[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help /g/ I recently build a desktop for a friend, an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: Comparison.jpg (95KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
Comparison.jpg
95KB, 500x499px
I need help /g/

I recently build a desktop for a friend, an i5 6600k/GTX 1060 combo. The issue is that every single time I try to load any game the entire screen becomes pixelated. If I exit the game and turn the screen off and on then it fixes it, but it will fuck up again as soon as I try to load any game.

I have tried different HDMI ports, different cable, and every windows and Nvidia setting I can. The screen is a Sony 1080p tv, and this tv works perfectly with my desktop when I use the same HDMI cable and input.

The pic shows what I'm talking about. Top is actually a screenshot of when it was messed up, but the screenshot doesn't reflect the issue. Bottom is a picture I took of the screen that was at the same time as the top screenshot.
>>
OP here. Forgot to mention that this same HDMI output on the card, same HDMI cord, but plugged into my LG 1080 monitor works perfectly fine without any issues. It only seems to happen with the Sony tv, which is odd since I have used it with my own desktop for years, and with other computers before it.
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>57225128
what modes does your TV support?
>>
>>57225168
What do you mean by modes?

It supports 720p, 1080i, and 1080p if that's what you mean.
>>
OP here again. Tried some more things with no luck.Turning sound via HDMI off or on makes no difference, different HDMI cables makes no difference, and all the HDMI inputs have the same result.

Also tried an older driver for the video card with no luck. and a wipe and fresh install of either driver version makes no difference.
>>
>>57225322
Tried playing at a different resolution?
>>
>>57225111
install gentoo
>>
>>57225337
Only 2 games installed on this desktop since it was just built, but here's what I got.

If I try New Vegas at 720 then it doesn't have this pixelation issue. If I try LoL at ANY resolution it still has the same issues.
>>
>>57225130
>>57225430
Thanks /g/, helpful as always.

If you guys are actually helpful I'll go put gentoo on my laptop instead of my Mint/Win8.1 dual boot.
>>
>new vegas and LoL
Sorry that your friend has Asperger's.
You know he's going to get worse, and in time, you too will leave him.
>>
>>57225615
Yeah, not my desktop so I don't give a fuck what games they have. They will get more, those were just games they had on their old laptop.

I'm more concerned with this display issue than what games they have.
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>57225641
Yeah I know a faggot just like that.

Anyway that sucks, I had issues building my rig, PSU was DOA and I RMA'd the mobo cause dumbass. Just send the thing back to newegg or wherever for a replacement.
>>
>>57225698
I don't think the card is the issue though.

It works fine using the same cable and output on my LG monitor at the same resolution. It also works when using DVI instead of HDMI.
>>
>>57225726
tv is probably shit and he should just get a budget monitor
>>
>>57225780
Same TV, input, and cable has been confirmed to work with 2 other computers.
>>
kill yourself OP fuck off no one likes you go fuckj youself you fucking little bitch >:{
>>
>>57225797
he should still get a monitor for PC shit lol

i would say try DVI or display port and see if issue persists

if it does its the TV is probably just old as shit. could also take out card and use onboard hdmi output to see if issue is TV or card
>>
>>57225111
>"I'll just take a pic of this, bro. I have a friend who knows about this kind of thing."
>>
>>57225111
>nvidia
there's your problem
>>
It doesn't matter if you think or they say the tv is 1080p or 4k. What matters is what resolutions it supports. I have an old panny plasma 2005 2006 or so and it's resolution doesn't go higher than true 720p. Sure it plays 1080p. Doesn't matter. Get the resolution and set the 1060 to native res. See if it works.
>>
>>57225836
>AMD

enjoy your no anything low reindering and shitty heat management i bet you have an MSI motherboard and a seagate hard disk as well
>>
>>57225822
Works fine with DVI.

But the tv works via HDMI with same cable and input with my desktop just fine, as well as with my laptop.
>>
>>57225864
then dont use HDMI, problem solved

and tell a nigga to get a not shit monitor, theyre like $150-200
>>
sounds like your Sorny tv has some upscaling shit turned on
>>
change the pixel scaling in the nvidia settings until it looks right einstein
>>
>>57225111
You don't have 3D on by any chance do you?
>>
>>57225852
If I set it to native it goes to 1920x1080. The tv is 1080, I connected my desktop to it and it would run games in 1080 using the same cable and input. Tested it with my laptop as well and it also went to 1080.

>>57225880
If the tv works for 2 other computers than obviously there is some issue besides the tv, plus can't use sound over DVI.

>>57225891
Checked all the settings, no up scaling, stretching, ect.

>>57225908
Already tried that, made no difference.

>>57225923
Nope.
>>
>>57225959
>plus can't use sound over DVI

>using TV speakers

>2016
>>
>>57225971
Yeah I know.

Once again this isn't my setup, so I don't give a fuck what they use for speakers or a monitor. I'm just trying to help them figure out the issue because I'm not as asshole and try to help my friends, even if they are poorfags with shit tastes.
>>
>>57225998
DVI and $10 desktop speakers for short term at least

or display port. card should have came with one, my 960 did years ago
>>
>>57226015
The TV doesn't have display port.

They have a shit pair of $10 speakers and for now will use them plus DVI, but those speakers are even worse sounding than the tv speakers.

Plus with this being a new build we would really like to at least know what is wrong so we know for sure if it's the TV or a driver issue or what. I would normally agree with TV issue, but if I connect my desktop it doesn't have any of these issues which makes it seem like the TV is okay.
>>
>>57226039
something something card is too new something else tv is too old

i would bet it would work with a recent production tv
>>
>>57226068
The monitor it works with is older than the TV. Another build with a 390 works with it as well, and that's not really much older than the 1060.
>>
>>57225111
I3 6100 + gtx 1070 would have been better, but I guess there's always going to be idiots out there...
>>
>>57226144
6600k and Fury Nitro here, did I do gud?
Couldn't get a fucking 480 and wasn't gonna wait 2 months.
>>
>>57226218
tfw bought a 480 for $164 on newegg
>>
>>57226242
GTX 480
>>
>>57226144
For just gaming yeah, but not if they want to do any video editing, 3d modeling, or rendering.

Besides, at 1080/60hz a 1070 would be stupid amounts of overkill.
>>
>>57226260
Oh. I was talking about this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137032
>>
File: nigger just.png (259KB, 290x362px) Image search: [Google]
nigger just.png
259KB, 290x362px
>>57226298
Jeez. Non-reference too. I cucked myself but -JUST- couldn't wait any longer. You probably got a $15/$25 discount for using visa/mastercard/paypal checkout too, right?

>tfw I bought an over the top $500 monitor to go with my fury on an impulse, and they had the $25 off deal the very next fucking day. AND THEN not even a week later the Fury was $50 off as well.
>>
>>57226325
$25 discount code $20 MIR
>>
File: speccy.png (46KB, 882x614px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
46KB, 882x614px
>>57226343
I actually wrote them about this fuckery and exchanged a couple emails before the cs rep told me I wasn't eligible because I didn't use their whatever payment method.

I just fucking gave up at that point because I shouldn't have had to explain to them that I would have signed up for an account for that shit if I had known about the deal.

1.5% cashback from my credit card, but still better than nothing. I didn't set a budget and got in over my head. Bought it piece by piece and the last thing to get was a GPU/monitor. Don't do that because you'll jump on a deal you "have" to have like I did. Still no regrets yet though.
>>
>>57226394
>pretty good pc
>aero disabled
>>
>>57225558
/g/ is not your personal support, now, you have to go back.
>>
>>57226422
Yeah I turned the themes shit and a few more things off because svchost kept using 30/40% of the cpu randomly and it pissed me off. Didn't want to deal with fixing/reinstalling.

All in all cost me around $1600. Kind of wishing I'd gone i7 for all I spent on it as saving $100 seems trivial now.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qBTH2R
>>
>>57226584
Try disabling windows update service?
>>
>>57225239
change it to 1080P
>>
>>57226615
I did but just wanted to be sure lol. I'll give themes another shot though might be easier on the eyes.
>>
>>57225111
>GTX 1060
theres the problem
>>
>>57225856
nice spelling pajeet
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.