[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dropped my laptop, got quoted 350 for repair. Fuck that, reccomend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (20KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 329x329px
Dropped my laptop, got quoted 350 for repair.

Fuck that, reccomend me a decent laptop. I'm thinking a Thinkpad. Must have decent processor and RAM upgradability.
>>
>>57219805
2012 Macbook :^)
>>
I have a better solution: just hang yourself. No more laptop problems guaranteed or your money back!
>>
>>57219805
use sharp point on broken laptop to kys
>>
>>> /tpg/
>>
>>57219805
T420 master race. Slap 8Gb of RAM in that puppy and you're good to go.
>>
unless its in pieces, just fix it yourself
>>
>>57219805
I own a T410, T420, and a X230.

Cannot possibly recommend X230 enough. Light, good battery life (I'm clocking about 8 or so hours). Very cheap, most likely already comes with a SSD.
>>
>>57219805
How the fuck would dropping a laptop incur the kind of damage that $350 could repair? You say this as someone that is comfortable adding in RAM later on. The fuck happened to it?
>>
>>57219805
>not fixing shit yourself
Why are you even here?
>>
>>57220537
Board repair i.e. water damage clocks that much if it's intensive/you send it to Rossman group.
>>
>>57220487
Looked promising, then I saw

>graphics card not does not support W10

Regrettably I do need Hyper-V, and thus I need to use by W10 pro copy. Anything else you can reccomend?
>>
>>57220537
Screen is 200 alone. The rest is various ports and shit that no longer work that need to be resoldered.
>>
>>57220580
T4/X260, big/small
Also obligatory
>>>>>W10
You do know Linux does VMs handily
>>
>>57220580
>buying a thinkpad just to put windows on it

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>57220580
I have an X260 with 16GB. Real nice, small, huge battery, and only cost about 3 times that of a used Thinkpad.

Can't talk about it on /g/ without getting flamed tho...
>>
What does /g/ think about T440(s) or even the newer one like T450? I want a ThinkPad but the soon to be 6 year old T420 seems, well, old.
>>
>>57220616
T430 seems perfect. Any thoughts on it?
>>
>>57220877
Keyboard layout's crap compared to the 20 series
>>
>>57220900
to add, they're switchable.
as well, watch out for TN panels. you won't get above 65% sRGB gamut with even an IPS, as well.
>>
>>57219805
Anything whatever you can get for that price at best specs, but keep this parameters:
>Long warranty
>The best graphic card you can get for this price
>Changeable CPU & Upgradeable RAM
>Avoid Acer, even with long warranty you gonna curse these laptops
>>
>>57219805
What's the point of asking if you're just going to fall for the Thinkpad meme
>>
>>57221015
>>57221184
Not OP but I'd like some suggestions. I'm thinking about a daily driver in the 14-15" range, one that can handle some gaming once ME4 comes out, so preferably discrete graphics.
Am i right to be looking into thinkpads or is there a better place to be looking
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.