and check out driver issues.
>-Have to manually start with nomodeset every time I boot to actually get it to work because of the graphics card drivers. Literally everyone with this class of card has to do this.
which GPU do you have?
>So, this is Linux … ?
no, linux is a monolithic kernel you can.find on kernel.org.
>>
>>57231191
Yes, Unity because I wanted the greatest chance of success and ease. It took longer than you expect because dual booting (or even regular installation) on Mac models can be a real piece of shit.

No, you can't. And Redshift's "brightness" is only a simulation through color change as opposed to actually making the display dimmer. I'm actively using it because I have f.lux permanently on in my Windows and macOS installations.

It's a very old MacBook Pro, but I've seen it for a plethora of other manufacturers. Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure I saw Lenovo, Lenovo Thinkpads (yeah, I wouldnt have expected it, either), Asus, HP and Acer. But that's not an exhaustive list.

I do have those and let TLP do its standard thing. I admittedly haven't went through PowerTOP to tweak farther yet, though. The other issues distracted me and it's at least getting okay life right now in comparison.

The card is a GeForce 8600M GT.
>>
Has Manjaro redeemed itself?
Being on 6th place at distro watch must mean something, right?
>>
>>57231439
>Being on 6th place at distro watch must mean something, right?
No
>>
>>57230321
you can do that in bash, kudos for learning a new language though

#!/bin/sh
F=0
roof="300"
while [ true ]
do
if [[ $F -gt $roof ]] ;then exit 0 ;fi
C=$(awk "BEGIN {print ($F-32)*(5/9)}")
echo $F"°F = "$C"°C"
F=$(($F + 20))
done

>>
>>57230889
what's the use-case?

working on a remote server? probably better off using sshfs, working local, saving remote

really low end machine? perhaps something like openbox/i3 + abiword, xorg can run on a plain framebuffer on the most basic of video cards

using a text-only terminal? outside of plain text editors like nano/vim/emacs, i'm not sure if there's wordperfect-like program for linux, this is a pretty uncommon situation
>>
>>57231508
You can do all of the early K&R exercises (aka any program with plain text as input and output) with pretty much any language, including AutoHotKey
>>
>faglet
lmao
>>
File: file.png (173KB, 723x593px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
173KB, 723x593px
>>57231117
>what is it's relationship with MATE?
Everyone used to love GNOME2, then they radically changed things in GNOME3. MATE is the continuation of what GNOME2 was, and it looks/functions almost exactly the same.

>does it support multiple monitors, wallpapers and panels?
I think nearly every major distro has support for multiple monitors.

The separate wallpapers and panels I'm not so sure of. Sorry :\

>>57231117
>is there a way to make it so when I press the start menu (or whatever it is called in gnome), I get a menu similar to KDE and windows' where I can start typing for a program/file and it'll automatically search for it for me?
It already does that by default. It's just an "activities overview" that uses the whole screen instead of a "start menu".

You can install start menu-like things from GNOME extensions (pic related, it's called Gno-menu), but none of them let you use the Super/Windows key afaik.
>>
>>57226830
sadly enough it's the least shit DE. except maybe for TDE, LXQt, CDE, etc.
the least shit of the ones that most casuals know about.

>>57230889
visually it kinda reminds me of the built-in editor for midnight commander. probably not the same feature set as an actual "word processor" though.
>>
>>57231439
If you MUST go arch for tards, use Antergos instead.
>>
>>57231568
no real use-case. I guess text only terminal. I did find https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordGrinder
>>
File: 1457459441377.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1457459441377.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
How to verify the iso you downloaded from debian is legit?

i download the .iso, MD5SUMS.sign & MD5SUMS

gpg --verify MD5SUMS.sign MD5SUMS
to check if the MD5SUMS is legit

md5sum -c MD5SUMS
to check if the file is not corrupted,

but how do i check if the sig i downloaded is legit?

found https://keyring.debian.org/ but this is confusing as hell,

also can someone explain what this do:
rsync -az --progress keyring.debian.org::keyrings/keyrings/

and where the files you sync are located locally?
>>
>>57232792
You use the torrent like a sane human bean.
>>
File: IMG_20161023_190219.jpg (222KB, 1054x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161023_190219.jpg
222KB, 1054x1500px
>>57232940
How does the torrent prove that the .iso file is legit (not trolling)
>>
>>57232940
Aren't they illegal?
>>
File: 1467413885109.gif (182KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
1467413885109.gif
182KB, 400x374px
Can anybody please help me with a very simple script? I want it to show the "fa-music" symbol from font awesome (http://fontawesome.io/cheatsheet/) and the output of the command audtool current-song followed by i3status on my i3bar.
They got a example on
https://i3wm.org/i3status/manpage.html#_external_scripts_programs_with_i3status
Please help.
>>
>>57233121
isn't it easier to do with i3blocks?
>>
>>57233183
i3blocks isn't available in my repositories.
>>
>>57233121
You'd still need to insert the symbol somehow
#!/bin/sh
# shell script to prepend i3status with more stuff
mystuff=$(audtool --current-song)

i3status | while :
do
read line
echo "$mystuff | $line" || exit 1
done
>>
I use Win7/OSX for vidya and uni respectively, but I'm looking to better myself and get into loonix.

I want to try Linux without accidentally burning my bloody PC down and rice my shit up like all the cool kids in the desktop threads. Ideally something with a flat/minimalist visual.

What distro/DE do you recommend?
>>
>>57233214
Where do I paste the symbol?
>>
>>57233229
windows 8
>>
>>57233245
if its a type-able character put it
        echo " HERE $mystuff 
>>
Windows blew up my Linux HDD, backed it up because I thought pacman got wrecked, seems like the backup missed files, but already reinstalled Arch.
What's the tool to search the entire disk for recoverable files?
>>
anyone run into this before?

i have / (includes /boot) on /dev/md127p1, and i'm trying to install grub
the disks are gpt with bios boot partitions (same layout has worked before)
i run;
sudo grub-install --target=i386-pc --debug /dev/sda

and it stops with;
grub-install: info: /dev/md127p1 is not present.
grub-install: error: no such partition.

i've looked around for a bit but it's not clear to me what's going wrong

i am running from the raid right now (not a chroot), by using a previous grub installation (before moving to this raid setup)
>>
>>57233229
Antergos.
Easiest UEFI dualboot ever. Based on Arch so you can get all those shiny new packages, as it uses the Arch repos, not their on like on Manjaro.
Installer lets you install lodsa goodies like steam/playonlinux, codecs, etc.

I run KDE but you can go full tiling managers once you learn to mess with em.
>>
>>57233212
just install it from their git page. I'm pretty sure it's available for most distros though
>>
>>57233229
in linux GUI and the OS are separated. So you can have any DE or WM on any distro. So start with some easy popular Distro and play around.
>>
Thanks. It's not refreshing when I change songs though. How I do that? :(
>>
>>57233056
By default when dowloading debian isos you get redirected to .torrents . If you search in the dir a bit, the files are aldo there in direct download
>>
*hacks this thread with no survivors*
hehehe
>>
>>57233121
http://fontawesome.io/cheatsheet/
>>
>>57233321
possibly dropping
|| exit 1
>>
>>57233346
no i mean are torrents illegal? i'm pretty sure they're illegal where I live (Alaska USA)
>>
>>57233354
Didn't work. :´(
>>
>>57233382
post your config
>>
>>57233403
#!/bin/sh
mystuff=$(audtool current-song)

i3status | while :
do
read line
echo " $mystuff | $line" || exit 1
done
>>
>>57233379
stop living in a cuck country, cuck
>>
>>57233379
No they are not. torrents being illegal would bbe retarded.
>>
>>57233425
>>57233214
quick question about this script:
why is mystuff=$(audtool current-song) not inside the loop?
>>
>>57233462
it probably needs to be
>>
>>57233440
yeah i'm already moving to a based country soon so that's not a problem
>>57233453
but they are illegal aren't they? i'm pretty sure some people here got busted for using that torrent shit or am I mistaken?
>>
>>57233379
Highly illegal. Don't listen to >>57233440
>>57233453 they are trying to get you an virus.
>>
>>57233474
thats what i thought but maybe that anon know about some magic i dont so im asking
>>
>>57233462
What do you mean inside the "loop". I know nothing about this stuff.
>>
>>57233483
yeah I thought so. i'll try to set up a secure channel right now and maybe I'll be able to download it without Them noticing. are you sure all torrents contain the virus?
>>
>>57233496
im talking about the while-loop so everything between
while; do
and done. The loop is used to run everything inside it over and over again
>>
>>57233496
as >>57233462 pointed out ; this should run correctly
#!/bin/sh

i3status | while :
do
read line
echo "$mystuff | $line" || exit 1
done
>>
>>57233530
Oh! now it works. Thank you so much anons.

#!/bin/sh

i3status | while :
mystuff=$(audtool current-song)
do
read line
echo " $mystuff | $line" || exit 1
done
>>
>>57233560
how do you format text like a hacker?
this post looks normal >>57233570
this post looks like it was written by a hacker >>57233560
>>
>>57233577
code tags
>>51971506
>>
Friendly GNU/Linux friends, does anybody of you guys run Syncthing on a Raspberry Pi (Or even better, an Odroid C2)?
I've tried setting one up, works fine on my laptop but dies due to a SIGILL on my odroid.
All I found online about it is that it's because its toolchain compiled it for a wrong architecture or something, but I also found that Go (the language) should compile it properly.
Any ideas?
>>
>>57233585
what version of syncthing are you trying to run?
>>
Can I use linux if I literally can't read?
>>
>>57234049
as long as you're not blind
>>
>>57234049
but how will you read my reply
>>
>>57234061
Yeah I can see pretty well. It's jsut that I can't read if there's a lot of words
>>57234064
i'm with a friend and he's helping me. I can type though
>>
>>57233980
Tried both 0.14.9-1 (in community)
as the aur git package, which is probably latest. Had to compile only the git one obviously.
Both had the same problem.
>>
File: 1454642599640.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1454642599640.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>57234049
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>57234106
>It's jsut that I can't read if there's a lot of words
linux commands all look like gibberish anyway
>>
File: logo_mageia_official_dark.png (18KB, 984x440px) Image search: [Google]
logo_mageia_official_dark.png
18KB, 984x440px
Anyone have experience with Mageia?
I'm gonna test it out since I want to move on from Mint.

I tried Trisquel but my wifi card won't work for it and I don't really want to buy a wifi usb
>>
>>57234155
real funny
>>57234164
That's reassuring
>>
>>57234194
Use Gentoo. Everything else was created by n*ggers and is not worth anyone's time
>>
>>57234231
>gentoo
>needs half a year to fix security holes
nice meme distro you got there
>>
Whats the easiest way to apply an ad blocking hosts file?
Whats the best hosts file out there?
>>
>>57234274
>hosts blocking
>current year
Install ublock.
>>
>>57234274
more /etc/hosts.deny
>>
>>57234250
>not fixing them yourself
nice meme you got there
>>
>>57234231
no, I use my laptop for work and want something fairly stable and reliable, but more "free" than Mint and not Ubuntu or Debian
>>
I have just wasted two hours of my evening
it happened to be these broadcom modules after kernel update and i was completly unaware that this will be it

now i feel so insecure and stupid, like everything made of glass shards and can break any moment, any moment i less expect

after running arch as my first linux distro for almost two years now and this fuck up it seems like only misery and fear up ahead
>>
>>57234194
I tried it for a bit and it seemed nice, a lot configuration tools in the settings menu.
Takes forever to install tho
>>
>>57234513
How is it not reliable and stable?
>>
>>57234540
Literally what
>>
File: 1474154730008.jpg (204KB, 1024x996px) Image search: [Google]
1474154730008.jpg
204KB, 1024x996px
Hey /g/, what is the best distro? I just want to install the best and go on with my life.
>>
>>57234838
ubuntu with unity is the best one tbqh
>>
File: 1470747514497.png (60KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1470747514497.png
60KB, 256x256px
>>57234838
Debian GNU/Linux
>>
>>57234899
>Debian Linux
fixed that one for you
>>
>>57234914
nope
>>
>>57234948
uhh yeah
>>
>>57234963
https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/ch01.html.en
>>
>>57234968
they must have made a mistake since it's clearly Debian Linux not Debian G*U/Linux
>>
>>57234635
no worse than Arch
>>
>>57234982
>Because the Linux kernel alone does not form a working operating system, we prefer to use the term “GNU/Linux” to refer to systems that many people casually refer to as “Linux”.

https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/ch01s02.html.en
>>
>>57235012
but they're clearly wrong since the correct way to say it is Debian Linux. whoever wrote that is such a moron
>>
>>57234838
Ubuntu is the "best" in that its easy to start, has lots of options/desktop UI variants, and is well rounded.

Debian is stable and has lots of support, plus its more configurable than Ubuntu.

Arch takes a while to install and you should follow a guide if you don;t know what you're doing, but its very configurable and you can basically make it look like whatever you want, not to mention basically all Linux software works on it.

Mint is basically windows minus Microsoft, not as free or open as other distros, but baby tier to get into and very easy/stable to use.

Elementary is OSX minus apple
>>
>>57226850

>dumb froguin poster
>>
>>57231053
xbacklight and xbindkeys. edit .xbindkeysrc and add
"xbacklight -dec 5"
XF86MonBrightnessDown
"xbacklight -inc 5"
XF86MonBrightnessUp
>>
>>57234838
Slackware.
but if you don't understand the general structure and operation of a "traditional" Unix-like operating system, you might have to learn that before you go on with your life. This is actually the case with any Linux distro though. Not understanding the basic concepts of what you're using is asking for a broken system.
>>
>>57235047
>but its very configurable and you can basically make it look like whatever you want
So it's like any other distro, and it's feature is a lacking installer?
>>
>>57235052
Yeah? and you're asking for a broken nose
*punches you in the face*
>>
File: arch user faces the truth.png (89KB, 627x722px) Image search: [Google]
arch user faces the truth.png
89KB, 627x722px
>>57235083
DELET THIS
>>
>>57235083
pretty much. It's mainly aimed at kids who think they're cool if they can install a distro using only the command line
>>
>>57235051

>tfw you settled for xbacklight
>tfw to get the keys on your laptop working without any additional "layer" you had to add acpi_os=!windows or something similar
>tfw you had to decide on one
>tfw you went with the userspace tool

It feels dirty.
>>
I tried installing mint on my PC with a HD4670, but it seems legacy video cards are not supported in recent versions of Ubuntu. Which distro should I switch to? I just want to watch my animu in my TV at the proper resolution.
>>
>>57235151
It works flawlessly. I don't see an issue besides being autistic about the implementation.
>>
does anyone here use dwm? how the fuck am i supposed to get this to work. any change I make to config.h does not actually reflect in the wm
>>
File: IMG_20160911_142206.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160911_142206.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>57235086
come at me bro
>>
>>57235083
Personally I don't see the point of arch
its too unstable to be reliable for work, and other distros (like Kali) are better for being a "hacker", and Gentoo is much more comfy than Arch is and more stable imo
>>
>>57235373
you have to recompile dwm to see the changes
>>
>>57235441
i've tried make, make clean install, etc and nothing actually seems to affect it. I log out and log back in and nothing has changed
>>
File: 1441657070905.gif (82KB, 794x512px) Image search: [Google]
1441657070905.gif
82KB, 794x512px
Liking Mageia so far, very comfy with KDE
reminds me a bit of Fedora
>>
>>57235488
maybe you made some error sin your configuration? try some examples from the wiki
http://dwm.suckless.org/customisation/
>>
I'm using Mint. My cable company offers Internet TV, but their website requires the Silverlight plugin. Did some googling, installed pipelight, enabled the plugin, but when I check about:plugins it's not there and the site still asks me for the Silverlight plugin.
>>
I fucked up my drivers somehow and now when I use startx the nvidia logo apears, But when you start the computer the launch log font size is massive and looks like if you didn't have any drivers.
>>
>>57235550
I haven't done any extensive configuration, just changing the tag names to see if it would work. there's nothing I could have messed up in the file itself, I guess it was something during the installation or when I try to recompile it
>>
>>57235375
*drops an icbm right at you*
thanks for revealing your coordinates lmao
>>
So, android is linux, right?
This means that you can get to that sweet bash console and install console applications, right?
>>
>>57235588
in /etc/default/grub set GRUB_GFXMODE= to your resolution and GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep
and update your grub.cfg
>>
>>57235625
yea, if you have bash installed
>>
>>57235588
the proprietary nvidia driver doesn't support KMS
>>
>>57235052
>Slackware

i guess linux users shill whatever they're using
>>
>>57235641
Any idea how to do it?
>>
>>57235673
app store > termux
>>
>>57235662
Yes it does.
>>
>>57235606
as i said, come at me bro. i'm ready and waiting.
>>
>>57235792
just launched another one
seems like i missed the first time
ETA 5 minutes
>>
>>57235729
Get out of this thread cancerous tripfag.
>>
File: 1472356167624.jpg (54KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
1472356167624.jpg
54KB, 800x520px
if arch is supposed to be simple, how comes it doesn't have an installer?
>>
>>57235874
It makes them feel 1337
>>
>>57235874
muh minamalism
buttons are bloat, anon
>>
>>57235874
simple for the developers
>>
>>57235874
>tused an installer
>neckbeards rage because I've got the same set up with 99.8% less effort

It just makes it sweeter
>>
>>57235874
it used to, but nobody wanted to maintain it

do you want to maintain it, anon?
>>
Is there an easy way of changing the button of the whisker menu in XFCE to make it wider? I know you can change the icon, I just want the clickable area to be larger while keeping my 18px row height for the taskbar as a whole
>>
>>57235902
>It has never been a minimalist distribution. Splitting packages is rare
compared to other distributions, and dependencies aren't made optional
whenever possible.
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
>>
>>57235918
Can you add text to it? Instead of text just add spaces
>>
File: feels.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
I like Ubuntu, but I wish I could turn off mouse acceleration in mouse preferences and that if I do use xset m 0 0 I don't have to turn it off back again when I change sensitivity.
>>
File: 1472352591444.png (10KB, 409x476px) Image search: [Google]
1472352591444.png
10KB, 409x476px
2 questions:

best email provider?
best command line tool to check or manage mails?

whatcha using
>>
how do i turn off the linux kernel without damaging my stable system? it's just too god d*mn bloated for my taste...
>>
File: 1455624244310.png (46KB, 650x325px) Image search: [Google]
1455624244310.png
46KB, 650x325px
Thoughts on Kali?
>>
>>57236019
what?

>>57236027
dont bother. install the tools you need on your system. or if you need to have it portable, liveboot a usb drive
>>
>>57236027
It's actually Kali GNU/Linux.
>>
>>57235947
Ah yeah just needed to change it from Icon to Icon and Title to add the text.

Thanks fellow citizen.
>>
>>57236027
i approve
hacked a bunch of retards last night lel
nobody can stand up to a high level hacker such as myself muahaha
>>57236040
>what?
i just can't take this bloat anymore i need to make my system more minimalist
>>
File: wew.png (183KB, 960x531px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
183KB, 960x531px
>>57235998
>>
i am going to kill myself if i can't get dwm to work

why does this shit not work for me, i have tried everything to get it to actually implement any changes i make. make runs fine but it doesn't actually change anything. I try changing both config.def.h and config.h and nothing happens after recompiling and logging out/in

what the fuck could even be the problem, it makes zero sense it's like it's permanently stuck in an un-editable nightmare where i make changes but it doesn't register
>>
>>57236057
>citizen
But I'm stateless. Renounced my citizenship a while ago.
>>
>>57236091
type which dwm
Check the time on the binary vs the one you compiled.
>>
>>57236087
dumb trip poster
>>
>>57236129
don't feed it anon
>>
>>57236111
see >>57236129
>>
>>57236111
after i make the changes to config.h, do I type make or make clean install? either one doesn't change anything. all i'm trying to do is edit the tag names to see if i can get it to register any changes
>>
>>57236178
Are you sure you are using the version you're compiling instead of the default version? It seems like your compiling it but not actually using that version, you need to replace the binaries.
>>
>>57236237
i downloaded dwm from suckless and ran sudo make clean install in the dwm directory, then added a dwm.desktop file to access it from my login manager. I edit the config.h file in the dwm directory then run make or make clean install. is this not making the changes to the dwm binary? all the resources are in english and I apparently i'm not good enough to understand them
>>
taken from the arch wiki:
> Wayland is a new, alternative display server protocol and the Weston reference implementation is available. There is very little support for it from applications at this early stage of development.
Is it worth it? I don't want to have issues for not using Xorg
>>
>>57236178
You may have multiple dwm binaries in your $PATH it may be calling a previously built or installed binary that is not the one you are installing. The which command will tell you where the binary is located that you are executing, and if its different then the one you are installing then you know why your changes aren't taking effect. make clean shouldn't be necessary.
>>
>>57236308
stick to xorg
>>
>>57235662
KMS?
>>
I'm on an acer 11 cb3-131 chromebook, so far it's doing what I need. But I'd like to install gnu/linux on it. Is this possible? Is replacing the SSD doable?
>>
>>57236337
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/kernel_mode_setting
>>
Trying to install Gentoo, I feel like this is a simple fix. Would someone here please help. Pic related. This is after running the "make && make modules_install" command
>>
>>57236384
pic please
>>
File: IMG_20161025_165554.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161025_165554.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
>>57236396
Oops
>>
>>57235637
how do I update the grub.cfg? with sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg?
>>
>>57236514
yes
>>
>>57235729
do you run wayland with proprietary nvidia drivers?
>>
>>57236422
i may be totally wrong on this but isn't that the expected behavior? I mean you are currently not running your new kernel so obviously the modules for the kernel that currently is running are not in your chroot
>>
>>57236326
i typed which dwm in the terminal and the only one is /usr/local/bin/dwm

now I really have no idea why it won't work
>>
>>57236422
run make modules_install
It probably didn't run.
>>
>>57236381
thanks
>>
>>57236565
delete it and run which again
>>
>>57236565
lol why are you even trying dwm when it's clear that you are not its target audience
>>
>>57235729
Note: The proprietary NVIDIA driver (since 364.12) also implements kernel mode-setting, but it does not use the built-in kernel implementation and it lacks an fbdev driver for the high-resolution console.

alright, they do, but they rolled their own, and it still doesn't allow framebuffer access or full resolution consoles, which is the part he was after
>>
>>57236604
which: no dwm in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/opt/android-sdk/platform-tools:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl)

is the result

>>57236614
why try anything you don't know how to do? even if i don't use it i'd still like to try
>>
>>57235637
I changed the resolution to 1366x768 but the font size is still massive
>>
>>57226776
Anyone know where is the chart of the zypper/pacman/apt command function comparison?
>>
>>57236674
Do a touch config.h or whatever and then run make again, see if the output from gcc is recompiling with it, you can see if its actually using the file you are making changes to that way.
>>
File: 1477429335290.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1477429335290.png
74KB, 300x256px
>finally install hardened gentoo
>get a good desktop setup going
Literally no hills left to conquer in Linux. What the fuck do I do with my life now?
>>
>>57236706
did you forget to remove the # in front of any of those lines?
>>
>>57236799
linux from scratch
>>
>>57236799
use & maintain it properly for a year
>>
File: 1477360895351.jpg (186KB, 1149x806px) Image search: [Google]
1477360895351.jpg
186KB, 1149x806px
>>57236815
Already tried it. Totally pointless.
>>
File: 1452375220743.png (374B, 153x78px) Image search: [Google]
1452375220743.png
374B, 153x78px
>>57236799
Get a distro which respects your freedoms.
>>
>>57226776
Is it possible to launch two applications from one KDE quicklaunch widget?
>>
>>57236799
>Hardened Gentoo's purpose is to make Gentoo viable for highly secure, high stability production server environments. This project is not a standalone project separated from the rest of Gentoo. Instead, it is intended to be a team of Gentoo developers who are focused on delivering solutions to Gentoo that provide strong security and stability. These solutions will be available in Gentoo once they've been tested for security and stability by the Hardened team.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just use regular gentoo?
>>
>>57236813
nope both uncommented, the GRUB_GFXMODE was on "auto"
>>
>>57236864
Yes it does. I did it entirely for the challenge, just like LFS. My normalfag daily use distro on my primary laptop is Ubuntu LTS.
>>
>>57236882
mmh thats weird
>>
>>57236799
Time to conquer BSD anon.
>>
>>57236663
Dude the KVM support in the proprietary driver doesn't have anything to do with the framebuffer resolution. simplefb efib uvesafb drivers etc all handle that through the DRM layer. KMS is merely a type of modesetting, it literally doesn't matter if the nvidia driver has it for the framebuffer because it isn't required.
>>
>>57236882
here is the process documented in the archwiki read over it and doublecheck you did everything right
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB/Tips_and_tricks#Setting_the_framebuffer_resolution
>>
>>57236907
>gentoo
>challenge
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1477352444780.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1477352444780.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>5723691
>>
>>57236931
by the way do you have any idea why when you use startx the nvidia logo pops up?
>>
>>57236991
nope no idea. I use the nvidia prop driver aswell and it does not happen on my machine
>>
File: 42398425723-424.png (362KB, 692x617px) Image search: [Google]
42398425723-424.png
362KB, 692x617px
>>57236864
>regular gentoo
>>
how do I install neofetch of mageia?

I'm only used to Ubuntu/Debian variants for the console
>>
File: 1477417835255.jpg (34KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1477417835255.jpg
34KB, 334x393px
>>57236799
>need novel and pointless desktop shenanigans for purpose in life
Just do something productive you mung.
>>
>>57237003
hmm strange, should I try installing the open source ones?

>>57236970
GRUB_GFXMODE=1024x768x32
what's the x32 part of it (taken from the wiki)
>>
>>57237117
Where's the fun in that?
>>
>>57237130
colour depth
>>
>>57237130
WIDTHxHEIGHTxBITS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_depth
>>
>>57237203
>>57237190

so on compaq presario cq60 would it be 32 also?
>>
>>57237087
>mageia
lol
>>
>>57237130
depends on your card. older yards are usually well supported but new one not so much.
Use these sites to find out how good the support for your card is:
https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/CodeNames/
https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/FeatureMatrix/
>>
>>57237242
install gentoo
>>
>>57237234
I have nvidia 8200m
>>
>>57237223
Probably 24-bit, 32-bit is 24 + 8 (transparency)

Run:
xwininfo -root | grep Depth:
>>
>>57237248
that card belongs to the nv50 family and according to the feature matrix is well supported
>>
>>57237292
xwininfo: can not set locale properly
xwininfo: error: unable to parse display name""

>>57237300
so which depth should I put? 24 bit or something else?
>>
>>57237292
>(transparency)
when storing graphics, the last 8 bits is typically for transparency, but in memory/video cards, the last 8 bits is just padding, to allow for simpler, 32bit-aligned values (which is sometimes also faster than working with 24bit values)

the actual picture is identical to 24bit
>>
>>57237346
You don't even need to specify the color depth, it's optional.
>>
>>57237231
what's wrong with it?
I'm distro-hopping atm
>>
>>57236882
did you check if the mode you are trying to use is supported?
>>
hey /fglt/, what is the best distro for beginners?
I heard ubuntu has spyware and mint has security problems so what are the alternatives?
>>
>>57237510
Ubuntu doesn't have spyware.
>>
>>57237510
gentoo
>>
>>57237510
Distros made for beginners are always shit. But go with Ubuntu, make sure Amazon stuff is disabled or maybe remove it and have fun.
>>
>>57237510
they are both fine. neckbears just have tantrums.
>>
>>57237543
bait
>>
>>57237510
Get Ubuntu Mate. Spyware is just in Ubuntu Unity.
>>57237521
Is has. Disabled != Removed.
>>
>>57237553
how is that bait. Ubuntu and Mint are still 100 fold better than windows which a majority of people using those two are coming from.
>>
>>57237510
Manjaro with Xfce
>>
>>57237459
how
>>57236514
when I use
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
it gives some errors that it's unable to read superblock and didn't specify my ufs filesystem
>>
File: 1447036177538.png (266KB, 491x404px) Image search: [Google]
1447036177538.png
266KB, 491x404px
>>57237533
I have a low opinion of Gentoo GNU/Linux.

Gentoo is a GNU/Linux distribution, but its developers don't recognize this; they call it "Gentoo Linux". That means they are treating me and the GNU Project disresepectfully.

More importantly, Gentoo steers the user towards nonfree programs, which is why it is not one of our recognized free distros.
>>
>>57237596
>>57237596
>how

sudo hwinfo --framebuffer
>>
>linux
http://falkvinge.net/2013/11/17/nsa-asked-linus-torvalds-to-install-backdoors-into-gnulinux/
nope.png
>>
File: 1464777141163.png (4MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1464777141163.png
4MB, 3000x3000px
>>57237678
>nsa-asked-linus-torvalds-to-install-backdoors-into-gnulinux/
>linus-torvalds
>into-gnulinux/
Holy shit normies. When talking about the kernel alone, it's just Linux. Jesus christ it really isn't that difficult.
>>
>>57237755
but they asked for a backdoor in gnu/linux
>>
>>57237678
the kernel is open source so everyone would be able to see if there were backdoors
>>
File: richard nixon hates reddit.jpg (861KB, 1533x1080px) Image search: [Google]
richard nixon hates reddit.jpg
861KB, 1533x1080px
>The Unicode standard defines a number of characters that conforming applications should recognize as line terminators:
>LF: Line Feed, U+000A
>VT: Vertical Tab, U+000B
>FF: Form Feed, U+000C
>CR: Carriage Return, U+000D
>CR+LF: CR (U+000D) followed by LF (U+000A)
>NEL: Next Line, U+0085
>LS: Line Separator, U+2028
>PS: Paragraph Separator, U+2029

Man what the fuck. WHY?
>>
>>57237787
Actually not. Linux has many binary blobs.
>>
What are the first (up to) 15 packages you guys install on a fresh, clean Arch?
>>
>>57237818
wget to download Debian.
>>
Just how unfriendly are nvidia drivers in linux? The perf/wattage is just too wide for me to reasonably choose amd, but I don't want to fight drivers just to have no screen tearing or use wine or something. So how bad are nvidia drivers exactly?
>>
File: 1477352257178.gif (1MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1477352257178.gif
1MB, 280x210px
>>57237830
>>
>>57237818
lynx https://getfedora.org
>>
>>57237818
>he fell for the arch meme
wake up senpai
>>
>>57237818

If you have to ask it means you don't need that operating system. It also means you didn't install it and read the documentation.
>>
Is there a program like vrms but for kernel modules?
>>
>>57235586
couchtuner
>>
>>57237927
You can lsmod to get a list of modules and then modinfo each one to see the license
>>
>>57237814
Without binaries it wouldn't run on many hardwares. What you can do is supervise the incoming/outgoing traffic and check for suspicious connections
>>
>>57237830
Sure, I'd set the download directory /dev/null
>>
>>57238065
Nice idea for a new script. Thanks.
>>
>>57237818
SMPlayer, Chromium, gedit, evince, engrampa, ufw, qBittorrent, Virtualbox, Viewnior etc
>>
>>57235625
Android is an operating system that uses Linux as its kernel, but other than that, it's completely different and incompatible with GNU/Linux (aka every Linux distro, like Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Arch, etc).

>>57237632
True, but it's still an excellent distro for other reasons and you can configure it to only use stuff with free software licenses.

>>57237812
Edge cases and/or historical compatibility.
>>
>>57238136
>SMPlayer
get mpv
>Chromium
get icecat or ff nightly
>gedit
use vim
>evince
that shit cant even epub, get mupdf
>viewnoir
use mpv
>>
>>57238237
no
>>
>>57238237
>do you use something that already works?
>switch to something else to be a hipster
Why? You give no reasoning beyond that evince can't open epub formatted files.
>>
>>57238136
>qBittorrent
>no deluge
RIP anon
>>
>>57238237
>mpv
SMPlayer = mpv + GUI + Decent control panel
>icecat
Cancer
>Vim
Garbage time sink
>mpv
I'd rather use VLC to view images

>>57238306
Who the fuck used epub? PDF is the industry standard.
Also,
>No bookmarks
>No page annonation
>Doesn't open from the last opened page
>No .desktop entry

0/10

>>57238346
>deluge
LMAO enjoy your python
>>
>>57230203
this
>>
how do I install software from outside the package manager on Mandriva/Mageia

whatever I try I can't get it working and the stuff listen in the RPMdrake is pretty basic.

I keep getting "no package" for everything I try using urpmi

I'm only used to Ubuntu based stuff and apt-get
>>
>>57238400
./configure
make
make install
install gentoo
>>
>>57238400
*Debian based
>>
>>57238400
>Debibabby out in the wild
>Can't install packages
Color me surprised
>>
>>57238505
rude
>>
>>57238494

>>57238494

>>57238494

>Busybox cuccs BTFO
>>
How so I install AMD switchable graphics drivers?
Sudo apt-get install fglrx does nothing
>>
>>57238505
How will I learn? Even Arch makes installing from the command line fairly easy
>>
>>57238684
Install Gentoo, it's the next step
>>
>>57238684
>>57238715
>arch
>gentoo
edgy kids cancer
>>
>>57238725
Caught a live debibabby
>>
>>57238400
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/URPMI
>>
>>57238725
>edgy kids cancer
is that how you dismiss everything?
>>
>>57238725
>edgy kids cancer
Do you see void/alpine/OpenBSD mentioned anywhere?
>>
>>57238684
Install small programs without a package manager.
>>
File: jon_hall_dia3_3[1].png (172KB, 300x321px) Image search: [Google]
jon_hall_dia3_3[1].png
172KB, 300x321px
So this guy was giving a conference in my uni today.
Is he famous or something? I wanted to go but I had an important class
>>
dubs, checkem:
>>57238900
>>57238900
>>57238900
>>
>>57238919
>just dubs
>>
>>57238879
>he doesn't know mad dog
>>
How well (performance, crashes) would Skyrim work in Wine in Debian? Need muh gaymen.
Thread posts: 309
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.