[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fucking dog literally ate my laptop. keyboard and screen. screen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

fucking dog literally ate my laptop. keyboard and screen. screen is trashed but rest of it works, i plugged it to TV it still works but keyboard and touch pad is fucking gone!

What i'm suppose to do now? can i just buy outer shell and screen or am i suppose to buy parts one by one and assemble then hope they will work?
>>
>>57207345
You could probably find a replacement screen and keyboard on ebay for any laptop (if your laptop has a replaceable keyboard that is).

And replacing them really isn't that hard. At most it's just finicky with the thin plastic bezels.
>>
>>57207345
Did you hit him real hard opie?
>>
>>57207393
problem is, i couldn't find screen, keyboard and outer shell. checked both amazon and ebay. is it possible to replace with another laptop shell?
>>
I wouldn't try to rescue it. It's going to be a lot of work (as in wall clock time, not actual work time) for something that might not result in anything. That is, unless tinkering with borken parts is cool. It might be fun, just not my thing.

Is there a reason why you can't just use a USB keyboard and mouse and the external monitor?
>>
>>57207442
Big boy makes a doody
>>
>>57207470
i'm fine with keyboard n mouse but witout the screen it feels like useless because i carry it around all the time school, work etc.

also can you give me ideas where can i found outer shell all together, but no one by one
>>
>>57207522
You could just buy one that doesn't work and plop the motherboard in there.
>>
>>57207345

sell the dog and buy a new laptop
>>
>>57208052
To a Korean restaurant.
>>
>>57207345
Now you'll understand /g/ wasn't just memeing around about Thinkpads.
There was supposed to be a picture of a news article where man kills his wife with Thinkpad but I don't find it.
>>
>>57207345

buy a broken "spares or repairs" laptop of your same model (or extremely close to it) where only the motherboard is broken and swap your motherboard/internals out to the new one

replacing the screen/casing is nowhere near as economical

either way, this is only possible if you didn't buy a cheap chink shit laptop which cook up 10 different models every month depending on what's available on the shenzhen market that day when they're buying parts

>>57207465
>is it possible to replace with another laptop shell?

no, even something like replacing the screen can be a nightmare which is why you have to get the parts from essentially the same model you have now

>>57207522

buy a new laptop, take screen off of current one, enjoy your new quiet ~60w server
>>
>>57208067
soap factory
>>
>>57208115
The articles don't say that it was a thinkpad
>http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/town-and-country-man-admits-beating-wife-to-death-with/article_fce19878-10c9-5191-8159-5c6cadd397e4.html
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2805374/Insurance-executive-sentenced-30-years-admitted-beating-wealthy-wife-death-LAPTOP-strapped-cash-having-affair.html
>http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/wife-battered-death-laptop-cheating-4704963
>>
>>57208298
We need some memes to believe
>>
>>57207345
>fucking dog literally ate my laptop
how
>>
>>57207345
build a kennel and make the dog pay for it
>>
>>57208319
It doesn't say whether or not it was a thinkpad used as the murder weapon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.