[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here still rocking an iPod? These things were built fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: ED8CAC58[1].jpg (53KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
ED8CAC58[1].jpg
53KB, 960x960px
Who here still rocking an iPod?

These things were built fucking invincible, still get days of constant playback before mine dies off, 5th gen nano with the video camera.

Having locally stored music, on a simple small device that has made it through hundreds of parties and still perfectly alive... definitely something to be said for that.
>>
THank you for Correcting the Record. $0.02 has been deposited into your account.
>>
>using an MP3 player in the age of smartphones

>>57198112
I think you posted this in the wrong thread. CTR wouldn't come here.
>>
>>57198100
Still rocking my second gen Nano. Had a 6th gen one, the small little square screen, but the screen went bust. That was truly the best iPod
>>
I still have my white 20gb click wheel iPod. And I gotta say, good riddance. My phone with 128gb card has higher capacity, can play higher bitrate files, doesn't require iTunes, can use various players and programs, and doesn't require me to carry an additional device.

Unironic mp3 player uses are KEKS, no ifs ands or buts
>>
>>57198149
I was never a fan of the touch screen ones, clickwheel is too comfy.

I know people started wearing them like a watch for a while before the apple watch released though which was cool.
>>
>>57198223
Ehh, I have a smartphone but I have a lot of issues with it. It distracts from every day life for me, way too much going on with it. If I didn't need it for kanji input as a language student I wouldn't own it.
>>
>>57198277
>language student
I knew OP was a waste of oxygen
>>
File: IMG_20161023_0028491.jpg (2MB, 3672x4896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161023_0028491.jpg
2MB, 3672x4896px
I still use the second gen iPod Touch I got in high school. I keep it in the car pretty much all the time, hooked up to the aux jack and suspended from the windshield with one of those chink suction cup things. It's a lot more intuitive and suitable for driving than any music player I've used on my Nexus 5X, and it helps to keep music on a separate device when I've only got 16 gigs of storage to work with on the smartphone.
>>
>Apple will never make products this good again
>Now they only make fashion products with features being secondary
>>
>>57198100
Scrolling through a couple thousand artists was a royal pain in the ass with a scroll wheel. Smartphones are superior in every single way. Option for local or streaming. Million different applications to choose from. Better format support.
>>
>>57198979
honestly they just need to bring some of their patented innovations to ipods again.
storage is exceptionally cheap, streaming is a thing too, so why not take the ipod concept to the extreme?

like, i hate the fact that if i want to listen to music on the go i have to bring my $800 phone. I just want something that if dropped, can be replaced easily. Something that can be submerged for longer periods.

smartphones just aren't superior in this case, they're jack of all trades, it's just that no music player seems to have really found its footing.
>>
I use my ipod nano 3rd gen, but soon will get a sansa clip plus for $36 on amazon and give my ipod to my father. I love the ipod and want a similar experience that has more storage, no itunes and small form factor, and a lot of people seems to like the sansa.
>>
>>57199013
Agreed. Smartphones can take pictures and listen to music, but I have a camera and an mp3 player as well because they can do it better than the phone, the phone is there when I can't acess a camera, mp3 player or computer.
>>
>>57198149
It's like 10 dollars for a screen though
>>
don't have uses for ipods anymore but i like the 5th gen classic, it has that iconic white iPod look before they switched to silver with the aluminum
>>
>>57198100
my ipod touch 4g is ageing very badly. 10% battery life after a full charge after 20 minutes.

damn OP has a good ipod nano
>>
>>57200337
iPod touch 4g had shitty build quality, probably the worst apple has put out in a while. Literally designed to be a $200 kid's toy for muh iOS gaymun.
>>
Rocking a used iPod nano 3rd gen. Only charge it about once month, keep it in my backpack and listen to music whenever. Android misc players don't hold a candle to the iPod and iTunes. A true God tier gadget.
>>
>>57198100
Damn I just remembered now that I had one of those. It's in a drawer somewhere, stopped using it once I got a smartphone. Think I'll dig it out again.
>>
Custom iPod mini, classic, or a first or 7th gen nano or GTFO
>>
>>57201543 here
What can I use to transfer music on this thing that isn't iTunes? I have the 5th gen nano.
>>
I'm still using an iPod classic, the harddrives a little fucked so it freezes every now and then, but I might look into swapping it out and still using the iPod because it's definitely worth it.

>>57198145
>implying smartphones have the capacity to carry remotely enough music
>>
>>57198772
i thought i was the only one that uses the second gen iPod Touch. It reproduces audio a lot better than my Note 4
>>
>>57198100
I have an iPod nano 1st gen,1 gb, battery life is 4 hours and a Shuffle 1st gen, 512 mb battery life is like 10 hours
>>
I still use a second generation shuffle because I have a waterproof case for it and use it for swimming. Even though I have a waterproof Z3C I could use, the shuffle's easier because its so small/light it can clip onto swimming goggles.
>>
still have a third gen shuffle. love it since I can just drag and drop files on it just like a flash drive
>>
>>57203252
Bait or what?
I have a 128gb sd in my phone.
>>
Just added a 64 gb sd card to my ipod mini to go with the new battery.
>>
Is there a reason they killed the iPod?

What stopped them from doing audiophile shit and expandable/bigger memory?

10 years ago I thought we'd have 500GB-1TB iPods now.
>>
>>57204806
The high capacity ipods would make people question why the storage prices for iphones are so ridiculous.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.