[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got my new Alienware 17 R4 last week. I intended, primarily,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1474854496984.jpg (266KB, 905x881px) Image search: [Google]
1474854496984.jpg
266KB, 905x881px
I just got my new Alienware 17 R4 last week. I intended, primarily, on using it to learn programming through OSS. I'm 24 with no college or skills so programming is my last hope of becoming something.

I haven't had a PC in years though and so far I've spent the entire first week playing games like league of legends. I'm at work now but I feel like its gonna take the discipline of a fucking jedi to sit down and grind lectures instead of playing games.

Does anyone have any programming motivation or anything? I dont want to end up a failure because I couldnt stop playing games.
>>
>I just got my new Alienware 17 R4 last week. I intended, primarily, on using it to learn programming through OSS

If this is bait 8/10
If youre this retarded you cant learn programming just give up
>>
File: ss+(2015-10-16+at+05.35.04).png (269KB, 280x392px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-10-16+at+05.35.04).png
269KB, 280x392px
>>57202867
>alienware
>I'm 24 with no college or skills so programming is my last hope of becoming something.
yeah no you're not getting out of your mom's basement
>>
>>57202879
>>57202890
these two are bait
>>
>>57202867
just uninstall the fucking game you retarded piece of shit

>needing motivation other than not wanting to be a fucking failure
>>
Wtf this cat is more charismatic than me
>>
>>57202867
install temple os
>>
>>57202945
Seems legit.
>>
>>57202867

0 - don't do drugs
1 - learn c++
2 - learn mathematics (lambda calculus is a good start, then linear algebra. watch numberphile on youtube)
3 - learn hardware
4 - never accept that you know anything. you don't. as soon as you think you do, learn something else that challenges you.
live by this rule - if you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.
>>
>>57202998
Yeah, OSS starts with cs50 at Harvard and then a calculus course. I dont do drugs. Including pot.
>>
>>57202867
why would you go out of your way to buy a gaymer laptop if your intention was to use it for learning? You'll never succeed with this sort of attitude
>>
>>57202867
Post pic of Alienware laptop or we don't belive you.
>>
>>57202867
>>>57202998 's step 0 is optional

As for programming motivation, watch The Social Network.
>>
>>57204887
step 0 is NOT optional
>>
In my experience, the best way to learn anything is to have a use for it. For example, I wanted to learn Tkinter, so I wrote a frontend for mpv in it. You want to sort your files? Learn to write a script in python to do so. You would be surprised how much you learn when you actually have an idea and have to implement it.

Find a problem, and then write code to fix it.
>>
File: feelsgoodman.png (177KB, 588x152px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodman.png
177KB, 588x152px
>>57204948
>mfw it really is
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.