[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 9 years old >get computer with Windows 3.11 >managed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: modern laptop user.jpg (204KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
modern laptop user.jpg
204KB, 900x1200px
>be 9 years old
>get computer with Windows 3.11
>managed just fine using it and DOS
>22 years pass
>9-year-olds today are surrounded by technology and yet are even more computer illiterate
>hell, even most 19-year-olds are, too

Why is this? Don't give me shit meme answers like "they're dumber".
>>
they ARE dumber.
We had to actually put in some effort to use out devices, they don't.
>>
>>57193889
consumer accessibility and interactivity. No one has to fix things up anymore. No one has to figure out how things work, for the father solves the problem either himself or by paying someone else.
>>
>>57193945
this

first adopters are usually enthusiasts, then normies eventually get access to it

>first cars, had to know how they worked, or else you couldn't use it
>now, cars can run thousands of miles without any maintenance

>first computers, required knowledge of their workings, and very high cost of ownership meant only enthusiasts could obtain them
>now, easy and cheap as shit
>>
You had to use DOS, which meant you needed to have a vague understanding of what the computer was doing.
We live in an age where the ultimate goal of UX is to obfuscate and abstract the user as far as humanly possible from what is actually happening.
>>
>>57193889
>DOS
are you also still poor as shit?
>>
I'm 19 and my first computer was a 486 DX2-50 with Win 3.11. I fix computers/electronics for a ton of people and I can assure you stupidity is evenly spread across all ages.
>>
>>57193889
Pretty sure an ipad is more advanced than msdos
>>
>>57194534
You can get work done in MS-DOS, though.
>>
>>57194534
apple shills out in full force today
>>
File: mpxplay.gif (106KB, 1110x929px) Image search: [Google]
mpxplay.gif
106KB, 1110x929px
>>57194534
You can multitask in MS-DOS. You can also open mp3s.
>>
>>57194122
>implying there was any other alternative to using DOS
>>
>>57194588
>Andrew Lloud Weber
mild kek
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.