[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google can see your browser's history if you use Chrome/ium.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: Untitled.png (172KB, 1280x1410px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
172KB, 1280x1410px
Google can see your browser's history if you use Chrome/ium. The fact that Chromium has this kind of functionality implemented in it is disturbing to say the least.

> Include Chrome browsing history and activity from websites and apps that use Google services
>>
>>57202485
I do not link my google account to chrome. Oops.
>>
File: 1476369569427.png (112KB, 359x393px) Image search: [Google]
1476369569427.png
112KB, 359x393px
>using google services
>having a google account
>wondering why an advertising company is profiling you
>>
>>57202498
That does not stop Google from looking into your history whenever Chrome initiates a connection with Google's servers, be it search, ads, gmail, youtube, etc..

>>57202513
Same as above. You don't need a Google account for them to track you.
>>
File: 483-QJYyLvy.png (651KB, 680x628px) Image search: [Google]
483-QJYyLvy.png
651KB, 680x628px
>giving a shit
Nothing to hide m8
>>
>>57202539
At least if you earned something from it. You're treated worse than the cheapest whore out there: fucked and left with no money.
>>
>>57202485
You know that this is literally the "sync" feature, right?
>>
File: 090-FH0fYzS.jpg (52KB, 590x660px) Image search: [Google]
090-FH0fYzS.jpg
52KB, 590x660px
>>57202548
They provide me their services for "free", i really couldn't care less if they use my data to make money. You know, people don't work for free.
>>
>>57202485
Nice FUD microshill, but this only happens if you're logged in to google through the browser
>>
>>57202538
When I access Google services from Chrome it is mainly done through incognito. I knew they tend to track rough locations and pinpoint you into a specific (often inaccurate) neighbourhood even without logging in. However each time the window closes it always reset back to the country.
>>
>>57202549
>the "sync" feature
No, it's not that. It's ads based on your history.

>>57202604
No, they can access your history regardless. I don't endorse Microsoft either.

>>57202669
>When I access Google services from Chrome it is mainly done through incognito.
Per session data (history, cookies, etc).
>>
>>57202891
>Per session data
I rarely even use Chrome in non-incognito mode lol. My history page is almost empty other than a few connections to 192.168.1.254. I open and close Chrome way too often, they are going to get almost nothing. Not that it is okay, but I do think I am taking substantial actions to minimize collection.
>>
>>57202485
>Using Google search
Its like you want to be spied on

startpage.com
>>
>>57202485
I have the location history feature online. I find it to be handy. The only thing that bugs me is that it is literally begging for photos if I made one in a certain location.

>I knew they tend to track rough locations and pinpoint you into a specific (often inaccurate) neighbourhood even without logging in.
True. That's why I keep the history on anyway.
>>
>>57202979
They can do that on any page that connects to Google services. Ads for example, analytics, even 4chan (captcha).

>>57202989
>I have the location history feature online. I find it to be handy.
I had it enabled when I traveled in Italy a couple of months ago. Now it's disabled again, I don't have any use for it. It didn't ask me for any photos though (geo tagging is also disabled, probably that's why, also using CyanogenMod)
>>
>>57202891
Non-arguments.
>>
>>57203082
Facts.
>>
>>57203090
ok kid
>>
>>57202485
it's built into chrome. it's not built into chromium. you'd have to SIGN INTO YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT in chromium for this to work.

>ublock origin every option ticked, including tracking
>not signing into chromium
better than most setups
>>
File: Untitled.png (27KB, 530x445px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
27KB, 530x445px
>>57203099
You connect to Google's servers on many webpages. That allow them to extract your hostory from Chromium browser.
>>
>>57203060
Yeah, I'm touring a lot. If it wasn't for the outliers, it would be really awesome.
In the beginning I used it as a kind of tick-off list, for my new neighborhood. That started some months ago, "Hey, Pictures of <insert place name here> are very liked. Please share" I geotag pictures for my own convenience, but I guess that's just the price I'll have to pay for doing that on an android device.
Cyanogen mod is kind of dead now.
>>
>>57203117
oh wow

didn't fucking know that connections cannot be blocked!

fuck off microshill
>>
File: google-logo.jpg (76KB, 1604x802px) Image search: [Google]
google-logo.jpg
76KB, 1604x802px
do NOT uninstall CHROME

delete this
>>
>>57203108
It works in Chromium. You don't have to be signed in for that feature to work.

>>57203137
>Cyanogen mod is kind of dead now.
How come?
>Date Added
>2016-10-22 20:43:36
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=mako

>>57203142
Good luck with captcha and broken functionality on many sites for blocking ajax.googleapis.com .
You can't avoid it on Chromium.
>>
>>57203174
Ikr, that's how I feel about many posters in here (:
>>
>>57203182
>being a captcha shabbos goy
>>
>>57203208
That was one example. You'll find many broken webpages. Parrtly due to incompetent web developers.
>>
>>57203214
no need to visit them :^)
>>
>>57203230
Right. Then no need for a browser at all :^)
>>
>thinking Google won't keep all data stored somewhere regardless
>>
>>57203237
So this has been a non-argument ever since the beginning. Just block all unneeded connections.
>>
>>57203182
>How come?
I just have this one, it's unfortunately German: https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Module-statt-Betriebssystem-Android-Anpasser-Cyanogen-aendert-Strategie-3344994.html
synopsis:
>CM got new boss
>changed strategy
>CM sacked a great part of their OS developers
>produce modules for phone makers, no os's
>many modules are MS

I really don't see how this will end well. Being reliant on something that seems like it's considered a waste product is not really desirable.
>>
>>57203258
You can't do that without breaking many websites from functioning at all. What do you mean by "non-argument". It's either get tracked or no internet for you when it comes to Chromium.

>>57203260
Yeah, but I think it's Cyanogen Inc. developers that got fired. CyanogenMod and its devs are kind of subsidiary, that only get the hosting servers from Cyanogen Inc.
>>
>>57203308
Assuming that full functionality is needed, and assuming that such websites are even needed.

Non-arguments.
>>
>>57203323
And you're assuming that such websites are a minority, which is not the reality, unfortunately.
>>
>>57203308
I am aware of that, but
>CyanogenMod and its devs are kind of subsidiary
is the main problem.
The strategy change will surely have an influence on that infrastructure. The company needs money to function, and they will try all ways to get it. It wouldn't be the first company tossing a working, loved but unmonetarizable product down the gutter for nothing.
>>
>>57203342
And assuming that it's even needed.

Not an argument.
>>
>>57203358
Well, I hope that's not going to be the case.
>>
So what.
>>
>>57202669
>When I access Google services from Chrome it is mainly done through incognito.
lol.
>>
>>57203465
Oh, so you've got nothing to hide.. So boring that it's quite sad actually.
>>
>muh privacy
She's dead jim. Let her go.
>>
>>57204580
No (;
>>
There's only one way out: blocking all Google domains in the hosts file.
>>
>Not disabling web search or other Google tracking """features"""
>syncing your Google account to chromium
>Not turning off all the voluntary tracking settings in chromium
>Not installing extensions such as disconnect which block google analytics
>Not blocking Google domains in your firewall rules
>Not using a VPN subscription and switching servers frequently

Do none of you know how to browse the web?
>>
>>57207074
On your edge device.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.