[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any arch pros here? I've just created a new xorg.conf file

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

Any arch pros here?
I've just created a new xorg.conf file (for the screen tearing on my Thinkpad x220) and rebooted.
This screen shows up, and when I press CTRL + ALT + F2 no new terminal shows up. How can I enter my system? I don't know what to do.
>>
Stop using X
>>
>>57188951
what login manager ?
>>
>>57188951
Be more specific.

Are you able to login?

Are you stuck at they point in your screen shot?

Have you tried running
systemctl status [email protected]

as you're being suggested?
>>
>>57188978
lightdm
>>57188971
I might, but now I'm just trying to enter to my PC
>>
>>57188951

Install Ubuntu.
>>
>>57188983
'-') i think that's no problem.
>>
>>57188983
I don't even have a terminal prompt. I've not even reached the login screen
>>
>>57188988
can you enter to your TTY ?
ctrl + alt + f1 ?
>>
>>57189003
press alt + f2 you retard.
if you dont know basic linux usage dont use arch.
>>
>>57189014
calm down m8.
he is beginner.
*not OP*
>>
>>57189029
the should not be using arch if he is a beginner you fucking retard.
>>
>>57189014
It was this indeed, I'm sorry for my incompetence. Thank you all for your help.
>>
>>57189049
o..okay. im done with it.
>>
>>57189049
/thread
>>
>>57189049
this post is the most retarded thing in the thread. So let me guess, you intimately knew everything about arch the first time you used it? ANd don't try to evade me with "hurr I knew linux", arch has specific things to it that you don't need to know on debian or fedora for example
>>
>>57189118
the rage was uncalled for but that poster has a point: if you don't know about virtual consoles maybe you should be using a more user friendly distribution until you get up to speed? if you're new, maybe you should focus on spending as much time learning in a working system, not tripping over random things that just obstacles to the basic things you need to be learning.
>>
This thread is bait.
>>
1 arch does not use xorg.conf
2 thats not the complete boot log

op's pic is like a premature ejaculation
>>
> starting version 231
God no
>>
chroot to it from the arch install disk and remove xorg.conf, it should work. xorg.conf is now obosolete and you should try to make a new config file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
>>
>>57189588
I created the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf file to get rid of screen tearing.
Now I don't know what to do to get rid of it because If I have that file there my system wont start.
>>
>>57189645
ever heard about chroot?
>>
>>57189618
I didnt actually create a xorg.conf flile, I'm sorry If I was misleading.
see:
>>57189645
>>
>>57189645
post a video of your boot and gib link if you cant make it into a webm
>>
>>57189658
>>57189653
I just deleted the file and I'm able to enter my system.
The only problem is that I don't know how to get rid of screen-tearing if I can't use that file
>>
>>57189693
Put it back, change tty,and read the xorg log
Are you a retard
>>
>>57189693
get compton until you figure it out
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.