[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been told a couple times that code will end, event

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: AI_2-2.jpg (485KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
AI_2-2.jpg
485KB, 1600x1066px
I've been told a couple times that code will end, eventually in a few decades we won't need to know how to code to make programs thanks to machine learning

Now, as a CS student, that will probably affect my life significantly

How long will we need programmers?

Also, obligatory wired article:
>https://www.wired.com/2016/05/the-end-of-code/
>>
>>57212577
When that day comes, all jobs will be obsolete
>>
>>57212656
Fucking /thread
Humans will be obsolete one that day.
>>
Computer, write me a program to diaplay this thing this specific way. It needs to have these specifications with these specific design elements and all these UI features and... screw it, I'll just write it myself.
>>
>>57212577
Everything ends eventually anon
>>
>>57212577
By the time this actually comes true, all humans will be obsolete and we'll be second class citizens in a world designed, and run by machines, for machines.
>>
>>57212789
I imagine it'll actually come slightly before that
>>
>>57212577

Who the fuck will maintain the code? Or is this some kind of perfect play situation? Where suddenly ever problem has been solved and we are just rearranging after that.

Also I am not sure machine learning will take off without a hardware revolution/evolution. I still think its moving so fast now because of low hanging fruit. And will slow down as we work through the domain and range these kind of solutions can handle.
>>
>>57212717
Yes, but WHEN
>>
>>57212963
>I am not sure machine learning will take off without a hardware revolution/evolution
that's what hardware neural network chips are for
>>
>>57213198
What good is any amount of time when compared to an eternity of nonexistence?
>>
>>57213198
heat death of the universe
/thread
>>
>>57213280
Why don't you just kill yourself then.
>>
>>57213840
I would but what's the point?
>>
>>57214252
There doesn't have to be any point to anything.
>>
You're CS, what do you care about code? You're here for algorithms, right? Algorithms aren't going away.
>>
>>57212577
Nothing matters. Do what you like. Life is short. Even shorter than you think.
>>
>>57212577
This sounds like some normie fantasy.

"Hey there is no point learning all that code stuff, soon I will be able to turn my million dollar app idea into reality by just talking to my computer!"
>>
I think we will firstly see AI assisted compiler optimizations
>>
>>57214753
This. " OK Google make an app that tinder but for food!!1!"
Someone will need to program the software that programs the software that programs software. Wired doesn't know shit theyre still blind that VR is shit.
>>
>>57212577
>Now, as a CS student, that will probably affect my life significantly

The odds that tech will kill most jobs are much, much lower than the odds that tech will kill programming.

There will always be something to program. If some sort of drag-and-drop app-building thing comes along which doesn't suck, there will be higher-level languages involved to modify it. And they're still going to be programming jet fighters and accounting software in C.
>>
In the 50s they thought we would have flying cars by now. How'd that turn out?
>>
>>57212577
>as a CS student
why the fuck do you even care ? do you plan on failing and ending up as a programmer ?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.