[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THIS. This is all I want /g/. a nice, clicky mini keyboard with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: dream.jpg (69KB, 414x386px) Image search: [Google]
dream.jpg
69KB, 414x386px
THIS. This is all I want /g/. a nice, clicky mini keyboard with touchpad mount for my smartphone.
This thing will literally replace many people's laptops and chromebooks

>program on the go
>write essays/ reports on the go
>use spreadsheet/ excel for lab reports on the go
>>
Your smartphone comes equipped with a touch screen keyboard you mongoloid. Why the fuck would you downgrade to that shit?
>>
>>57198156
Not OP, but I use my phone to remote into my Windows PC and Linux server, and it's really annoying having the touchscreen keyboard fill half the display, covering the desktop.
>>
>>57198156
for screen estate while typing/ higher input precision
>>
>>57198182
Lmao then just use your laptop

>>57198195
>needs to see more blank space when typing
>>
File: dreamphone2.png (155KB, 445x730px) Image search: [Google]
dreamphone2.png
155KB, 445x730px
>>
>>57197908
>>program on the go
Program what?
>>
>>57198229
>use your laptop
I often go places without my laptop, and if I had a 5.5" keyboard in my back pocket, I could do server maintenance in my 15min coffee break without lugging my laptop to the cafe.

>blank space
Tell that to Vim.
>>
>>57198254
Sex bot
>>
>>57197908
>poorfag doesn't have a superior laptop so he uses the same phone he plays mobile games on.
>>
This might be pretty good.
>>
>>57198262
>I could do server maintenance in my 15min coffee break
Wagecuck detected
>>
File: daskeyboards everyone.png (15KB, 333x161px) Image search: [Google]
daskeyboards everyone.png
15KB, 333x161px
This is legitimately a daskeyboard ad..

>>57198404
Actually I'm a developer for a small company and I get to work whatever hours I want.
>>
You smartphone keyboard/e-ink display autists are intolerable.
>>
>>57198440
Have you ever used a terminal app on a smartphone, or used a remote desktop/vnc app to a full desktop?
>>
>>57198456

Yes, but fundamentally changing a phone's design for that once use case is NOT worth it. When you're doing it that much anyway, you get a fucking laptop with you like every other person.
>>
>>57198544
This isn't about UCMP's, this is about keyboards you can carry with a normal smartphone.
>>
>>57197908
>program on the go
what are you tripping about faggot? what are you planning to program? what could possibly even be useful to program on a fucking phone unless you are remoting and then again it's a piss poor experience overall.
You looking down a tiny screen on a huge ass phone with that ridiculous keyboard that is good for basic remote functions not actual typing or making text documents, don't you think you will look like a huge ass retard that spent all his money on a phone that isn't a good phone and it isn't a laptop by any means?
>>
>>57198627
>spent all his money on a phone that isn't a good phone
phones are cheap if you were already going to use one. smartphones these days are really powerful, don't you think they can compile java files in a heartbeat? Even if there are no available environments on android/iOS, I can open up a txt file and start writing code for home, where I would compile them.

>ridiculous keyboard that is good for basic remote functions not actual typing or making text documents
that was my point. obviously full sized keyboards are a better experience. but a keyboard like that is a huge upgrade from touch-screen.

I'm just wondering why no one has made a quality keyboard + touchpad mounting kit for the modern smartphone.
>>
>>57197908
The reason why something like that doesn't exist is because nobody cares about programming on the go on a smartphone. There was a time where you could but one of these slide out cases with an attached Bluetooth keyboard and nobody bought that shit.
>>
File: Dell-Chromebook-11.jpg (27KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
Dell-Chromebook-11.jpg
27KB, 636x358px
>>57198726
it's idiotic, a decent keyboard would be at least the size of a 10inch netbook keyboard (which isn't decent but you can at least type something before trying to kill yourself) and if you have to carry around a keyboard that size then why not carry around the at least a screen on that size that let you see what you are actually doing.
Trying to use a phone to replace a laptop is not worth it. It could serve you better a small chromebook with 10 hour battery life to do the same but without being and looking like an abortion.
on that note check on the dell chromebook 11, was meant for class and it has a really comfy keyboard more than 10 hours battery life, a celeron and 4gbs of ram.
>>
>>57198262
>literally need to do work during your BREAK
holy shit
>>
>>57198817
It's my personal server, and I do it for fun.
>>
>>57197908
are you fucking mental? those little keyboards are fucking garbage only matched by the shittiness of the touchpad that comes with them.

source: i fucking own one
>>
>>57198826
>>57198412
so its your own or its work, which one is it kid?
>>
>>57198845
It's my personal stuff on my break from work?
>>
>>57198853
>>57198853
that still doesnt make sense, what the fuck would be so pressing on your stupid faggot tier seedbox or whatever other garbage you try to feel special about would have to be done in a 15 minute window?
>>
>>57198886
batch rendering, compiling, updates, dicking around, etc.
Just having fun with a linux box.
>>
>>57198919
>literally need to WORK during a BREAK
hahah everyone look at this wagecuck and laugh
>>
>>57198929
Are you saying that you don't like messing around with software?
>>
>>57197908
I use a surface pro for all of the that. Why in the actual fuck would I want to do this on a phone? If I need internet I just tether my phone which is perfectly usable for emails and all of the shit you mentioned.
>>
>>57198933
>>57198886
>>57198845
lol, come down rambo and stop bullying the guy. How insecure are you in your intelligence?
>>
>>57198965
I know the guy is just trolling, but for people wondering why it's nice to have a keyboard for a smartphone, the answer that I can give them is; "It's fun"
>>
>>57198399
I have one of these, the keys are nice but the automatic power-off is infuriatingly annoying.

Also sometimes it'll switch into Android behavior while connected to Windows and your escape key suddenly starts launching your homepage.

And there's no delete key on Windows either.
>>
>>57199930
OK thanks. I was thinking of getting one
>>
>implying anyone apart from a few /g/tards who feel that they NEED to program during a break would buy it
Why don't you go on kickstarter or some shit if you think that muh keyboard is such a great idea
>>
>>57197908
Why would you want a tiny screen for real work. Fuck off all you probably do is post long autistic rants on Facebook and get 0 likes mouth breather.
>>
>>57199983
I use it all the time at work with a Yoga tablet. Other than those niggles it's really nice to type on for the size and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Also the battery life is great, charges over microusb, and it folds up small enough so I can keep the tablet, keyboard, mouse, and power cable/wart in a small pouch.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.