[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I have never pirated photoshop or office Tech stuff you will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 1476724653264.jpg (218KB, 1436x674px) Image search: [Google]
1476724653264.jpg
218KB, 1436x674px
>I have never pirated photoshop or office
Tech stuff you will never hear - The Thread
>>
tfw i have never pirated photoshop or office since i used gimp and got word 2007 with my 3rd PC and used openoffice/libreoffice before/later
>>
>>57215420
>>57215460
It is true. 99% chance you never murdered people on the high seas just to get "Photoshop" or "Office".

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy
>>
But I haven't...
>>
>>57215471
>you never murdered people on the high seas just to get "Photoshop" or "Office".

Speak for yourself, pussy.
>>
>>57215420
>I never advocated for race war on the internet.
>I don't own, and never own a fake account.
>I never ṕretended to be a girl on the internet and make gay virtual sex for lulz.
>>
>>57215471
>sperging this hard
>>
I never pirated photoshop, but have used office in the past.
They have a good spreadsheet which everyone uses and the format is so bad that you cannot make something that is compatible.
The rest of the suite is worthless junk intended for normies who are too idiotic to care.
>>
Windows 10 is best Windows. It was so nice of Microsoft to just give it away.
>>
Arch is so good lol
>>
vim is so easy to use
>>
>>57215674
But it is
>>
>>57215692
I think the same
but I have never heard it
>>
>>57215655
Eh my win 10 installations have always gone to shit eventually.
>>
>>57215471
I support Stallman and free software but he really needs to realize people use some popular terms that everybody understands to describe some subjects, and those terms don't really need to be 100% accurate and politically correct in order for everyone to understand each other. Especially if people pirating software are really ok with this term.
>>
>>57215790
Stallman is the kind of person who would correct someone for using "who" instead of "whom" every single time without shame.
>>
File: 1475075163317.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475075163317.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>MS gives free Office 365 to any student/teacher or anyone in education
>Shitty Eastern European University doesn't issue e-mails

REEEEEEEEEEEÈE
>>
>>57215818
Just use KMS.
>>
>>57215807
He is the kind of person who would correct you so often about "who"/"whom" you would ask him to leave.
>>
>I paid for WinRAR
>>
>>57215832
>>57215807
>>57215790
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>57215807
>Stallman
I meet him in Brazil a time ago (FISL).
The guy is a prick. He force the hotel staff to set up his shitty inflatable mattress, charge people to take a picture (actually i don't give a fuck), farts during discussion and think this is okay.
He also don't understand shit about technology, he is just a prick living on leeching the community.
And he is also a attention whore. He can't live without people following him every steep. If you let him alone for 5 minutes he start to sing some stupid song he wrote, or give one of his horrible speeches.

When i meet him, we interrupt an microsoft consultant in open software that actually did something for the community, he manage to gather a shitload of niggers and start a fucking war during his interview. He even take his shoe off and sit in front of the camera to get attention.
He is worse than those feminists infiltrating the open software communities.
>>
>>57215876
I laughed audibly in the real world.
>>
>>57215884
You LOL'd IRL?
>>
>>57215891
Indeed, I did.
>>
>>57215818
Link?
>>
>>57215420
there aren't many people who pirate photoshop because most people don't fucking need it
>>
>>57215471
>I hate homonyms and optimizing words: the article
>>
>>57215489
Found the Somali Sparrow
>>
>>57215968
"Piracy" when applied to describe copyright infringement is simply factually wrong, because it implies theft. Theft, in turn, means to deprive someone of their property. When you infringe on Adobe's copyright by making an unauthorized copy of Photoshop, you are not depriving them of their copyright or anything else.
It's simply factually wrong, a smear word.
>>
>>57215973
>not using a frigate to hijack incoming shipments of boxed Photoshop copies being transported overseas to resell them at a profit while keeping a few for yourself and your crew

It's like you hate saving money.
>>
>>57215988
It's abstract theft. You're preemptively stealing a copy of a license you would've bought in the future. The incorrect assumption is that theft in itself is wrong, even when it's a justified response to something unfair and immoral.
>>
>>57215988

You're stealing labor.
>>
>>57216034
>>57216050
The US Supreme Court disagrees with you.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=473&invol=207
>>
>>57216059
I don't care about the US Supreme Court.
>>
>>57216077
Put forth an alternative legally binding argument then.
>>
File: 0a1.jpg (78KB, 643x820px) Image search: [Google]
0a1.jpg
78KB, 643x820px
>>57216059
>>
I have a story to share with you guys:
Working with IT in Brazil MEANS do piracy shit. My first work was in some small insurance company with 20~ machines running pirate windows, pirate office (full pack).
I was always scared of receive the "Microsoft police", until some day they actually come.
I was in my room browsing some foruns when my phone ring. Secretary told me that there is 3 guys who come from the capital of my state and want to speak with me.
I get here and shake their hands, they told me that they work for Microsoft and receive an denounce that I may be running some illegal software copies in the company, and they want to install a software in one of our servers to see how many machines have illegal products (wish means all of them except from my computer and the servers)
I was terrified. I know if i let them come in, i will not only lose my job, but shut down the entire business (licenses are pretty expensive here in Brazil, and we didn't make heighten money to buy all those licenses in few weeks)
Then, for some reason i ask them if they have a mandate to come in.
They said that they did not have, but they wanted to come in to see. Then I tell them to fuck off (i was scared, really send them fuck off).
They just stand there looking at me. They have no words. They can't do shit without profs that i may be running illegal software.

I don't need to say that i feel my balls grow that day. They did come few more times, but i was ready to do all over again. Never get in trouble even before i left the company.
>>
File: 14213412.jpg (83KB, 1268x713px) Image search: [Google]
14213412.jpg
83KB, 1268x713px
>>57216096
>>
>>57216103
Windows users will defend this
>>
>>57216128
Dude, I am a linux user since my 14. But all people in my work really on Windows. I could not do shit, just protect my job, and my company.
When i explain what happen to my boss, he take me to a expensive bar to taste hand crafted beers from all around the world. I feel really bad when left the job 2 year latter.
>>
>>57216096
TLDR:

Since the statutorily defined property rights of a copyright holder have a character distinct from the possessory interest of the owner of simple "goods, wares, [or] merchandise," interference with copyright does not easily equate with theft, conversion, or fraud. The infringer of a copyright does not assume physical control over the copyright nor wholly deprive its owner of its use. Infringement implicates a more complex set of property interests than does run-of-the-mill theft, conversion, or fraud.
>>
>>57215940
http://www.ukim.edu.mk/en_struktura.php

Faculties are autonomous and have separate websites. Pick whichever department strikes your fancy.
>>
>>57216183
>http://www.ukim.edu.mk/en_struktura.php
wtf is that
>>
>>57216158
You saved his company. Beer is a small price to pay.
>>
>>57215471
Not a fan of this new meme.
>>
>>57215471
>. If you install GNU/Linux on the same computer, it is still a PC.

>The term “WC” has been suggested for a computer running Windows.

This is a joke page right? WC means toilet. Hes just taking the piss out off microsoft. This definitely is a joke page.
>>
>>57219517
>gnu.org

No shit.
>>
>>57216103
Your response should be
>Right, you are from Microsoft and you just arrive at company's doorstep asking to install software on their mainframe
>Should I also give our clients and employees info alongside access to our bank account?
>>
why would you pirate photoshop when CS2 is free
>>
>>57221679
i have a copy of cs5 as my main, i stopped giving a fuck about the new versions since all they seem to do is make them slow as fuck.
>>
>>57221679
didn't know any of that

downloading
thank you mate
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.