[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best options for a high refresh rate IPS monitor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Predator-XB271HU_sku_main.png (240KB, 536x536px) Image search: [Google]
Predator-XB271HU_sku_main.png
240KB, 536x536px
What are the best options for a high refresh rate IPS monitor with gsync?

Looking at the XB271HU from ACER and the Asus ROG Swift PG279Q. The latter seems to have QC issues from reviews.

Is there something better coming out soon? I plan to buy either tomorrow or a bit before Christmas.
>>
File: PG279Q.jpg (38KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
PG279Q.jpg
38KB, 600x578px
>>57206230

Came to post the exact same fucking thing

Both seem around £700

Apparently newer models of the PG279Q in March fixed a lot of problems
>>
>>57206292
Ya I was going to go with the ASUS till I saw the Amazon reviews. I'm staying away from 4k for awhile until the tech catches up.

I wanted something GSYNC too because I plan to buy a 1080 ti when they come out in spring.
>>
>>57206317

Yeah I read the Amazon reviews too which mostly seem to be of the pre-March 2016 models, have read a few reviews about the new model which seems a lot better
>>
This. You don't really need higher than 100Hz. Anything past 100Hz is really diminishing returns and it's hard to tell the difference between 100Hz and 144Hz+ ect.
>>
>>57206346
PG348Q? Not a big fan of the huge curved monitors. Too much of a pain in the ass with some games.
>>
>>57206346
>>57206404
Also to add I know the 100 vs144hz doesn't matter for gsync but I'd like to have a minimum of 120hz for the ULMB if I enable it. My eyes tend to die after a few hours with the lower strobe rates.
>>
>>57206404

Curved is objectively better as long as you're in the center. What's a pain in the ass with some games? That don't support ultra wide? There's fixes for every game as long as you have 60 seconds of spare time.
>>
>>57206491
I've been PC gaming since the late 90s. Nothing frustrated as much as when I decide it'd be a good idea to be a Win10 early adapter. Since then I go for the route of knowing it'll work over the "there's a patch honest!" any day.
>>
File: john-oliver-614x412[1].jpg (51KB, 614x412px) Image search: [Google]
john-oliver-614x412[1].jpg
51KB, 614x412px
>it's 2016
>manufacturers are still allowed to ship panels that are literally defect

Thanks EU
>>
>>57206532

I've been a PC gamer since the late 80s with an old ass Apple II or some shit. You don't need to wait for a patch as long as you can use Nvidia Inspector or some other shit.
>>
>>57206230
Unless you want to be playing the "return until I get a good panel" game, I do NOT recommend either of those monitors. PARTICULARLY the Asus. I went through 3 of those fucking things, ALL of them fucking had dead pixels and dreadful backlight bleed. These were all obtained over the course of June-July, I should add. The Acer is better in this regard, but it still has a fairly high rate of QC issues, and Acer customer support is fucking garbage.

Honestly, unless you really -need- IPS for graphics design work or something, I would heavily recommend the Dell S2716DG. It's got everything you're looking for sans IPS. For a TN panel, it's capable of some really nice colors with a bit of tweaking (although, be forewarned, it'll look terrible out of the box), and the viewing angles are actually pretty fucking good. Definitely one of the best TN panels out there. More than anything, you can be almost certain that you're not going to get a piece of shit panel. I'm very happy with it, especially after the nightmare those Asus monitors were.

If you're dead-set on an IPS panel, then just make sure you buy from a website with a very solid return policy (be sure to check their dead pixel return policy), and pray that you win the panel lottery. Unfortunately, you're not really going to find anything else in that particular category of monitors that doesn't have QC issues, hence the Dell recommendation.
>>
>>57206642
Or I can stick with the traditional 16:9 and not worry about my monitor at all.
>>
>>57206655
Oh, and I would also like to add that, in my particular case, the QC issues with the ASUS monitors extended past just panel defects; there was a terrible black screen flicker on one of the monitors, and some signal interference fuckery (probably just a bad cable) on the other.

I dunno, maybe I'm just particularly unlucky.
>>
>>57206655
>>57206706
Do these monitors come with display port cables are did you use your own?
>>
>>57206721
Yes, they do. In the case of one of my Asus monitors, however, I think the cable it came with was fugged, since I was getting some signal interference issues.
>>
>>57206808
Damn I need a monitor and I don't want to deal with this lottery shit. Well I know amazon CS will be good at least if I buy the Asus or Acer.
>>
>>57206832
Yeah, it's a huge pain in the cock. You might be one of the lucky ones and get a perfect monitor the first time you order, or you might end up like me and have 3 solid strikes. One other thing, even if you get a panel without any dead/stuck pixels, you're pretty much certain to get one with backlight bleed; it's just a question of -how much-.

If you just need a monitor and don't want to fuck around with the panel lottery, I'd like to once more pitch the S2716DG. It's a very solid choice despite the lack of IPS.
>>
>>57206891
The Dell looks good but why would I buy it over the other TN options?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.