[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I let go of gayming and become a linux/programming aficionado?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

How do I let go of gayming and become a linux/programming aficionado? Id do it now but muh gaymes
>>
>>57200699
Don't be a child
>>
Realize that all current games really are terrible.
>>
Don't let go of gaming if you genuinely still enjoy it. I realised I hadn't enjoyed it for a couple of years so I let it go.

If you want to use Linux exclusively and save money you would've spent on muh gaming rig then get a console.
>>
>>57200699
install gentoo
>>
>>57200699
trash your gayming pc and get a consioe and a netbook
>>
First you identify which games you play or are expecting to play.

Then you ditch all of that shit and grab retroarch

And then you move to linux

This year has been nothing but garbage for games. And the next will be.
>>
>>57200699
Realize that one day you'll die and playing games is time you will never get back, and if you fuck around then you won't have anything by the time you're 30 and 40
>>
>>57200699
1. Steam
2. GOG
3. WINE+PlayOnLinux
Takes care of 99% games
>>
>>57200699
Making fucking games is more fucking fun than actually playing them. Been game jaming for some time right now, and I can't get much longer excited for a game that I haven't made (besides what Nintendo makes, they fucking nail shit all the time)
>>
>>57200836
Can confirm. Doing ludum dare or something is actually way more fun than just setting yourself a project, at least it is for me. I suppose I could set myself deadlines and such but I'm a retard.
>>
>>57200699

partition your hard drive and dual boot ubuntu along with windows

when you want to gayme just do windows

to learn programming: lots of free college courses on the internet on programming and lots of books too. i think python is the language to start with if you're green

for linux: linux is easy, you can read a book or do what most do and just start using it yesterday
>>
contract autistic hipsterism and then you can install memeos
>>
>>57200721
>Don't let go of gaming if you genuinely still enjoy it. I realised I hadn't enjoyed it for a couple of years so I let it go.
this the right idea
stopped enjoying gaymen a couple of years back and picked up machine learning as a substitute
creating is more fun than consuming
>>
>>57201079
How to install it alongside windows? I don't have this option while installing 14.10
>>
>>57200699
How I stopped gaming is i became rly good at a game, top 0.1% and then slowly started stopping to play. Eventually got bad for my standard, didn't get pleasure sucking at it.

Also install linux.

Sports help too.

OR JUST FUCKING GROW UP.
>>
>>57201145

it works fine, you just choose which os to boot to and they don't bother eachother at all

partition your drive drive in Windows disk manager by "shrinking" your C down, 100 gigs is plenty of room

then boot ubuntu from usb or dvd, and when you are doing your install just use the unallocated 100 gig chunk

10 gig for "/" or root, 2x your ram for swap and you can leave the rest blank or you can make it /home, doesn't matter it will work either way

lots of tutorials on the net that walk you through it that's how i did it though.
>>
>>57201205
Thank you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.